ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192703
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So there is really no reason to make an exception for cooking on Sunday.

Interestingly enough there are a number of appliances with a Sabbath mode to prevent doing things such as cooking on the Sabbath.

Another interesting note is that the Sabbath isn't observed on Sunday by all religions. Some have a Saturday Sabbath. Which does make some sense considering Sunday is the first day of the week and God's day of being lazy was supposedly the last day of the week.
Karasaar
Karasaar
163 posts
Constable

Another interesting note is that the Sabbath isn't observed on Sunday by all religions. Some have a Saturday Sabbath. Which does make some sense considering Sunday is the first day of the week and God's day of being lazy was supposedly the last day of the week.

Not everyone considers Sunday to be the first day of the week. Infact, in Germany, where I live, it's considered the last day of the week. I guess the same applies to Christians.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Not everyone considers Sunday to be the first day of the week. Infact, in Germany, where I live, it's considered the last day of the week.

no it isn't
http://www.la-solutions.co.uk/content/MDL/images/imgGermanCalendar.jpg
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

no it isn't

Yes it is. In all of Europe, Monday is the first day of the week.

Side note: you just posted a random calendar. What tells me it's German (country, not language), or official? A link would be nice.

Interestingly enough there are a number of appliances with a Sabbath mode to prevent doing things such as cooking on the Sabbath.

Just goes to show how "devoted" they are :P
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

International standard has Saturday as the sixth and and Sunday as the last. However since we are talking about the Sabbath this should be noted.

"The three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) regard Saturday as the seventh day of the week. As a result, many refused the ISO 8601 standards and continue to use Saturday as their seventh day."

"For Jews, Messianics and Seventh-day Adventists, the seventh day of the week, known as Shabbat (or Sabbath for SDA), stretches from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday and is the day of rest. Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches distinguish between Saturday (Sabbath) and the Lord's Day (Sunday). While other Protestant groups, such as SDA, hold that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath and not Sunday. From Scriptures, Jesus rested in the grave on the Sabbath day, which is the day after the day of preparation. In this way, Jesus rested as God did in the beginning during the creation. Quakers traditionally refer to Saturday as "Seventh Day", eschewing the &quotagan" origin of the name. In Islamic countries, Fridays are considered as the last day of the week and are holidays along with Thursdays; Saturday is called Sabt (cognate to Sabbath) and it is the first day of the week in many Arabic countries."

-wiki

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

we use the hebrew calendar right?

from wiki: (i hope this is going to work. there are special chars in the text. sorry if it's ****ed up.(i hope it's readable))

The Hebrew calendar follows a seven-day weekly cycle, which runs concurrently but independently of the monthly and annual cycles. The names for the days of the week are simply the day number within the week. In Hebrew, these names may be abbreviated using the numerical value of the Hebrew letters, for example ××× ×׳ (Day 1, or Yom Rishon (××× ×¨×ש××)):

1. Yom Rishon - ××× ×¨×ש×× (abbreviated ××× ××&sup3, meaning "first day" [corresponds to Sunday] (starting at preceding sunset of Saturday)
2. Yom Sheni - ××× ×©× × (abbr. ××× ×'×&sup3 meaning "second day" [corresponds to Monday]
3. Yom Shlishi - ××× ×©×××©× (abbr. ××× ×'×&sup3 meaning "third day" [corresponds to Tuesday]
4. Yom ReviÊ»i - ××× ×¨×'××¢× (abbr. ××× ×"×&sup3 meaning "fourth day" [corresponds to Wednesday]
5. Yom Chamishi - ××× ×-×××©× (abbr. ××× ×"×&sup3 = "fifth day" [corresponds to Thursday]
6. Yom Shishi - ××× ×©×©× (abbr. ××× ××&sup3 meaning "sixth day" [corresponds to Friday]
7. Yom Shabbat - ××× ×©×'ת (abbr. ××× ×©×&sup3, or more usually Shabbat - ש×'ת = "Sabbath-rest day" [corresponds to Saturday].

however.
this is for the religions after a bit of digging i state to be corrected and that in 1947 the "International Organization for Standardization" consisting of 163 nations. (so, roughly the entire world) sunday was made the last day of the week.
so officially, sunday is the last day.
in hebrew and christianity it traditionally is the 1st day.
and in the muslim tradition it is the 2nd day of the week. and friday the last.

wiki's 1 2 3

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Good, that is settled. Now. I'd like to come back to the point mbbs112 pokes on.

