ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73878
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 33/50
Thirst: 6/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [100% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

Combo time! I grab 'Oceans Descent' and throw it into the cyborb's chest, most likely pinning it to the tree and freezing it there. I grab the 'R1SK' and use the precious seconds of frozen time to charge a Plasma round and shoot the cyborg in the head.

~You charge at the cyborg and stab the cyborg in the chest. The katana goes straight through him and pins him to the tree. The cyborg begins to try and remove it but he starts to become a blueish color. The sword must be freezing him from the inside out. You then fling out your R1SK and aim at the his head. Suddenly you see movement. The cyborg is gone in an instance. It seems as if he has some type of teleportation type of ability or something. He then appears behind you with a knife to your neck and Ghalaghor staring right at you.

[You didn't think it would be that easy now.. Do you Now wait for you partner to react, maybe talk to him.]
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*HP: 64/100
*Hunger: 3/50
*Thirst: 1/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 10/13 3 Full magazines.
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor [10% ND]
*TEAM: Predators

I gather some dead leaves and small twigs then I light it with the flint and steel.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*HP: 64/100
*Hunger: 3/50
*Thirst: 1/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 10/13 3 Full magazines.
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor [10% ND]
*TEAM: Predators

I gather some dead leaves and small twigs then I light it with the flint and steel.

~As you are using the flint and steel blue sparks come out from it. The twigs and leaves light up in a blue flame after the second try. [Anything you cook on here will cook extremely faster than on a normal fire]
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 35/50
*Thirst: 8/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 7 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 25 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 80%], high technical crossbow
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I ask pang if he wants the bow and the 15 arrows(since I already have a gun). Then walk out.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

UPDATE for GZII:

If anyone plans on playing again, I suggest you read it.

~I will be removing Hunger and Thirst, I'm thinking of adding a more simple thing, but I have yet to think of what to put.
~Currently I'm thinking of different ways for people to get stronger without the use of weapons and such.
~I'm going to add an armor slot. Make things easier and less complicated, might leave gear for like gloves, shoes, etc. (Suggestion loosely based off of one of xAyjAy's ideas)
~Weapons in the next game will be more plasma and element based like now, and no more charge stuff and just different tiers of strength.
~I will be creating fictitious weapons, so no more basing names off of real life weapons.
~The next GZ will not involve so much of the survival aspect but more of the adventure and fighting type.
~I will be adding a new story, but it'll build into the old one.
~More athletic abilities or skills.
~Rebuilding the item section to make it easier to actually know what you have.
~Removing teams and making it a solo player game, even though I like the team based RPG it'll make things a lot quicker and add more fluidity to the game.

-----

If you don't agree with some of things said here, please tell me personally n.n

Please. I repeat, please suggest anything and everything you can to me on my profile. Please. I love adding new ideas. Again... anything...

Also, yes I am working on GZII, not much but a little, just to get a head start. This one will be ending soon. I give it about a week or 2. Probably more like a week. Hate to see it come to an end but since I'm making GZII it shouldn't be a big deal.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 33/50
Thirst: 6/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

[Well what I usually do is get 4 or 5 results of what could happen with your actions, I then roll a virtual dice to see which outcome you get. So basically you could have bad luck or good luck, though I usually will have more good results than bad. xD]

~You successfully pull away the knife from your neck with the rifle, though it does cause a slight cut on your chin it's not really anything. You then successfully knock the cyborg's arm away but he manages to move away. Either way you manage to shoot at the cyborg, but the shot was inaccurate and you hit him in the stomach. The bullet passes through him like butter and he starts to bleed out. While he's trying to cover the wound you slam the rifle against his throat and he falls to his knees gasping for air. He doesn't stun him, but he's preoccupied with his wound.
[12% Charge]

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 75/100
*Hunger: 42/50
*Thirst: 8/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 3 Time âNades, 40 arrows, high technical crossbow, detachable claw
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]

I grab the claw from the creature..as well as the bow and arrows (having him keep 5 just in case) from Tarren. Then I walk out the exit with him..examining my new weapons to get an understanding of them

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Thirst: 6/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 7 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 80%]

I ask pang if he wants the bow and the 15 arrows(since I already have a gun). Then walk out.

~In response you keep 5 arrows and he takes the rest. You both head outside. There isn't any identifiable landmarks of any sort, just flatlands in all directions. You can go west, north or east. The sun looks like it just rose.
[2 Thirst]
-----------------------------------

*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I grab the claw from the creature..as well as the bow and arrows (having him keep 5 just in case) from Tarren. Then I walk out the exit with him..examining my new weapons to get an understanding of them

~You grasp the claw and rip it from the monsters 'hand'. It seems as if the screws attach to the bone or skin. It seems just the right size for a human arm as well and kind of works like a glove. You could try to put the glove thing on, it might hurt but it's worth a try. Since the bow is a crossbow you can use it with one hand, just might have to get used to reloading it. Flatlands from here on out it seems. You can go west, north and east.
[1 Thirst]

(I put the detachable claw in the inventory seeing as right now it's just an item until you put it on. I'll give it a name if you do. But it's your choice.)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I attempt to put the claw on

(goin to talk to R2 about which way to go..so our answer for that will be most likely tomorrow)

In the mean time..after I put the claw on..I practice shooting with the crossbow (to get used to reloading it) by shooting an arrow into the ground over n over

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 89/100
*Hunger: 29/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i try to get behind the robot as silently as possible, grab kenjis katana (it is still inside the nightwatcher, right?) and try cut him into two pieces by lifting the sword from the inside to his head.

if kenjis katana is still stuck into the tree then i grab it, get it out of the tree and get as silently as possible behind the nightwatcher and try to cut his head of with a mighty single slash. if he dodges my attack then i aim for his wound, trying to get the blade inside it to cut him into two pieces.

not to forget that i try to dodge/block any attacks with the katana and my armor.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Thirst: 6/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 7 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

Its North time baby.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Well post my sheet when you can.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well post my sheet when you can.

