ForumsForum GamesAvatars of the Totems: War

34 5877
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Okay, here's the deal: in a land of powerful magic, there exist eight Totems: the Arcane Totem, source of unnatural magics; the Life Totem, source of the life we know, the Totems of Light and Dark (NOT good and evil, just light and dark) and the four Zodiac Totems.
You first write down your side: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Arcane or Life. Then you put down your Location (by default your starting element's Totem), your Rank and finally your Action. So it should look like this:
Element: Fire
Action: I travel to Dead Fields.
Or this:
Element: Life
Action: I erect a sphere of vines and other plants to protect the Totem.
RULES - READ THOROUGHLY:
1: No profanity. I don't want this to get out of hand.
2: No killing.You can hit them so hard they fly crying back to their Totem, but no killing.
3: No sudden changes of side. You can play as Air and you might regret it, but you'll have to apply for a change of side. I will appoint Controllers from people who play by the rules and think by the rules, but you'll have to ask one o' them. Or me.
4: You can either move from A to B or attack or defend. Not two at the same time. And once you've done, you'll have to wait for a reply before doing another action.
5: Your moves MUST be themed like your Element. E.G: "I create a wall of solid water. Not ice, water." for Water or: "I create a blinding spot of sunlight around the Totem to stop trespassers." for Light.
6: Enjoy it. It's meant to be fun.

• 34 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

http://cuppacafe.com/images/blogimages/image5/NotDeadYet.jpg
The guy on the left is this thread. Hooray!
Element: Water
Action: I sit there, waiting for MagicTree to return.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Action: I bring life to the Dead Fields, by growing trees, bushes and turn it into a general Jungle.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Everyone, it's now Jungle Fields. Hooray! Here's 20XP! You are now a bona-fide Warrior! Plus, from now on you must show your net XP. Like this:
Element: Water
XP: â
Action: I create a hurricane using a combination of my own power, the Water Totem's power and Storm Island's power. Then I send it towards the mainland. Why? For the lulz, of course!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Oh whee this is still alive!
So where do I have to start out? *a bit confusd by all the information*

Locatian: I don't really know anymore............somewhere. Burning things with...stars. Stars are fire. Yes, that's what I'm doing, burning things with stars. WHEEEE COME AND STOP ME IF YOU CAN >
XP: none yet
Action: Oh, well, you already know I'm burning things with stars. Fetch

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Ya, you can fly around in space. This game is supposed to be practically limitless. Have fun!

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

XP: 20
Action: I travel to the Life Totem

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

XP: still not yet, give me a quest how bout it?
Action: BURN THE MOON BECAUSE FIRE OBVIOUSLY BURNS IN SPACE >

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Action: I travel to space

Is this still alive?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Yes.

Action: I travel to space

Why not? You, uh, crash into a satellite.
Action: BURN THE MOON BECAUSE FIRE OBVIOUSLY BURNS IN SPACE >

It does if it's magic fire, yes. New location: Burning Moon! As for your quest, um, go find the Bunny Storm Charm and give it to them. That'll be 10XP, don't get hit by a storm.
Also, I need a few more viewers. Recommend this to any of your friends who you think might like it.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Action: I plummet to Earth (I think?) and then leave a massive crater at the Fire Totem.

Ow.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

It's not Earth, it's not even in the same universe.

I plummet to Earth (I think?) and then leave a massive crater at the Fire Totem.

Congrats! You've dealt about 10 damage to the Fire Totem. Also, I'm calling a vote on whether or not this should have HP for each Avatar.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Good. I didn't want it to be Earth!

Also, I think no HP. Means that we can spend more time being creative about how we attack Totems.

Action: I create parasite plants on the Fire Totem, to suck the HP out of it.
I also smash it with giant tree trunks.

P.S, can we shape-shift into something to do with our element?
P.S.S, Can I have a quest?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Uh, sure. Anyway, you do 5 damage per turn. As for the quest, um, go do 30 damage to the Totem while you're at it.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

XP: none yet!~
Action: Oh, here's the storm charm. Excellent. *shoots off fireworks into the storm totem* EXPLODE AND PEEL OUT LIKE AN ONION MATRYOSHKA >

Whee, I'm insane

mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

Element:Life
Action:I summon dormant seeds in the ground to grow into thorny,whip-like vines to surround the totem.Whenever someone attempts ta get close to it,they extend and grow to lash them in the nearest weak spot.Vines are friendly to allies of the Life element.

This good? Technically,usually plants and wildlife represent a life element in a game.Just wanna make sure I'm good.

Showing 16-30 of 34