ForumsForum GamesHeroes of Irridia (Fantasy rpg)

462 75705
theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

About the world:

Welcome to the continent of Irridia. For generations the Humans of âThe Empireâ have fought the âConglomerate Of Tribesâ with the support of their allies, the Dwarves, while the Sylvan Elves fought the Dark Elves. And for generation the balance of power was intact. But then Humans and Elves allied, forming âTHE ALLIANCE OF LIGHTâ. And the balance shifted. Now on the losing side the âTribesâ and the Dark Elves formed a tedious alliance to become âTHE DUNGEONâ. The war continued. But then a new threat arises. In the east of âThe Empireâ the obscure cult of necromancers caused a cataclysm that turned vast areas of the land into swampland. Many died and the necromancers turned them into undead hordes and took over the newly formed swampland. The war effort of the âThe Empireâ shifted towards the eastern lands that were formerly theirs. âThe Dungeonâ however couldnât benefit from it as the Necromancers slowly but surely began attacking âThe Tribesâ. Now both sides fight not only each other but also a new common foe. In addition to this there are rumors of an even bigger evil slowly emerging from the north. The fate of the whole world now rests in the hands of those who decide to take up the cause and fight. The fate of the world now lies in the hands of THE HEROES OF IRRIDIA!

• 462 Replies
theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek:
(1)You conjure the power of magic within you and... nothing happens except that you feel weaker. (critical failure, you lose 6 mana). (2) Then you attack one of the goblins with the tusk. He gets the drop on you and strikes first but you can deflect his blow with the tusk. You stab and hit him with it, hurting him gravely. (3) The goblin strikes you but misses you and you see your chance to strike back. But as you strike, you lose hold of your weapon and it flies off in an arch. (4) The goblin sees that you are now without any means to defend you and strikes, injuring you (-8 hp), but before he can hit you again you take your staff from your back and raise it to defend yourself.

Name:Endrek Mahl
Race: Human
Level: 0 9/10 XP
Class: Mage, Magical element
Primary Attributes:
*Str: 9
*Con: 9
*Dex: 10
*Cha: 11
*Per: 12
*Wis: 12
*Int: 15
Secondary Attributes:
*Hp: 19/27
*Hit: 9/20
*Def: 10/20
*Ran: 10/20
*Mag: 14/20
*Mana: 1/42
Weapons: Staff (2-7 Damage)
Armor: Mage Robes, Mammoth fur coat,
Inv.: Waterskin, Satchlet for Herbs(containing 2 healing herbs), Magic Dust (for idenfifying magic)(4), Waterskin, Bread(3) Mammoth tusk.
Spells: Magic Shards: 1-4 Damage, up to 3 projectiles, 3 Mana per Projectile
Magic Arrow: 3-8 Damage, 8 Mana
Gold: 2 Gold
Description: Parents were quite brutish (as you can see by his name) but somehow Endrek ended up more like his great uncle who is mannerly and refined.

You are wounded and your enemy is gravely wounded. What now?

Kenji:
"Hmm... i don't think anything is at this mark" The warden says. "but since it comes from a necromancer i will alert the count so he can send out a patrol to check what is there. Thank you for the information" He stands up to leave "Oh and here is your reward." he gives you a leather sack with 150 goldpieces in it. and then leads you out of his office.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek:
(1) The goblin misses as you take of your coat and throw it at him. (2)Struggeling with getting it off he makes an easy target out of himself so you can hit him quite easily. (3) He continues to struggle with your coat and you use the opportunity to hit him in the head,cracking his skull and killing him.
The battle is over. The goblins are dead. You look over to the dwarf and he is in a bad shape but alive. A dagger is sticking out of his stomach. He pulls it out and looks at it. "argh...poison" he says, as he collapses and dies on the spot.