Yeah I'll post it today.. There's no point in waiting anymore.

If anyone missed this, I'm going to repost it.

UPDATE for GZII:

If anyone plans on playing again, I suggest you read it.

~I will be removing Hunger and Thirst, I'm thinking of adding a more simple thing, but I have yet to think of what to put.
~Currently I'm thinking of different ways for people to get stronger without the use of weapons and such.
~I'm going to add an armor slot. Make things easier and less complicated, might leave gear for like gloves, shoes, etc. (Suggestion loosely based off of one of xAyjAy's ideas)
~Weapons in the next game will be more plasma and element based like now, and no more charge stuff and just different tiers of strength.
~I will be creating fictitious weapons, so no more basing names off of real life weapons.
~The next GZ will not involve so much of the survival aspect but more of the adventure and fighting type.
~I will be adding a new story, but it'll build into the old one.
~More athletic abilities or skills.
~Rebuilding the item section to make it easier to actually know what you have.
~Removing teams and making it a solo player game, even though I like the team based RPG it'll make things a lot quicker and add more fluidity to the game.

-----

If you don't agree with some of things said here, please tell me personally n.n

Please. I repeat, please suggest anything and everything you can to me on my profile. Please. I love adding new ideas. Again... anything...

Also, yes I am working on GZII, not much but a little, just to get a head start. This one will be ending soon. I give it about a week or 2. Probably more like a week. Hate to see it come to an end but since I'm making GZII it shouldn't be a big deal.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*HP: 65/100
*Hunger: 36/50
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I attempt to put the claw on

In the mean time..after I put the claw on..I practice shooting with the crossbow (to get used to reloading it) by shooting an arrow into the ground over n over

~As you put your hand inside the glove you feel a sharp pain climb up your arm and into your body. You scream in agony and the screws that were there automatically drove into your skin and through your bone. Seems like currently you don't know how to take it off, but it seems like a great weapon. You are a little light headed from the experience but you manage. You grab the crossbow and attempt to load it with the claw. It's actually easier than you thought, just might take some time to get used to. You practice until you feel ready and head north with Tarren. As you both are heading north you approach a strange building, abandoned almost. It's seems to be mid day now.
[10 Hp] [2 Thirst] [6 Hunger]

--------------------------------------

*Hunger: 26/50

Its North time baby.

~As you both are heading north you approach a strange building, abandoned almost. It's seems to be mid day now.
[1 Thirst] [9 Hunger]

-------------------------------------

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I barricade I block the door be fore finding a place to sleep. When I wake up the next morning I check the basement before leaving.

~You barricade the door with everything you manage to find that is heavy. Chairs, desks, drawers, etc. You head up stairs and find a bed to sleep in. The next day you wake up to the sun shining in through the window. You get up and yawn. Grab your stuff and head on down. You remember that you were going to check the basement so you head on down there. It's pretty dark even with the dim light. There are useless boxes and junk around but there must be some supplies around. Before you do this though, you hear noises coming from the back of the basement, though the basement is pretty big to begin with, it could just be rats..

----------------------------------------

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 61/100
*Hunger: 29/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i try to get behind the robot as silently as possible, grab kenjis katana (it is still inside the nightwatcher, right?) and try cut him into two pieces by lifting the sword from the inside to his head.

if kenjis katana is still stuck into the tree then i grab it, get it out of the tree and get as silently as possible behind the nightwatcher and try to cut his head of with a mighty single slash. if he dodges my attack then i aim for his wound, trying to get the blade inside it to cut him into two pieces.

not to forget that i try to dodge/block any attacks with the katana and my armor.

~Unfortunately he took the katana out before that, but it's on the ground and he's busy trying to cover his wound. You pick up the Katana and attempt to get behind the cyborg. Before that happens the cyborg gets up and jumps. You look up and the cyborg comes slamming down onto you. You fall to the floor and grab the Katana. You manage to get in good position but as soon as you lift the Katana the cyborg raises his hand and takes out a knife a stabs you in the stomach. You release the Katana in pain. It seems like it might of hit a vital organ. You are light headed now but you attempt to grab the Katana again. You take it and quickly slice it upwards from the cyborgs right arm and diagonally up. Everything freezes, the Katana creates instant ice to silence the cyborg and then he falls apart into 2 pieces, when he hits the floor his top half shatters into thousands of pieces. You roll over onto your side and cover your stomach screaming in pain, you are losing blood and fast.
[28 HP and dropping fast]
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I go check it out, my finger on the trigger of the small pistol I had found earlier, just in case what made that sound is not friendly.

Showing 361-375 of 550