Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The World War III Theory

Posted Jul 20, '13 at 10:16pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

I'm pretty sure they've blanket-threatened everything other than their allies at some point.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 1:56am

SectoidMedic

SectoidMedic

192 posts

Some people I've met treat NK like a small man with a big mouth, while not as strong as the USA militarily, they aren't weak either.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 2:16pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

they aren't weak either.

Compared to a lot of other nations, they are. Most of their weapons are from the Cold War with some from WWII. Nationally, a lot of their technology is really outdated and they lack the cash to modernize. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/KoreaAtNight20121205_NASA.png

An image of the Korean Peninsula at night rendered from NASA observations. The disparity in illumination levels is an indication of the differences between the North and South in population and technology.
The amount of light is a direct indicator of economic activity.

-Wiki

SK has tons of modern weaponry with over 100x NK's economic strength. Although NK has about twice as many planes in their air force, 3x as many readily available troops (but about half the total population of SK and equal amounts of people available for service), 5x as many vessels in their navy, and a few thousand more artillery installations, if they went to war today (especially if NK attempts a full invasion, spreading their resources thin) and neither side got further assistance, it would still be like muskets vs miniguns. Sure, they'd make a really big push because there's a lot of them, but they're simply outmatched. And I really doubt they'd use a nuke on land they want or plan to invade. Maybe in desperation at the end as a last stand, but it would be foolish to do it any sooner. At most, it would be a replay of the first war but with a lot more blood.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 4:52pm

danielo

danielo

1,770 posts

So it wont be SK vs NK... how fun...

What about South america? Any chance for a war in that region?

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 6:17pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

So it wont be SK vs NK... how fun...

Well, it could be. Depends how much boasting the advisors do. And how much support China gives.

What about South america? Any chance for a war in that region?

Doubt it. Nothing that would lead to a global war anyway. Maybe some interventions against drug cartels or politically unfavorable leaders, but not a 'war'. Their battles tend to be economic.

So, the Middle East still seems to be the most likely for the next conflict unless something big happens elsewhere.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 6:48pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

So, the Middle East still seems to be the most likely for the next conflict unless something big happens elsewhere.

*Sharpens his knife
Although I doubt a global war may erupt, these fellows are still fighting themselves.
The only Scenario I can think of is:-
Radicals come in power in Saudi Arabia or UAE
Cut all ties with west.
Nato Replies with troops or helping other factions.
**** blows.
Espacially if it is saudi arabia as not many muslims like westren armies here.
Govrn. may not intervene butcommoners will and will cut down any man stoping them from that.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 9:09pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Although I doubt a global war may erupt

Me too. Most of the 'important' nations with the big guns are at least trying to be friendly with each other, so unless something huge happens and one of the powers helps a side too much and actually goes to war instead of a coalition effort, it'll just be more "peacekeeping" stuff.

Syria is still a mess, Egypt is screwed or saved depending who you ask, and Pakistan has a new president. Lots of things can happen.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 12:43pm

danielo

danielo

1,770 posts

1) Pakistan is currnetly not a player in the middleeast

2) I know its still sound far, and i may be over optimistic, but i do belive that these talks which are going on between Israel and the Pata"h (aka the Palestinian government) gonna end this mess. As the Arabic league said it will cease all hostility to Israel if we will make peace with us, im all hope that the next war, we will have some new allies (against who? Who know...).

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 8:41pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

Pakistan is currnetly not a player in the middleeast

Maybe not on Govn level but we have enough militants too turn the tide of a small war or of a theatre in a larger one.
Also US does consider Pakistan part of ME most of the times (Idiots).
Also it is not the pres who holds power rather it PM and military holds even truer power in pakistan.

Posted Aug 3, '13 at 6:50pm

danielo

danielo

1,770 posts

I know that Punosher, but you can also say canada as a big enough army to do so. What i meant is that Pakistan, with all the respect, are not .. well... You dont realy play a major rule in the events. You dont stop wars or violence (like eygept or turkey), you dont do world widw military oprations (Israel, The terror organization), You dont invest money (like saudi-arabia or Qatar). You do have nuke, but you mostly aim it to India.

Correct me if im wrong afcours. And i dont think you (Pakistan) are weak or anything. You just dont get realy involve in the middleeast area (and i dont speak about USA "middleast, which contain anywher with arabir or any people who look muslim. By them Morroco is middle east too).

But ill do like to hear, how India-Pakitan relations are going on now? There was a heat wave at the Mombey attack, how things are now?

Reply to The World War III Theory

You must be logged in to post a reply!