Heroes of Irridia (Fantasy rpg)

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 7:02pm

theonewhoplays

theonewhoplays

358 posts

Ugluk:
The fight begins:
Your enemy has the initiative.
Before you can hit him with your shoulder, he hits you for 8 damage. your armor reduces the damage. you suffer only 7 damage.
You miss him
Round 2:
You hit him with your sword. He looks slightly wounded. He misses
Round 3:
You both parry each other blows
Round 4:
He hits you for 8 damage (-1 damage so you suffer 7)
He parries

Four rounds are over. What now?

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 7:23pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Name:Ugluk Shakil
Race:Orc
Class: Warrior, Might
XP: 3/10
Primary Attributes:
Str:14
Con:14
Dex:12
Per:10
Wis:10
Int:9
Cha:10
Secondary Attributes:
Hp:42
Hit: 13/20
Def:13/20
Control: 38
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Armor: Clothes (Orcish Tunic & Breeches)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Gold:18
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

why don't i have control over what i do? i would like to say what i do every round

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 7:59pm

theonewhoplays

theonewhoplays

358 posts

Ugluk:
In fight scenes I always do four rounds at once so fights don't become to long. Also 1 round is a really short amount of time (3 seconds) so you can't really change your strategy that fast. All your other fights weren't full on fights so I handled it different there. Sorry to confuse you. But you can tell me your strategy for the next four rounds.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 7:09pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

So, can i go back to the last round to redo it, since i know how this works over time

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 7:14pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Alliance of Light
Name: Kenji
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Level: 1 15/30 XP
Primary Attributes:
Str:10
Con: 11
Wis: 10
Int: 10
Per:13
Dex:14
Cha:11
Secondary Attributes:
Hp: 32
Hit: 11/20
Def: 13/20
Ran: 11/20
En: 39
Skills: Double throw/shot [1/2]
Weapons: Elmin's Dagger (3-8 Damage), Bow (5-10 Damage), Throwing Knives [5] (1-6 Damage), Knife (1-6 Damage)
Armor: Long dark-green trenchcoat with buckles, white coat, dark-green pants, brown boots, heavy leather belt, heavy leather bandolier (for quiver and bow), two-fingered brown gloves
Inventory:Backpack, Strange Orb, Strange Dagger, Arrows (82), Quiver, Waterskin (4), Meat(11), Bread(1), Choke Cord (Bowstring)
Gold:20
Description: *shrouded in mystery*

Well, okay then...I find a public stable and tie my horse to it, then take the backpack and quiver (which has all of my items in it) and leave. I go to the local General Store.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:26pm

theonewhoplays

theonewhoplays

358 posts

Ugluk: Well since you didn't know that you can redo it this time. So what is your tactic?

Kenji: There re no "public" stables, but many inns have stables with them. One night for your horse costs 2 gp. You go to a general store. What do you want to buy?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:48pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Alliance of Light
Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Weapons: Elmin's Dagger (3-8 Damage), Bow (5-10 Damage), Throwing Knives [5] (1-6 Damage), Knife (1-6 Damage)
Armor: Long dark-green trenchcoat with buckles, white coat, dark-green pants, brown boots, heavy leather belt, heavy leather bandolier (for quiver and bow), two-fingered brown gloves
Inventory:Backpack, Strange Orb, Strange Dagger, Arrows (82), Quiver, Waterskin (4), Meat(11), Bread(1), Choke Cord (Bowstring)

What do they have for sale?? Dude, you're the GM. You have to give the players options. This RPG is fun, but you're getting too laid back. Do some work. Imagine. Build. Okay?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:28pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:

ja danke

i flaunt as before, then when he comes at me i take a defensive stance, ready to tackle him in a lowered stance, afterwards i make a slash aiming for the stomach

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 6:32pm

theonewhoplays

theonewhoplays

358 posts

Kenji: *you are right. I was to laid back.ok.... let's try this again*
You walk around in the still lively streets for a bit until you find a small general goods store. As you enter, the shopkeeper, an elderly small man with an almost bald head looks up. "Oh an elf" he says "what could i possibly do for one of the fair folk?" The walls are full of cupboards with cooking utensils, Leather and metalware and some food on them. What do you want to buy?
(thanks for your feedback i try to give you the best experience possible, but i think that one turned out pretty good)

Ugluk:
Round 1:You go into a defensive stance and your enemy misses you. You retailate but your enemy blocks with his shield.
Round 2:You tackle him. Throwing him backwards a bit and bruising him lightly. He strikes you, but you can block his sword with your shield.
Round 3: You try to hit him but he blocks and so do you when he strikes you
Round 4: You aim for his stomach but you miss, exposing your right side for an attack. Luckily you can rais your sword soon enough to parry his strike.

Ok. You are unharmed and your enemy is slightly bruised. What is your strategy for the next turns? (i tried to make the retelling of the fight more interesting now. Do you like it like that or do you want me to do it like in the last post?)

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 7:43pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Alliance of Light
Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:

Significantly better, BUT! As all video games (or games in general) have proven, it is much easier to shop when you have a list of items. Is it just cookware? Any bow upgrades, monoculars, rare items that just happened to be there, etc? It can be a humble general store (no rare items or cool upgrades) but the place needs an inventory list. Metalware could be anywhere from a frying pan to chain mail.

A reasonable list, too. I played "Emerald Shield" for a while and couldn't buy anything. A single biscuit was 20 Gold. No kidding.

Reply to Heroes of Irridia (Fantasy rpg)

You must be logged in to post a reply!