ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192711
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

He wasn't one of the writers.

Neither were any of the Gospels written by the people who they are ascribed to, what's your point?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Still no evidence whatsoever that Christ is god and that he gave us this set of commands. The bible is not proof of itself.

Hence, the need for tradition and faith.

Funny how that council picked and chose from all the available 'god inspired' books. Many of which give -very- different accounts. Or don't even say Christ had superpowers.

Do you expect each of the four evangelists to say it word for word? They all were the same story, just worded different, and some contained extra things. Also, the bible contains many, many, times Christ used his supernatural powers.

He also told Moses to stone a man to death for picking up sticks on the Sabbath:
Okay, but this isn't revealing something. The third commandment is Remember Keep Holy the Sabbath. You atheists...it's just funny.

how do you know any of it means what it should?
A mix of faith, tradition, and the Living Voice of the Church.

No, go read Exodus 20. He revealed the 10 commandments to all of Israel. The people became so terrified at His voice that they begged Moses to be a mouthpiece for God instead. If you're saying that Moses was revealed nothing else, explain Leviticus.

Let me clarify. Someone asked if God ever handed anything else written to Moses, aside the commandments. So yeah, pay attention. Moses may have written things, but he was not given written things.

Neither were any of the Gospels written by the people who they are ascribed to, what's your point?

Mark wrote Mark, John wrote John, Luke wrote Luke, and Matthew wrote Matthew, I don't understand what you mean, please explain.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Okay, but this isn't revealing something. The third commandment is Remember Keep Holy the Sabbath.

Should I take it upon myself to punish my father for mowing the lawn or deciding to cook dinner on Sundays? What about my neighbors across the street who wish to paint their walls? These are the 10 commandments, after all, and Jesus did state that the fundamental laws of The Father still apply since the beginning.

You atheists...it's just funny.

Remember our talk earlier, okay?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Mark wrote Mark, John wrote John, Luke wrote Luke, and Matthew wrote Matthew, I don't understand what you mean, please explain.

No they didn't. The authors are unknown. The first of the four were written some 40 years after the supposed death of Jesus at best. The last of the four were written about a 100 years after leaving no chance of the gospel being written by the person it was ascribed to.

It's likely the authors of each later gospel was aware of at least the first written. As we see the story become more embellished with each rewrite.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Someone asked if God ever handed anything else written to Moses, aside the commandments.

Which is not what I was responding to.

but he was not given written things.

"Give written things" =/= "revealed". I was responding to the claim that God revealed things directly into the minds of His worshippers, which you then responded to. Thus, I expected your response to be relevant to that discussion. So yeah, pay attention.
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

Do you expect each of the four evangelists to say it word for word? They all were the same story, just worded different, and some contained extra things. Also, the bible contains many, many, times Christ used his supernatural powers.

I think he was referring to the Gnostic gospels, such as the Gospel of Judas (already mentioned) or the Gospel of Thomas.
playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

is this discussion is getting anywhere? ...

in my opinion, i feel that this question "Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?" is the religious parallel of the question "why would anyone be gay?"

i am also convince that this discussion is developing into an argument. but the catch with this argument is that none of us will ever be right, simply because there is no right or wrong.

besides, the thread only asked why, not a detailed history of the bible..

so everyone, CHILLAX!

i think someone would want to worship satan due to philosophical or ideological reasons. i have to agree that the ideals of satanism is very different(but not WRONG) from the majority of faiths. "

Particularly after the European Enlightenment, some works, such as Paradise Lost, were taken up by Romantics and described as presenting the biblical Satan as an allegory representing a crisis of faith, individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment.
"
info from here . being open minded, i would understand why someone would want to express him/herself through this religion, while most religions focus on piety, inner peace, compassion, altruism, and even/or fear of the lord. Satanism focuses on individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment, something that is really prominent in this progressively secular world of ours

after reading up, i do feel a little enlightened that satanist(if there still are) aren't bloodthirsty murderers XP
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

ooooo. my topic is still being discussed even 5 monthes after ive been gone. amusing.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Should I take it upon myself to punish my father for mowing the lawn or deciding to cook dinner on Sundays? What about my neighbors across the street who wish to paint their walls? These are the 10 commandments, after all, and Jesus did state that the fundamental laws of The Father still apply since the beginning.
Only people who wanna go to heaven have to follow them. If you do and work, aside from necessary, then it's a sin. If I decide to mow my lawn on a Sunday, it's a sin. Cooking dinner doesn't count because it's a necessity.

