Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Armatar topic: Discuss anything about Armatars

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 6:34pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

Armatars that are loosing popularity are the two listed below I'd think.

I think they're not loosing popularity, they were seasonal armatars of before and thus you see less and less people with it. I quite frankly like the grinning moon, haven't seen it in this years halloween batch however.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 6:57pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

I used that ghost when it was re-released, but then, I swapped again once it came to the Thanksgiving Armatar Contest.

I'm surprised some people have the ability to keep the same armatar for 2+ years.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 11:23pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Well I've kept mine for 2+ plus years since I haven't been on for about that long except for occasional reappearances ;)

By the way, made it myself for some Spring Armatar contest. I personally like that feature (if it's still around) allowing the members to express themselves more directly by creating their own.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 3:14am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Armatars that are loosing popularity are the two listed below I'd think.

danielo uses the top one...so I've just given that armatar the association of him

Haven't seen the bottom one..don't know why! It looks cool!

If only it resembled a Minotaur a bit more...

Dat gigantic nose ring

I used that ghost when it was re-released

Why did you change it? D= it fit you so well!

I personally like that feature (if it's still around) allowing the members to express themselves more directly by creating their own.

They brought it back =D head on over to AMW and check it out

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 6:01am

Reton8

Reton8

2,542 posts

I only switched once, and that was for a couple of days. Sorry golden winged helm, no more will daddy abandon you.

I tend to recognise people by their armatars. I think not changing it often, or at all, is the best way to become recognised. When I see the "golden winged helm" I instantly think "nichodemus". I don't know if recognition is what nichodemus is going for, but it works.

I haven't changed my armatar for awhile now and I only changed mine when I was forced to change it from the "starry background" armatar. I'm going for the recognition baby!

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 12:24pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

I'm going for the recognition baby!

Let me get this right. You are planning on being recognized from a extremely basic armatar of white shield on a red background?

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 2:10pm

daytimefrogger

daytimefrogger

99 posts

I wish that there was a frog one...

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 4:19pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,542 posts

Let me get this right. You are planning on being recognized from a extremely basic armatar of white shield on a red background?

Initially I had the starry background armatar, that once changed could never be obtained again. Most users switch their armatars at some point. So using the starry armatar worked well. However, the starry armatar has since been replaced/removed.

The last 4 pages of this thread and my armatar only repeats once. Most people change their armatars at some point and, the users that have such little AP they can only use the basic set, probably won't stick around on the forums long enough to over-saturate the basic armatars.

Plus in keeping with the "never changing my armatar theme", I have  been somewhat "forced" to use this one as it was assigned to me after the removal of the starry background armatar.

It's not so much the armatar you choose, but that you are consistent in using only one (or a very few) armatars and that you post often. Doing both those things will probably cause some sort of armatar "recognition"  [user/armatar association].

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 10:40pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

This armatar is superior to all other armatars!

I wish that there was a frog one...

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_123_80.80_c.jpg
There is.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 12:44am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

This armatar is superior to all other armatars!

Are you finally going to be sticking with an armatar now? hahha

Reply to Armatar topic: Discuss anything about Armatars

You must be logged in to post a reply!