Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 1:21am

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

(i'm just guessing here, so dont get all angry on me if i got you wrong)
gothics and some other alternative sub-cultures. do just like the idea, those groups use satanism to "slap christianity"
but a real satanist does not belong to those groups (well they can but no by definition) a real satanist actually believes what the religion tells.

I'll just quote Wikipedia here to show what I'm talking about:

LaVeyan Satanism is a philosophy (not considered a religion by many of its followers) founded in 1966 by Anton Szandor LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality. Unlike theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are atheists who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature. According to religioustolerance.org, LaVeyan Satanism is a "small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies". Its beliefs were first detailed in The Satanic Bible and it is overseen by the Church of Satan.

So there. Neither the Church of Satan nor the Satanic Bible were made by peope who actually believe in Satan.

There are of course theistic satanists as well.

Also, I would have responded sooner, but I got lost in the comments for that link you gave.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 4:53am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

I'll just quote Wikipedia here to show what I'm talking about:

are you taking that from this wiki?
or this wiki

1 satanism isn't the other.
the satanism your on about is like the mormonism of christianity i guess.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 12:38am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

are you taking that from this wiki?
or this wiki

The 1st one, under the category Atheistic Satanism.

the satanism your on about is like the mormonism of christianity i guess.

It's more like Christians who think Christ was a good teacher and moral example, but not a magic man, nor a spiritual savior.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:25am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

The 1st one, under the category Atheistic Satanism.

oh, lol they copied that. xD

but doesn't "atheistic satanism" say enough? =P

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:35am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

but doesn't "atheistic satanism" say enough? =P

Not believing in a deity whilst being completely ready to follow Satan's ideals: Get as far in life as you can and strive

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:11am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

i'm not following you there.

what i mend was. that "atheistic satanism" kinda already say's that they don't actually believe in in satan.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:07pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

maybe because of the same reason someone (in the right mind) would worship a christian god? you can turn the question of this thread around in any way you like. why would someone (in the right mind) decide to marry/divorce/work/train/study/be lazy?

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 1:13pm

09philj

09philj

1,874 posts

There is a reason to worship the christian god: fear. If you disobey him you burn in hell. Basically, he's an insane dictator. Or, more likely, an invention of rulers trying to keep their subjects in line. (The metaphysical version of "I'll get my big brother to beat you up&quot

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 6:13pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Anyways, to sum the thread up in a single sentence...

There's an absurd amount of extremely valid reasons why people might worship Satan as opposed to God.

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 6:45pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

who would you like to worship more, a god who punishs you for an eternity just because you never believed in him/her/it or if your believe in god crumbles, or satan, who does not care if you belife in him/her/it?

yeah, i am still not sure what gender god is (if gods can have a gender). maybe god is genderless...

also, if i remember it right then satan used to be an angel who rebelled against god because god was not so kind as some christians want to believe it. or was that lucifer? wait, are not lucifer and satan the same? i have to read the bible again...

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!