93 posts
Nomad

I would just like to know everyone thoughts on Mormonism

• 132 Replies
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

These thoughts could be like the past of the Mormons or the Modern day Mormons . And other things about their Religion.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

I think the Mormon Church is the best church that is my opinion what is your guys opinion.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I think the Mormon Church is the best church

Why do you think/feel it's the best? How many other types of religious organizations have you gone to or researched to determine this? What differentiates it from the tens of thousands of others?
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Well one thing that changes it from many other churches is that it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have. Another thing that the mormon church has is more scriptures beside the Old Testament an the New Testament

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have.

That's a strike against it. [Matthew 7:15, 21-23]
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

All those scriptures say is there will be false prophets and stuff like that. It does not say which church will have false prophets. You are just assuming that the Mormon Church has the wrong prophet.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

It does not say which church will have false prophets.

I can't recall where, but didn't it say in the Bible that Jesus was the last prophet? Too lazy to look.

You are just assuming that the Mormon Church has the wrong prophet.

You're assuming he was a prophet.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well one thing that changes it from many other churches is that it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have.

First off Joey was a con artist. Secondly by those standards Scientology should be considered even better.

Another thing that the mormon church has is more scriptures beside the Old Testament an the New Testament

Does that mean Islam is better still on this criteria?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I can't recall where, but didn't it say in the Bible that Jesus was the last prophet?

In Luke 16:16 Jesus says John was the last prophet and that no more are needed since the prophecies were for the coming of Jesus and he came.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

n Luke 16:16 Jesus says John was the last prophet and that no more are needed since the prophecies were for the coming of Jesus and he came.

the scripture says that the prophets where not doing that well so God sent his only begotten son.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

And no Magegaywolf I do not think that Islam is still on this criteria I am just saying that it is better to have more scriptures then to have less scriptures.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

And no Magegaywolf I do not think that Islam is still on this criteria I am just saying that it is better to have more scriptures then to have less scriptures.

But Islam has more scripture, so why aren't you saying it's better?
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

And what is your guys reasonings to think that the Mormon Church is so wrong. Please explain with out bias opinions.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Well then the Islam church explains more in their Scriptures.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

You're assuming he was a prophet.

Well you're assuming that all the other prophets where prophets. But i still think that all of those guys in the Bible are prophets.

Showing 1-15 of 132