ForumsForum GamesGround Zero II KICKSTARTER Thread

44 12459
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Please read this carefully if you want to participate:

Hey everyone, you might know me as the host for Ground Zero. If not then let me explain a little. I have been running Ground Zero for a while; itâs a popular RPG/Tournament here. Currently I have only 6 players but it originally started with 10. Most of the people either left, died or they were disqualified.

Now, I am making this thread so I can start building onto Ground Zero II. Currently it has no sub-name but I am planning on giving it one. I need everyoneâs opinions and suggestions on what I should do or what you would like to see in the next GZ.

See, throughout the hosting of Ground Zero I ran through several problems of consistency and keeping track of hunger, thirst, hp, items, etc. So towards the end of GZ I started to fix things a bit. I removed hunger and thirst. I fixed the weapons up a bit to make it a bit less cluttered. Currently Iâm trying to think of what I can add or take off of the character sheet, Iâll be putting that later in this post.

---------------------------------

What Iâll include into what you guys can put your ideas into:
~Locations
~Monsters/Enemies
~Weapons
~Gear
~Stats
~Abilities
~And more

I want all the suggestions I can get⦠Obviously I wonât be adding every single one and I canât because obviously not every idea is full proof but I know that the community here is pretty awesome and that everyone does have great ideas.

Okay this is the last thing Iâm going to talk about; please do not try and tell me how to make the game. Please do not suggest anything stupid or not relative to the RPG itself and anything that is exaggerated I will ignore completely.

--------------------------------------

Character Sheet:

Name:
-----
Abilities:
~
~
~
-----
Items:
~
~
~
Weapons:
~
~
~
Gear:
~
~
~

If you think I should shorten this up a bit feel free to tell me. If you want to add anything to it then suggest it to me.

--------------------------------------

Possible locations where the tournament will be held and where the sign ups will be held:

Tournament: Russia, In the Pacific Ocean, Unknown, Australia, Brazil, Hawaii, Alaska.
Sign-ups: Moscow, Hawaii, Sydney, Rome, Tokyo.

Currently that's all I can think of, I'll be adding things along the way here. Any players who participated in GZI please help here, it's practically mandatory that you do so xD. Thanks.

-Idea for making this was from MattEmAngel, he personally told me I should make one and considering he plays in Ground Zero I decided to listen to him-

• 44 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Oh I forgot to mention. The setting is near future.. Around 2025-2040. There are no magical powers of any sort. There are enhanced stuff such as for the gear which can make them a little more agile or stronger, etc.

Weapons will probably be mostly ''lasma'' based and maybe something else if you guys can think of anything.

I also tend to use a lot of ''element'' based weapons in my RPG's... So stuff like fire, earth, water, air, void, etc. is accepted as long as it's not too exaggerated and unrealistic.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

1. It doesn't need a subtitle. You have to be careful because subtitles can easily make a game sound cheesy. If you have one in mind, post it.

Yup, I'll be posting all my ideas here.. Everything. Unless it gives away something.

2. The Stat Sheet. Ah, the stat sheet. So far I like it. I suggest only a few changes. The first is to (obviously) remove the extra ~ in each category, but you're going to do that anyway. Second, "Abilities" is slightly cliche. So far I haven't seen an RPG that used "Perks" instead. Yeah, it's in a ton of video games, but this isn't a video game.

Alright so another name for abilities.. Although I agree with you I don't think they should be called perks either, let's figure out a name for them.

3. Make sure the Abilities have a specific category. They should be either enhanements of your body or straight-up superpowers. I'm going with "Call of Duty" as it provides over a dozen abilities that improve your person but are not god-modded.

Oh yeah I know that, I'll see what I can do with this.

4. For a more practical look, move "Items" to the bottom of the sheet. As a general rule, the most important elements are higher up. On an RPG, this means name and class, followed by weapons and armor, with Inventory/Items at the bottom. You could also change the name to "Backpack" or "Pack."

Right, I'll change the name to backpack, or if someone has something more creative than that. I'll move it to the bottom as well separating it from everything else.

