Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Genders

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:36am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

What happened to the old "X is a [male/female] in [place]"?
Without ranks anymore (Lord/Lady, Duke/Dutchess, Prince/Princess, King/Queen), it can be difficult to determine the gender of a user and assumptions are made, especially by/of new users. Can there be an icon option somewhere so we don't need to guess?

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

it can be difficult to determine the gender of a user and assumptions are made, especially by/of new users. Can there be an icon option somewhere so we don't need to guess?

Don't want Kasic to be called a girl again now do we =p haha

But this shouldn't be too much of a problem for the awesome team Ferret and the Ferrettes! Even just a simple gender symbol under the name should be sufficient (for now..)

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 4:11am

leo99rules

leo99rules

2,841 posts

team Ferret and the Ferrettes

I really hope we're not seriously considering that name. -_-

Also, I think someone is forgetting rule 37. There are no girls on the internet. They're only people from real life visiting... or spies.

In all serious though, it doesn't make a difference. A girl serf is no different from a boy serf. I don't think many of the titles are actually gender unlocks. At estimate I would guess around 4 have genders.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:51pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Don't want Kasic to be called a girl again now do we =p haha

Actually, that's FAR from the first time someone has thought I was a girl. I guess either my name seems like a girl's name or the manner in which I speak seems feminine...Either way, I can't think of a place I've used this username and not had someone assume I was a girl.

I really hope we're not seriously considering that name. -_-

I propose, "Ferret the Ferrous" or the coverse, "Ferrous Ferret." I think it fits the theme or Armor Games :P

In all serious though, it doesn't make a difference.

It doesn't really, but it's kind of a mainstay to have in a bio or profile.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:35pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,134 posts

Knight

Even just a simple gender symbol under the name should be sufficient (for now..)

Yeah, that's a good idea pang. (Of course, pang is never satisfied. He wants something EPIC to denote what gender someone is.)

Actually, that's FAR from the first time someone has thought I was a girl. I guess either my name seems like a girl's name or the manner in which I speak seems feminine...

OH Kasic! You're so adorable!! Kiss me now!! *MUAH!!* oh... You're a guy? (Now this is an awkward situation.)

I can't think of a place I've used this username and not had someone assume I was a girl.

I looked up Kasic in Google, and the first result was this guy on Wikipedia. I don't know why someone would assume you're a girl... You're too crudely developed for something like that to be believable.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:35am

shanke

shanke

67 posts

There should be genders in Armor games so that people will know if your a boy or a girl especially if your using a alias like a neutral name it can be a boy's or a girl's name

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:41am

bob5442

bob5442

34 posts

bring back the ranks that-way you can tell.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:47am

shanke

shanke

67 posts

@bob5442 there is a topic about bring back the ranks

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 11:48pm

FireGoth

FireGoth

8 posts

This isn't a dating site, It's called asking if you really need to know so badly.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 11:55pm

Ferret

Ferret

8,612 posts

Administrator

Gender will make it back to your profile sometime in the future. Just not any time soon.

Reply to Genders

You must be logged in to post a reply!