And so ends the exploration of boatmurdered and history has repeated itself with only one survivor leaving the city, beaten but not defeated. You receive 15xp and level up. (i'll do that in a seperate post)
*also, didn't you take the short sword from the mammoth skeleton?*

Kenji:
The warden turns around: "well i still have to talk to the count, but the patrol will probably be sent no early then in a few days so if you want to check it out for yourself you can" after that he leaves. Where to now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek:
You leveled up and are now level 1 with 14/30 xp.
Because of that you can choose 1 of your attributes to increase by 1

also you can take one of those skills:
Tier One: Arcane Arrow: 1/3 (a better form of the magic arrow dealing 6-11 damage and costing 11 mana)
Magic Missile: 1/3 (a projectile that is very unstable causing its damage output to fluctuate greatly: 2-12 costing 9 mana
Arcane Trap 1/2 (generates a field that is around 3x3 meters big that can do three things: 1. hold a person for 2 turns, 2. hinder a mage/priest from casting spells for 2 turns 3. hurting person for 3-8 damage. Last for 2 activations (only one effect can be chosen for each use))

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: You leave the mages guild (not without a hostile look from the guard at the gate) and return to the shop. Sadly it is closed already as it is beginning to get dark. What do you do?

Endrek:
(arcane trap costs 6 mana. and yes if you want to keep it you should add the sword.)
You loot the goblins. But except their rusty scimitars they have nothing of value on them. after that, you look around. Nightfall is imminent so you decide to look for a place to rest. you take the torch of the dwarf and look around. you soon find a small cave. it is only a few meters long and there are no traces of wild animals (or traps) this should be a good resting place.
do you rest here or do you look further?
(do you take the gold from boatmurdered with you?)

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: You look for one of the cheaper inns in town. After a good half hour of searching you find one that suits your needs. The inn does not make a good impression but it will be enough for one night. you ask the innkeeper how much it will cost for one night. He says that it will be 2 goldpieces for you and your horse. The room is also not really a dream come true but good enough. Nothing happens in the night. The next day you feel good.

Endrek: You rest the night in the cave. nothing interresting happens. Where do you go now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
After you wake up you head straight for the general store. The streets are still pretty empty but as you turn into the street of the general store you see a patrol of 4 guards heading your way. the guards wield short spears, round shields and wear padded armor. the store is closer to you then it is to them.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek: ah yes... you regenerate 3 hp and 7 mana
Behind you you see the mountain ranges. In front of you is the valley of boatmurdered (with lava) far to the left you see a forrest and to your right are the peaks of the great northern mountains. Far away, in front of you you see a few smoke pillars. possibly from a settlement. you also see those even further away behind the forrest (you are pretty high up so you can see pretty far)

Kenji: You enter the shop. It seems the guards haven't reognized you, or even seen you. The shopkeeper greets you: "ah... welcome back! thought about buying one of those monoculars?" after you tell him you want to buy the more expensive one he hands it to you and you give him 35 goldpieces. just as you are about to leave (still facing the counter) you hear the door opening heavy boots hitting the floor "ah... i knew i would find you here" a voice behind you says. What do you do?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Ugluk Shakil
Race:Orc
Class: Warrior, Might
XP: 3/10
Primary Attributes:
Str:14
Con:14
Dex:12
Per:10
Wis:10
Int:9
Cha:10
Secondary Attributes:
Hp:42
Hit: 13/20
Def:13/20
Control: 38
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Armor: Clothes (Orcish Tunic & Breeches)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Gold:52
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

"A pint of good beer and a room for the night."

he sits and drinks *hopes for an encounter roll*

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
"Sure sweety" the barmaiden replies. "that'll be to goldpieces she says as she hands you a beer and a small key. after you paid the money she says: "it's room 3. can't miss it" You lean back and drink your beer. Suddenly at the other side of the inn one guest hits another one and a brawl errupts. Do you participate?

Kenji: (the magnification is about 15 times. no crosshairs.)
The guard gives you a weird look. "what? who are you? i mean my father." he turns to the shopkeeper. "here dad, you forgot that at home" and gives him a small package. "thanks son" he replies. As the guard leaves he turns around and says: "are all elves that weird?" What now?
(i got you with that didn't i?)