5. Tournament locations. Looks good. Very diverse. However, they'd have to be someplace new, and almost all of Hawaii is inhabited. Australia would be good for a desert-based arena, but several RPGs have tried this and they aren't much fun (too much sand and heat).

Nope no deserts.. Plus probably most of the RPG will be inside structures and stuff, but either way if you intend to run outside like a deer I need a some type of environment and a place that can fit with it.

6. Plasma weapons are fine as long as you make a standard for them. I suggest creating an MS Word document for elements of your game to kep track. As of now, I have seven different MS Word documents for my RPG. You're not going to need that many, I hope!

Already has the word doc.. actually had it a long time ago xD

7. Be careful with "elemental" weapons, but, since you're already pointed out that they can't be exaggerated or unrealistic, you already know this.

Yeah something along the lines of your characters katanas.. That's what I mean n.n

That's all I have for now. No seriousl criticism. The Stat Sheet looks good so far. I suggest hidden stashes of supplies and weapons, and I suggest no puzzles or riddles, since this is an action-advanture PvP combat game.

Ok with the puzzle stuff.. I won't be adding any puzzles per say, but there are some stuff with making decisions that will kind of be like a puzzle but at the same time won't. Don't know if I made sense there xD. But yeah I won't be putting any of that in there.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Alright..to start..please no Oceans >_> I don't want to swim the entire time

----

For plasma weapons..maybe have them as a rare weapon? From the experience of GZ1..they seem to be extremely powerful (eating away at things..shown by Tarren and the bull)

----

I like the idea of the unknown area..like how it is with GZ1. The only issue with GZ1 is it just seems too unorganized.
-Started out in maze
-Went to large center area-esque location
-wilderness
etc

Having that set-up could actually work and be a very nice set-up..but maybe have the maze as like a preliminary thing that'll eliminate a couple of the "weaker" contestants

----

Any thoughts on NPC contestants?

----

I was also thinking..with battles in this game...I could help with being like a strategic consultant (and yes..I understand this would mean I couldn't compete).

But like..say 2 people were fighting. After they make their moves..I could tell you in what ways their moves could help or hurt them...or who would receive the advantage...a certain move increasing the likelihood of their success..etc

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Tournament: Russia, In the Pacific Ocean, Unknown, Australia, Brazil, Hawaii, Alaska.

why not in space, on the moon, on mars or inside a black hole?

Sign-ups: Moscow, Hawaii, Sydney, Rome, Tokyo.

why not adding aliens when it plays in the future?

plasma weapons? plasma/laser sword/axe/whip/shield! the possibilities!

elemental weapons/gear...fire glove (can shoot/throw fire balls), lightning glove (can shoot lightning), quake hammer (can cause earthquakes), laser googles (let you shoot laser beams), ice glove (shoots sharp ice shards, can create an ice blade), shadow cloak (turns you invisible), gravity belt (lets you float and double/triple jump), uni-googles (night-vision, heat-vision and x-ray), tornado glove (creates tornados)...i give you more when i have more.

for the enemies...cyber-animals, robots, robot animals, gene-manipulated plants, gene-manipulated animals, people in battle-suits...

also: battle suits, jetpacks, flamethrowers, dart shooters (maybe with poison), tranquilizer guns, something to breath underwater, shock grenades, mines...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Alright..to start..please no Oceans >_> I don't want to swim the entire time

LASER SHARKS.

Alright..scratch what I said..I wanna be a mother-effin Laser Shark
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually I think oceans would be great, as long as we have boats or rafts.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Having that set-up could actually work and be a very nice set-up..but maybe have the maze as like a preliminary thing that'll eliminate a couple of the "weaker" contestants

I don't know if I'll be adding the maze this time... Plus I don't want to eliminate people right off the bat, that would just drive them away from the RPG itself.

I want them to be entertained for a while until I can finally start killing people off. Idk if you understand where I'm going with this.

Any thoughts on NPC contestants?

Actually I've never thought of it but the thought of it kind of annoys my brain since I think I would have to also ''take care'' of the NPC's as well. Now If I could somehow be sufficiently organized with this I might implement it.

