ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer

33 9047
hahahaha111
hahahaha111
1 posts
Nomad

New Leaked Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer.

Check Out:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tDOnFGNP158]

• 33 Replies
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Just so everyone can be on the same page:

As of Urban Dictionary- A term coined to describe the recent trend of games and formerly respected gaming series' to be dumbed down to appeal to the larger, absent minded CoD base. Symptoms include short, repetitive gameplay, linear levels, simple controls, and an average gamer age of 12.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

As of Urban Dictionary- A term coined to describe the recent trend of games and formerly respected gaming series' to be dumbed down to appeal to the larger, absent minded CoD base. Symptoms include short, repetitive gameplay, linear levels, simple controls, and an average gamer age of 12.

Assassin's Creed has all but one of those things. The levels are rarely linear as the game evolves much as you progress, however the place where you are didn't change much in appearance until three (granted, I've never played one or two). Although, the game play can be long and enjoyable depending on what you're trying to do.

I just think the games looks good but a deeper look at game play trailers is needed before we just to conclusions.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

You're too far gone to reason with. You're what's called a Fan boy/girl and cannot even bring yourself to properly criticize the game where it needs it. Assassin's Creed has all of that, only it's disguised by nifty names.

And it's the same as Skyrim. No or very crappy Risk=Reward.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

This game does look excellent from the trailer. It definitely used the PlayStation 4's (What whatever other new systems may be coming out) platform because that just looked so vivid and breathtaking. I just worry for the series, that they may be releasing games to quickly. I know it may come to an end soon but the designers should definitely be cautious. Then again, it's Assassin's Creed. the quality of games in the series continues to increas

It's a cinematic trailer.
And it's the same as Skyrim. No or very crappy Risk=Reward.

Because everyone hated Skyrim. All those awards and the Best Games, people must have really despised it.
Anyone remember Brotherhood and Revelations? Same bloody year. Nice going, Memory Hotshots.

I myself look forward to seeing more about the game, especially the ships. I don't want any more 60 knot 'ships', I want a nice, realistic frigate. No to mention it may be a good pirate game, rare as they are.

Though I look forward more to Watch_Dogs.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

FUUUUU No American Civil War game?

1 is enough. keep it going and you lose the interest of the rest of the world.
what is ofcours in total a much bigger market then the usa alone.

this game look pretty bad. I mean releasing a game barely a year after the last one?

the game looks bad because it comes short after the other? =S
thats logic i guess. xD

Methinks they got COD syndrome.

dont they have that since AC:Brotherhood already?
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

the game looks bad because it comes short after the other? =S

A sequel that is released a year after its previous installment usually only has minimal changes and is essentially the same game. As seen in AC: Brotherhood to Revelations, and Call of Duty games.

[quote]dont they have that since AC:Brotherhood already?

Yep, I don't see why people started complaining only now. However,AC4 has supposedly been made by a different Ubi studio than the one for AC3. So if that is true they have been working on the title for over a year.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

A sequel that is released a year after its previous installment usually only has minimal changes and is essentially the same game. As seen in AC: Brotherhood to Revelations, and Call of Duty games.

looks are graphics right?

ever since CoD went doing modern wars i hated the gameplay, setting, style, etc. but i can't say the game looks bad the graphics look good.

how can a game look bad only because there was a game soon befor?
or did the last game also look bad? (or the game before, or before, before)
you can't expect great graphical changes like bethesda does in just 1 year and when they dont change/upgrade the engine.

Yep, I don't see why people started complaining only now.

i think the same reason as whit CoD. the mass just doesn't see it sooner.
blinded by the hypes or something i guess.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Because everyone hated Skyrim. All those awards and the Best Games, people must have really despised it.

You seemed to have misunderstood me. In Skyrim. You aren't rewarded properly for the risk you take to do something. I cleared a somewhat difficult dungeon only to be rewarded with 5 gold and a crappy piece of armor. The same thing happened to me in AC3. I went all over the map falling to my death and getting killed by bears,wolves, and cougars because of glitches to collect the 50 feathers. And all I got was a stupid costume that does nothing at all.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

looks are graphics right?

ever since CoD went doing modern wars i hated the gameplay, setting, style, etc. but i can't say the game looks bad the graphics look good.

or did the last game also look bad? (or the game before, or before, before)
you can't expect great graphical changes like bethesda does in just 1 year and when they dont change/upgrade the engine.

You're referencing this post, right?

Besides that, this game look pretty bad.

Yeah, I don't think he had graphics in mind at all. He simply meant the game did not appear to be good/fun.

Well that's the thing, games shouldn't be made so close together that the engine is exactly the same and there is no graphical difference. Improvements should be made.

And all I got was a stupid costume that does nothing at all.

Well yeah. That's enough if you ask me. Same thing happened in AC2, except it made the game harder. The feathers are just there to be something extra, no point in rewarding you.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Well yeah. That's enough if you ask me. Same thing happened in AC2, except it made the game harder. The feathers are just there to be something extra, no point in rewarding you.

With that logic. A job is something extra, so no point in giving you money. Listen..er...read. When I have to waste up to 2 hours running around a bland environment full of deadly glitch filled "monsters;" I, and I'm sure anyone who bothered with them, expected at least a weapon.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

With that logic. A job is something extra, so no point in giving you money. Listen..er...read. When I have to waste up to 2 hours running around a bland environment full of deadly glitch filled "monsters;" I, and I'm sure anyone who bothered with them, expected at least a weapon.

Unless the weapon was the powerful and easy-to-get officer cavalry saber, what would it matter?
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Unless the weapon was the powerful and easy-to-get officer cavalry saber, what would it matter?

I really am dealing with children. I'm out. Site turned to crap anyway.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Sometimes i forget that you people are children, and not the people I've dealt with in Memecenter

Lol. Memecenter. Not children. k

You're complaining about not getting a "good" reward for completing something trivial yet tedious. Collecting feathers is as far off to the side as side missions can go. It's not important. I'd understand if you were complaining about completing all of the dungeons in a previous AC installment and not getting anything, those actually take some work to complete, and there is an actual reward. But collecting a bunch of feathers isn't exactly a challenge.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

You are the one from Memecenter. I suggest revoking your insulting remarks.

Complaining about a lack of rewards from collecting feathers? You are the child here, it seems.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

You're referencing this post, right?

what you need referenced?
i think i was pretty clear there.

Well that's the thing, games shouldn't be made so close together that the engine is exactly the same and there is no graphical difference. Improvements should be made.

companies have as core to make money. if people keep buying it, i totally understand the reasons behind these fast releases.
thats the company listening to itself instead of the players. (not to mention that 2 weeks after AC:3 some people were already asking for a new game.)

With that logic. A job is something extra, so no point in giving you money.

your job isn't the extra. the voluntary work at your sport club for example is the extra.
and do you get paid full time for voluntary work or do you just get a few free beers after closing time?

When I have to waste up to 2 hours running around a bland environment full of deadly glitch filled "monsters;" I, and I'm sure anyone who bothered with them, expected at least a weapon.

your not running around for the fun of it?
do you feel like searching feathers is work?
Showing 16-30 of 33