Remember our talk earlier, okay?
Yeah, i get it, but I'm trying to tell the unintelligent atheists to stop making the rest of them look unintelligent.

No they didn't. The authors are unknown. The first of the four were written some 40 years after the supposed death of Jesus at best. The last of the four were written about a 100 years after leaving no chance of the gospel being written by the person it was ascribed to.

HAHAHA dude, of course they were written by them. You atheists you. Don't try to act like you know more about my religion than I do.

More on the Gospel of Judas
I had no idea about this. It's not in the bible or the books that didn't make it in. But still, it's not written by Judas.

"Give written things" =/= "revealed". I was responding to the claim that God revealed things directly into the minds of His worshippers, which you then responded to. Thus, I expected your response to be relevant to that discussion. So yeah, pay attention.

Well, if you look at what i italicized, maybe you'd understand me. btw, worshipers has one p

after reading up, i do feel a little enlightened that satanist(if there still are) aren't bloodthirsty murderers XP
Who said they were?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well, if you look at what i italicized, maybe you'd understand me. btw, worshipers has one p

There's a quote button. Use it. You obviously know how to use the italic button, and the quote button is the exact same to use.

So use it when quoting, and not the italic button.

Only people who wanna go to heaven have to follow them.

Why would anyone not, when the only alternative is eternal torture or boredom?

If I decide to mow my lawn on a Sunday, it's a sin.

Right. Well. Uh. I can't think of how to say this without insults, so I'm not going to go any further than this is absolutely ridiculous.

of course they were written by them.

Except they weren't.

Don't try to act like you know more about my religion than I do.

Funny thing about religion...it's not the same as the truth. What you believe is not right just because you believe it.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

HAHAHA dude, of course they were written by them. You atheists you. Don't try to act like you know more about my religion than I do.

hmm studies and survey's show other results.

"Atheists and agnostics 'more knowledgeable about religion than the religious"
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

More on the Gospel of Judas
I had no idea about this.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You know my mother was Catholic, my father was raised Catholic but didn't stay in that religion and my grandmother who I still have to consistently interact with is very Catholic. So if you want me to have first hand knowledge of that religion, I can bring it.

As for the Gospels not being written by the apostles, this isn't even something you have to go outside Christianity to get. This is what Christian Biblical scholars are saying.

"This means, however, that we can no longer accept the traditional view of Matthew's authorship. At least two things forbid us to do so. First, the tradition maintains that Matthew authored an Aramaic writing, while the standpoint I have adopted does not allow us to regard our Greek text as a translation of an Aramaic original. Second, it is extremely doubtful that an eyewitness like the apostle Matthew would have made such extensive use of material as a comparison of the two Gospels indicates. Mark, after all, did not even belong to the circle of the apostles. Indeed Matthew's Gospel surpasses those of the other synoptic writers neither in vividness of presentation nor in detail, as we would expect in an eyewitness report, yet neither Mark nor Luke had been among those who had followed Jesus from the beginning of His public ministry." - Herman N. Ridderbos (Ordained minister in the Reformed Church of the Netherlands, Professor of New Testament Studies)

And start using the **** quote button already!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Cooking dinner doesn't count because it's a necessity.

It is nothing but arbitrary to say so. Why would you need to eat on Sunday?

But still, it's not written by Judas.

... your point being?

@infinight888: +1 for noticing that.
Showing 166-180 of 362