ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 74057
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sour..you forgot about my rolling of the time 'nade

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 30/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked fish, 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons:*Unidentified Small Pistol Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I check the fridge, if there isn't anything there I'll heat the cook fish up before eating it, I don't like eating cold things.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Sour..you forgot about my rolling of the time 'nade

Wow I'm idiot. I'll add it to the next part, just pretend I wrote it down anyways n.n

----------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 33/50
Thirst: 6/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [100% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

I WILL NOT DIE THIS WAY.

[Yeah I won't jump ahead of myself next time.]

I draw both Katanas and step out a little onto the branch (I picked a very thick branch). It can't jump all the way up to my limb, so it'll have to use the trunk, or try to jump from another tree.

~With both Katanas in hand you prepare for an attack. But it doesn't seem to be anywhere in plain view that you can know of. You stay quietly and alert. You don't hear anything but silence for a while. You and your partner nervous and trying to hurry up and get out of this mess. You then hear something close by above you. You quickly look above and prepare to attack the Nightwatcher but you look over and it's attack your partner. He was caught off guard and is now being punched over and over but it seems he managed to get a few critical stabs on the enemy. He seems to be unconscious since he isn't moving... or dead. He then stops and looks at you and jumps back up into the air. What's your next move?

--------------------------------------

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 39/100
*Hunger: 29/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i hold my glock firmly in my left hand, my dagger in my right hand and look around, trying to find a sign where the nightwatcher could be. also, i wait for a silent response from kenji so we can both plan our next move.

~You look at Kenji and wait for an attack. You hear nothing but silence. Your grip isn't the best due to your sweaty palms but you manage it. You then hear something from above and quickly prepare for the attack. A Nightwatcher jumps on you and starts punching away at you, you manage to get a few stabs with your dagger, probably critical but after only a few stabs you start to see black until finally you are knocked out.
[Knocked out until Kenji can wake you up so you'll have to wait for him to respond] [Lost 32 HP from fight]
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 75/100
*Hunger: 42/50
*Thirst: 8/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 3 Time âNades, 20 arrows
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I grab one of my arrows and hold it in anticipation...

I then motion to Tarren to take another shot in the same direction to light up the area like when we entered

And don't forget that 'nade

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

What do you mean, he "jumps back into the air?" Did it leave, or is it heading for me, or is it still there?

Let me explain it I guess. So after he was done destroying Ghalaghor's face he jumps back into the air. Remember he attack from above so I'm assuming that he's probably coming after you as well after he gave you a look. :P

Hope that clears it up. So basically it's heading for you, you just don't know from what angle or position.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*Hunger: 35/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 10 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 80%]
*Gear: None

I take another shot but I back away a little bit, just in case if it jumps out.

By the way, is this monster a male or female?

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

You missed mine.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

You missed mine.

Nope lol. I was going to wait for thebluerabbit but whatever :P

By the way, is this monster a male or female?

Unkown.

UPDATE: Not that I've been working on Ground Zero II or anything but I have lots of ideas in the back of my head. One for which take of hunger and thirst, I don't think it's because it's a hassle to keep up with, it's just because I don't want to focus so much on the technical part but more on the adventure and story itself. Most people wanted it out anyways so I hope you guys are happy about that n.n Other than that you guys should keep an eye out for how the next one is gonna be.

----------------------------------

*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 10 Arrows

I take another shot but I back away a little bit, just in case if it jumps out.

~You take another shot not knowing where it is, but you shoot at where the noise is coming from. The room lights up for a few seconds and you see the monster charging at both you and your partner. When the room lit up you both notice that the grenade your partner threw is right in front of the monster and it instantly blows up and lights the room up. You both get knocked over from the explosion and suddenly it's just silence. You get up and your partner uses some type of switch on the wall that was lit up. It turns the lights on. It seems like there is only one exit, but there are a few supplies around, even though most of it got destroyed.

---------------------------------------

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack

I grab one of my arrows and hold it in anticipation...

I then motion to Tarren to take another shot in the same direction to light up the area like when we entered

~Your partner shoots and the room lights up for a few seconds and you see the monster charging at both you and your partner. When the room lit up you both notice that the grenade you threw it right in front of the monster and it instantly blows up and lights the room up. You both get knocked over from the explosion and suddenly it's just silence. You get up and notice a dim light near you, like a switch or something. You use it and the lights turn on. It seems like there is only one exit, but there are a few supplies around, even though most of it got destroyed.

*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons:*Unidentified Small Pistol Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades

I check the fridge, if there isn't anything there I'll heat the cook fish up before eating it, I don't like eating cold things.

