ForumsThe TavernQuotes from your parents

6 1401
IAgreeWithYou
offline
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts
165

Whether the quote is completely stupid, or something incredibly deep.

We all have that one thing that our parents said that are ingrained into our heads. Usually it is something they forget and we still remember for some reason. Well that's with me anyway.

*ehm ehm*

The biggest problems in life are relationships. Everything else can be solved by money and believe it or not, money eventually comes some day.


Or my personal favorite:

Fix your bed!


Me: I'm only going to mess it up tonight anyway. Can you give me a reason?

Because I said so!
  • 6 Replies
kegaumongo
offline
kegaumongo
2,161 posts
24,210

I'm sure there are more, but only two come to my mind at this very moment.

The first one is something that my father told me almost every day when I was at school. I'm glad I listened to him, though.

Take a basic computer skills class!


And then that quote evolved into...

Get a degree in computer science!


Unfortunately, I didn't listen. A pity, maybe I would've had a better job than the one I have now.
soccerdude2
offline
soccerdude2
1,684 posts
1,220

Pull my finger!


Food is not a toy


****it!


I have a lot more that I can't remember, so you'll probably see me posting more in this thread.
Osumnis
offline
Osumnis
1,146 posts
1,650

95%? Where'd the other 5 percent go?


Referring to a grade, of course. The numbers can change.
StormWalker
offline
StormWalker
8,267 posts
3,215

You should do more math practice.

BUT I HATE MATH D:

I don't care, I'm the mom/dad.


Don't bite ______ (fill in the blank) or I'll take away your computer privledges!


That one's kind of old. It used to be said a whole lot, though... which gives you insight into my past....

Leave me out of it.


Close the windows!
Comb your hair!
Clean your room!
Did you brush your teeth?


All sorts of parentism things that they say a lot. I have more, I know it...
MagicTree
offline
MagicTree
759 posts
630

You're too young too understand

NO I'M NOT!!!
No, you're not allowed to sit on Jack's* face!

*My younger brother
xXxDAPRO89xXx
offline
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts
17,055


Fix your bed!

Me: I'm only going to mess it up tonight anyway. Can you give me a reason?


Because I said so!


My mom makes me do that too... I see no point ^^
Showing 1-6 of 6