As I expanded on above, what does it mean for your morals if you feel betrayed by the entity which you believe gave you those morals. Feeling betrayed does not imply losing faith, so we stay within theistic boundaries. Does it mean you are doomed to become evil? Or can you perpetuate your adherence to the same morals?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Good, that is settled.

still funny that sunday is their resting day now instead of saturday that it has been for 1950 years. =P
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Funny how you go with what the church says, up until you stop liking what the church says. What was it about the recent popes not being 'real' popes, because they said things you don't agree with?

Well, aside from being heretics, hippocrits, and committing blasphemy, I don't agree with them.

Bible verse please. I don't recall 'servile' being specified.

not specified in bible, but it was in a council
http://ourladyofsorrows.us/QotF/servile%20work%20on%20Sundays.htm
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

the church tells you to respect other people. and yet....

How the hell am i not respecting you?! Do you guys come on here to gossip or sing together? I'm like the only one giving the arguments.

showing off your ignorance here?
knowing it. seeing all of us using it. we ask you a hundred times to use it. and still not using it. why? you wanna be special or what?

Maybe I just like the look of italicized more, huh? lol

WTF, you do that on a sunday?

Yes

it's a resting day you mor..

what's a mor?

everytime i think ive seen your edge, it seems you can step over it.
doing those things in a real christian community will get you kicked out of said community. if not then that whole community are a bunch of hypocrites.
and you said you had knowledge of you own believe? you even got your own believe wrong.... OMG.

Lol...atheists... don't you DARE try to teach me about my own religion. The church clearly states servile labor as things done NOT for recreation, which those are.

I'm not a ki...I mean a Jew, so the Sabbath is on Sunday, which the church CLEARLY stated.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Alright, let's avoid typing parts of words such as "mor..." and what not. Nobody is fooled when they hear "What the *beep*" on T.V., nobody will be fooled here either.

Lol...atheists... don't you DARE try to teach me about my own religion. The church clearly states servile labor as things done NOT for recreation, which those are.

Actually, I think Knight might have somewhat of a point.

Question, does the Christian religion vary church to church? Does the religion vary person to person? How much variation is allowed within the Catholic faith?

What specific beliefs are allowed to vary? Is it okay for some Catholic churches to allow their members to eat meat on Friday? Is it okay for some Catholic churches to ban almost all labor on Sunday, such as cooking and driving? Is it okay for some Catholic churches to preach that evolution and God go hand in hand?

Or is there only one correct way in which one can properly be a Christian? A way in which there are strict rules that can not be negotiated?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

does the Christian religion vary church to church? Does the religion vary person to person?

Yep, that's why I rarely nitpick over individual beliefs and preferences unless they're not supported by (or in contradiction to) the religion's source material. When someone says the words of a committee/council/group/individual outweigh the supposed words of their God and they repress/ignore/lack the cognitive dissonance that one would expect with such a statement, there's no real point in arguing any further.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm not a ki...I mean a Jew, so the Sabbath is on Sunday, which the church CLEARLY stated.

And yet, Sabbath isn't on Sunday for Jews. It might be for you, but if you're not going to accept the fact that the day they observe it is divergent for when your faith observes it, the you cannot reasonably expect then to accept you as well.

Something which you clearly need to learn in the course of your life.

Then don't try to teach us why you think evolution is wrong, because that's our realm of knowledge to handle. Recognise and comprehend the hypocrisy displayed on your part here?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Question, does the Christian religion vary church to church?

Yes. My church tries to bring science into the gospel. It's actually pretty interesting, and it isn't that nonsensical "accept what we tell you because scientists are morons" garbage. This week (mass is held Saturday night) we discussed why gay marriage is natural and nonthreatening. Twas awesome.

Is it okay for some Catholic churches to preach that evolution and God go hand in hand?

Well, my church apparently thinks it's okay. The minister has a Master's in Religious Studies and Biology, so FTW!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I hate to be like that, but I must insist on my question form the previous page, which I'd like at least someone simulating some kind of reflection before KD polarises again all the discussion into the off-topic with his... points.

Showing 211-225 of 362