Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

boy scouts and their antigay campaign

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:23pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

And what would happen if the Scout Master was a pedophile.

Keeping homosexuals out of scouts doesn't keep pedophiles out.

For the Boy scout thing i was talking about a child hitting on are trying to have a relationship with another child.

Where does the stereotype that just because someone is homosexual they'll hit on everyone who's the same gender? How many people do you hit on a day? Further, where does the idea come from that a homosexual is going to push a relationship with someone who doesn't want it? How often do you keep pursuing a girl after she turns you down?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:41pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

Ok first of all I am Mormon and I can not date before I am 16 years old. And if a gay kid in scouts was bothering me all the time I would kick the kid.  And the gay thing with kids in a relationship would ruin the point of Boy Scouts.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:45pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

That kicking thing would only be if the kid was following me everywhere.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:49pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

If a gay scout was following me I would nicely walk over to him and ask him to stop following me.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 5:53pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Ok first of all I am Mormon and I can not date before I am 16 years old. And if a gay kid in scouts was bothering me all the time I would kick the kid.  And the gay thing with kids in a relationship would ruin the point of Boy Scouts.

how would it ruin it? the point of scouts is to become self-reliant and to gain friendships with people who share a common bond with you. being gay doesn't factor into this equation whatsoever, and it shouldn't ruin the evening unless you do one of 2 things:

1. act extremely homophobic to him.
2.think he's attracted to you (he tends to not be) and make it really awkward.

the only reason the boyscouts have to justify their stance is the fact that it was born of a backwards thinking religious fundamentalist.

-Blade

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 6:03pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

That kicking thing was just a joke my later post said that I would tell him to stop following me.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 8:52pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

I feel that the ban/law/whatever is unjust to gays.

Now, I may have christian-ish views on homosexuality, but they shouldn't be banned from participating with other boys or being leaders. I'm totally agreeing with what's been said about gay leaders. Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're a pedophile or a molester. And I'm pretty sure a majority of those are straight in the first place.

Now, if they had a stat that said "Gays are 75% more likely to try to romantically/sexually interact with scout boys" I could understand the hesitation and ban.

....but no such stat exists. It's a simple matter of homophobia.

Get over it, I mean really. Again, I've got those christian-ish views, -ish because I don't hate/despise gays, but I've got plenty of gay guy and girl friends, and they're awesome.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:45am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

Now, if they had a stat that said "Gays are 75% more likely to try to romantically/sexually interact with scout boys" I could understand the hesitation and ban.

actually gays are 100% more likely to try to do that since streight guy has a 0% chance of doing that since streight guys DONT LIKE BOYS lol. but i think i understand what you were trying to say.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 12:26pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

actually gays are 100% more likely to try to do that since streight guy has a 0% chance of doing that since streight guys DONT LIKE BOYS lol. but i think i understand what you were trying to say.

No, child molesters, regardless of whether their victim was male or female, overwhelmingly identify as heterosexual.

Link

It doesn't directly say the stats but if you do a little in depth thinking you can get a clear picture.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 2:51pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

what? how does that make sense? if a GUY sexuality molested a BOY how is he not classified as gay?

Reply to boy scouts and their antigay campaign

You must be logged in to post a reply!