~You check the fridge and there isn't anything in there except some rotten milk and a green moldy sandwich. You heat up your cooked fish on the stove and eat them. There are some stairs going up to the second floor and there is also a basement. The lights could probably attract the Nightwatchers so you decide to turn them off.
[10 Hunger each fish] [1 Thirst]
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.

I barricade I block the door be fore finding a place to sleep. When I wake up the next morning I check the basement before leaving.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I place my arrow back

I motion to Tarren to go check out the supplies...I go over to the remains of the creature and check it out (maybe see if there is anything I can grab from it)

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i will wait in a hiding spot outisde of the house until i can see who that is

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I crawl around in the supplies to see if I can find anything useful.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*HP: 64/100
*Hunger: 3/50
*Thirst: 1/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 10/13 3 Full magazines.
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor [10% ND]
*TEAM: Predators

I search my med-pack for something that can start a fire, if not I'll just rub two sticks. (lol)

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*HP: 39/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i take the medkit and my last painkillers, then i begin to shoot at the head of the nightwatcher, aiming for his eyes (they glow so i should be able to see them, right?).

i cover kenji by shooting at the nightwatcher, aiming for its head and/or eyes. not to forget that i run away from the nightwatcher when it follows me, but so that i lead it in kenjis direction so he can cut it with his katanas.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@Shadowgun: I cannot post your sheet yet because I need another person to post theirs yet or I could cause a so called ''aradox'', ty. xD

---------------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 33/50
Thirst: 6/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [100% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

I back up, then jump to Ghalaghor's tree, using the Katanas to stab the trunk and hold myself up. I offer him a medpack.

~He takes the medpack and he immediately feels better. He starts to distract the cyborg leaving an opening for you to strike.

---------------------------------

*HP: 89/100
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i take the medkit and my last painkillers, then i begin to shoot at the head of the nightwatcher, aiming for his eyes (they glow so i should be able to see them, right?).

i cover kenji by shooting at the nightwatcher, aiming for its head and/or eyes. not to forget that i run away from the nightwatcher when it follows me, but so that i lead it in kenjis direction so he can cut it with his katanas.

~You begin to shoot at the cyborg but it doesn't seem to be doing anything with the armor it has on. It seems like your dagger did more damage. You begin to run as it charges for you, ignoring Kenji. You wait for Kenji to either engage or think up of something else, or you create a strategy of your own.
[7 Bullets wasted] [2 Thirst]

---------------------------------------

I place my arrow back

I motion to Tarren to go check out the supplies...I go over to the remains of the creature and check it out (maybe see if there is anything I can grab from it)

~While Tarren goes to check out the supplies you check out the horrendous monster laying there in a puddle of blood. A white/redish type of blood. The monster seem to have a lot of 'blubber' and some parts of its body are completely defenseless and you can see through it, and it has a bunch of gears and wires inside of it. Saliva is still dripping out of the corner of its mouth. You approach it closer to see if you can take anything interesting or important. There doesn't seem to be much and the monster is completely destroyed from the explosion. You catch a glimpse of something. It has a metallic detachable claw on it, and it seems to be a dangerous weapon.

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i will wait in a hiding spot outisde of the house until i can see who that is

~Right before you go find a hiding spot the person is moving stuff around and a few minutes later turns off the lights. Nightwatcher might be around. You should probably look for cover maybe inside the house or in the basement. You don't know if the basement is locked or not from the outside.

-------------------------------------

I crawl around in the supplies to see if I can find anything useful.

~You look around but there doesn't seem to be much, and most of it is destroyed. You do find a couple of interesting things though. A bow. Not just any bow either, it's a high technical crossbow. It seems easy to use as well, but it has a lot of complicated buttons and stuff on it. There is also a few rations, 5 to be exact. You notice a lot of arrows but most of them are destroyed. There are only about 15 that are intact. There is some armor, it is a bit battered up, but it works. Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]. The rest is a bunch of junk. There seems to be only 1 way out, but you could look for another way.

------------------------------------------

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*HP: 64/100
*Hunger: 3/50
*Thirst: 1/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 10/13 3 Full magazines.
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor [10% ND]
*TEAM: Predators

I search my med-pack for something that can start a fire, if not I'll just rub two sticks.

~Unfortunately the medpack doesn't have anything but a few bandages and some other medical supplies. While you were looking for it though your survival knife fell out. It seems to be multi-purpose. You look at it and it seems to have a small flint and steel, though it seems like a way more modern type of it's version. The fire could attract unnecessary things, but it should be fine if you quickly cook something and leave the area.

----------------------------------------

Sorry if I missed anyone or if there are any update problems with sheets, please report it to me right away if any. Again shadowgun, I am waiting for a response from someone else. Sorry I just don't want to create any errors. It should be quick though. Lol.
Showing 346-360 of 550