Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it? Pt.2

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:47pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,627 posts

Yes, we can just be bland little sheep for you all. That sound wonderful.

I didn't mean it to that extreme lol. I just thought it wasn't good policy to show your opinion on the highly polarized and politicized topics, which are see are few, however in WEPR it seems to be the only type of topic discussed. And this is a completely different arena from news anchors and teachers, so Idk.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 10:32pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

If you try to please everyone you please no one. But it would be interesting. I don't really have any ideas though of what you could do.

I was just saying - the AG championship only has 10 users per round, and I doubt getting a lot of people would make it very easy. The AMW is pretty down - I don't think many people are interested in participating in that area, or at least any more than they have been (even then, not a lot of energy, as far as I can tell). Popular Media, well, not everyone has the same tastes, and especially so on the scale that any bands suggested a majority of us probably wouldn't know, or else had some sort of grudge for. Quests are cool for competition, but I don't think many people are interested in rivalry / accountable competition at this time. Heh, dare I say that with those present who are most likely in the top range of users in terms of their number of quests.

Anyways, I could understand that not everyone has their interest in that area, but is there a medium we all might want to agree to? I'm sensing some sort of a Tavern competition.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:38pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,561 posts

Knight

That would have been nice. I like hearing about other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them.

That's discussion. A friendly conversation, where you respect others ideas and opinions without insulting, or attacking them. Some of the guys in there wont put up with someone going against their ideals, thus making discussion entirely non-existent.

@Jeol

You seem to have quite a bit of insight in that post right there... Some well observed facts, I must say.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:20pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

But what can we, as a community do? I know you stated make awesome threads (how bout more threads as well? =p) and community projects..but there must be more we can do to increase activity

Agreed, there isn't much we can do other than what you just mentioned. Although, pestering seems to be a skill of ours. *Wink*

If you try to please everyone you please no one. But it would be interesting. I don't really have any ideas though of what you could do.

I am planning a Pickle Project in the future. It'll be the third, after the first two received a good amount of attention. I'm studying Machiavelli in my AP Lit class and I am getting some ideas...

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:36pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Well, you could all try doing this.

It'll give you something to work on and look forward to.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:00pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I really like how you guys have reorganized the poetry contests. I think one or two more contests could use the 'mod' touch. Just look at the ASC. Strop came in to judge, and the activity has doubled. That ain't no coincidence.

Combine the mods with 'pestering' the regular forums members, you get a recipe for forum activity success!

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:06pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

I undertook the process on a whim, and am going to see how well the community takes to it. Depending on the success of it it may influence the chances of seeing more official contests.

With the new Quest system and removal of AP it seemed like a prime time to do something like this. And I really hope it takes off. It's more or less my pet project I work pretty hard on throwing together. ^_^

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:08pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Yes, the Quest system and the removal of AP pretty much shifted the community into overdrive. It's hard to find a thread with a January 15th date or older on the first page of a forum.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:29pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

I disagree, I'm finding the tavern a bit boring lately. However forum games and all the support threads are still booming.

I would make a thread in the tavern but I don't know any topics.

When there's a gardening thread on the first page, you know we need to start working. I joke , I joke. :) But seriously, only 4 threads on the front page really are getting lots of posts.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:37pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Yeah, I used to live in the Tavern before I went on my haitus. And it was always really active.

Though I seem to be living in the FG's now. :P

Reply to One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it? Pt.2

You must be logged in to post a reply!