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: You go to the bowsmith. The streets are getting more and more crowded as you go there, and with the help of some of the citizens you soon find the his shop. Inside is a small room. On the wall behind the counter and to your left are weapon stands with bows and arrows on them. You are surprised to see that the shopkeeper is an elf. He looks up as you walk in and greets you: "Ah, welcome kinsman. how can i help you"

Endrek: You begin to walk towards the nearest settlement. It is cold and the terrain is rough but it smoothens out as you go. Also, the temperatur rises. It takes you 3 whole days, and all your bread, but finally you arrive at the settlement. it is a small dwarven village. Not much more than a few farms, an inn and a few general goods stores.

ajgelaga: (please give your character a name. also, sorry i am not going to join your game, i cant even find it. if you could send me a link i will take a look)

Character Charts: The Alliance Of Light
Race: Human
Class: Warrior, Might( i have now idea what dragons nest is)
Primary Attributes:
Str:12
Con: 14
Wis: 10
Int: 10
Cha:11
Secondary Attributes:
Hit(chance):12
Def(ence):12
HP: 40
Control (used to "cast" skills when you get them): 38
Weapon. Sword (4-9 damage) (yours was over the top. I dont even know what a force gauntlet is and the other thing doesn't exist in the game)
Armor: Leather vest (2 armor)
Inventory: waterskin, meat(5), Backpack
Gold:15
Description: Always wears a coat, has a white part on his hair, and not that muscular but strong and one of the fastest among the warriors.

You are standing on a crowded marketplace in a big city. There are all sorts of shops and such here. Where do you go? What do you do?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
The shopkeeper replies:"hmm i don't think that would be useful. the monocular and the rail would be way to heavy and also it would be to far away from your eye if you draw it. also, you have to keep in mind that a bow isn't THAT precise. about the other bows. We have a long bow for 150 goldpieces, a warbow for 120 and a normal bow for 70 we also have crossbows if you'd like. i also have a special stonewood longbow for 500"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Ugluk Shakil
Race:Orc
Class: Warrior, Might
XP: 3/10
Primary Attributes:
Str:14
Con:14
Wis:10
Int:9
Cha:10
Secondary Attributes:
Hp:42
Hit: 13/20
Def:13/20
Control: 38
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Armor: Clothes (Orcish Tunic & Breeches)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Gold:45
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

He starts cheering, and even throws 5 gold into the mix to liven up the fight.

[quote=ajgelaga] I wish for dual chain lances[/quote]

You obviously don't know what a lance is

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
The Shopkeeper hands you a warbow and says: "ah yeah. the warbow. The strongest type of bow around. You won't be able to shoot quite as far as with a longbow but the sheer force of the warbow is untopped." (it does 8-13 damage)
He then looks at your bow: " hmm nicely crafted indeed and not used that much. I'd say... how about 60 goldpieces?"

Endrek:
oh right... you have 300 goldpieces and 2 golden figurines from the treasure.

Ugluk:
The brawl grows, with people that only where bystanders now joining in to the fight. The landlord tries to keep the men seperated but he fails. What do you do now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek:
There is no "food store" in the village, but you can get food in the tavern. I guess you go there then. You enter the tavern. You have to duck a bit to get through the door because it is made for dwarves, but the ceiling inside is elativly high so you can still stand in there. There are many dwarves sitting in there and talking while drinking beer. As you enter a barmaiden comes over to you and saks: "ah hello. what can i do for you?"

Kenji:
The streets are pretty full right now, but you have no difficulty finding a blacksmith since there is one in the same street. The inside of the blacksmiths workshop is pretty dark, the only lightsource is the forge. There are armor and weapons stands standing at the walls. The blacksmith is standing at the anvil and is hammering a piece of white metal. He looks up to you as you enter: "Ah... looking for a blade are we?" he asks

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
The smith examines the throwing knives. "hmm... they seem to be of pretty good quality" he says "but i think i could make you better ones.. what do you want? better accuracy or sharper blade? or both? i could also try to make them out of white steel. However that would be more expensive"

Endrek:
The maiden replies: "Well you could buy supplies here. What do you need?"

Showing 376-390 of 462