Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted May 17, '13 at 11:40pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

And even with omnipotence, you'll eventually become bored.

Yeah, it'd be like minecraft, but everyone has an endless inventory of everything, no monsters, no taking damage. Anybody else seen that Twlight Zone episode with the guy who gets shot and goes to 'heaven' where everything is rigged to win? It loses its appeal fairly quickly when it's not a surprise and there's no skill involved.

Posted May 18, '13 at 12:09am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

Steveism is a LIE, because it has no special hat.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT0RAiDkEre0mNRek7pi1LKtNhh2CFGfdEJIO6X1f0pF0VhrRgmw
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PCU1321.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9THBhMNvn6YqqVRXvetY36Ehr5MluNx-X2Yq-YhtmQzCuFa7A
It's all about HATS! HATS, I TELL YOU! HATS!

Posted May 18, '13 at 12:27am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

Steveism is a LIE, because it has no special hat.

Who needs a hat when you've got a seat of power?

Posted May 18, '13 at 3:23am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

lol what is steveism,a load of garbage anyway my parents didnt force me to accept islam when i got older i accepted it myself and while i read the islamic books and the quran my faith just keeps growing bigger.... and i have never heard of steveism a load of garbage that is.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:23am

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

Yeah, it'd be like minecraft, but everyone has an endless inventory of everything, no monsters, no taking damage. Anybody else seen that Twlight Zone episode with the guy who gets shot and goes to 'heaven' where everything is rigged to win? It loses its appeal fairly quickly when it's not a surprise and there's no skill involved.

Exactly. These are the things that make life interesting. The seeming randomness, the achievement gained from working for something, our constant quest to understand the unknown. If the odds are forever in your favor, you have the power to do anything and you know every mystery there is to know, what's the point of life at that point? It sounds great in theory to essentially be like God, but in practice, not so much.

That Twilight Zone episode was pretty interesting. Christians and Muslims fool themselves into thinking that this paradise where they are promised to have all the answers of the universe, dozens of  virgins and whatever else, would be a good thing. In reality though, this paradise they perceive as a reward, would inevitably become a Hell of its own.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:51am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

What about you keep getting bad things in life anyway im sure that God has alot of surprises in Heaven and anyway im hoping to get away from this earth from these sufferings and anyway a guy said on the first page that God set humanity on a tree or something like that when its supposed to get tempted to do bad things by the devil,God did that because The devil wasnt a angel but another being which god made that have free will  that are called Jinn . God promoted the Devil to angel because he was a very good worshipper of God but let him keep his freewill.When God made Adam and Eve ,he ordered all of his angels to bow down to his latest creation but only the Devil disobeyed so God kicked him out of Heaven .There was a tree which God said was forbidden for Adam or eve to eat but the Devil tempted them into tasting it so God told them to go on earth.Adam and Eve begged for forgiveness which God granted but told them that if they were good and did good deeds he will accept them on Heaven after they died but if they followed the Devil they will be tortured in Hell for eternity,so another question after what i told you ,do you still want to worship Satan or God. Your Choice

Posted May 18, '13 at 5:05am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

actually i read on a website that the Devil was never a angel at all but Jinn's were created to worship God too but most of them are non believers too because they have a fiery nature anyway go on this link and youll see that many mysterious animals people you see are actually Jinn ,enough from me but go read yourself!
http://www.islamawareness.net/Jinn/world.html

Posted May 18, '13 at 5:11am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

you guys are saying it would become boring in Heaven? Beats getting tortured in hell for eternity!!!

Posted May 18, '13 at 5:25am

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

you guys are saying it would become boring in Heaven? Beats getting tortured in hell for eternity!!!

Well, that's another thing you don't think through completely. How many centuries can you burn in a fire at the same temperature can you burn before you just stop giving a crap? Either the torture would need to get progressively worse or you would become numb to it after a while.

Not that I think the Christian interpretation of Hell was correct. The Bible spoke of dropping people into a lake of fire, which probably means they just die. Especially considering Jesus earlier stating that the only way to achieve eternal life is through him, it would be logical to assume that the alternative to heaven is not hell, but death.

The Quran might be different though.

Posted May 18, '13 at 5:28am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Responded here.

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!