But like..say 2 people were fighting. After they make their moves..I could tell you in what ways their moves could help or hurt them...or who would receive the advantage...a certain move increasing the likelihood of their success..etc

Eh... I think I know what you're getting at here but I want you to participate so I'll have to decline that offer :P.

why not in space, on the moon, on mars or inside a black hole?

it could be on the moon or mars but definitely not the other 2.

For plasma weapons..maybe have them as a rare weapon?

Hmm.. Now I know they may sound powerful but here's the thing... I'm going to be using plasma but... I will be trying to figure out a way for them not to be so overpowered obviously. Something like tiers, or stronger armor, etc.

why not adding aliens when it plays in the future?

Well if you noticed in GZI there are several robotic creatures but I don't want it to jump from 2040 to the year 4356... Lol.

Also all of your enemy, weapons, etc are pretty epic, I'll check all of them out later and list the ones I think would work in the RPG.

----------------------------

SO ABOUT OCEANS

It doesn't seem like the best idea but we could always have one structure that's out on sea and it could be some type of arena thing. Idk. :P

So yeah no oceans per say but.. yeah. I mean the arena could be filled with robotic sharks and stuff... Remember that in GZI there were a lot of cyborgs.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I want them to be entertained for a while until I can finally start killing people off. Idk if you understand where I'm going with this.

Yeah but..they shouldn't have gotten themselves killed! D= blood and carnage! Blood and carnage!

Eh... I think I know what you're getting at here but I want you to participate so I'll have to decline that offer :P.

Curses! Fine then..GZ III!

also ''take care'' of the NPC's as well. Now If I could somehow be sufficiently organized with this I might implement it.

**** straight...GZ III...me as strategic consultant and the NPC's..I'm in. Boom. Write it down!

I mean the arena could be filled with robotic sharks and stuff...

Will these sharks..be able to walk around?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

**** straight...GZ III...me as strategic consultant and the NPC's..I'm in. Boom. Write it down!

Okay then If I do a GZIII.. Lol.

Will these sharks..be able to walk around?

The real question is.. Do you want them to walk around?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Okay then If I do a GZIII.. Lol.

..What do you mean by if? This will be a thing

The real question is.. Do you want them to walk around?

The real question actually is..why wouldn't I? Think about it..walking sharks!
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually Sour, what you could do is just have like a Great Lake, as a part of the arena, and then put an island in the middle. Not too big not too small just right.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Eh, I'll think about it.. For now let's focus on the more important stuff.

What about the weapons, abilities, items, gear, etc.?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Okay so I was thinking about the sheet.

Name:
Built: *Basically like athletic abilities in GZI, you will probably be able to choose from 2-4 max like strength and endurance or whatever.*
-----
HP: *Your HP will actually be starting at 100 and it'll increase depending on certain things which I won't spoil xD*
Armor: *Armor will consist of a variety of sorts. A lightweight stealthy armor for instance, obviously with different names than something like that lol*
-----
Abilities: *Yeah I'm not so sure yet what I'm going to do here, maybe something along the lines of abilities like dodging, jumping, quick sprint, etc.*
Weapons: *Plasma weapons will actually be a common weapon, not rare. There will be other weapons that will be way stronger than plasma and the plasma weapons won't be too strong*
Gear: *Stuff such as Enhanced Boots which you will be able to use to be a bit faster so running away or attacking people quickly head on will be a bit more easy.*

I'm also thinking about putting out weapons, armor and items at the beginning of the game, this way you guys can pick what you think you are more comfortable with. Let's say you want to be a lightweight assassin of some sort... Then you would try and get light things like daggers or small swords along with lightweight armor.

Now obviously I was thinking of classes but this would ruin the fun in choosing the stuff that you want. If you want a a crossbow and heavy armor, then be my guest.

Idk, what do you guys think about it? Also what else do you think I can add to this without making it too much to handle.

Also what do you guys think about the current stuff. Need some tweaks and changes or...???

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

blk..keep in mind his game is based on the Hunger Games and plays pretty similar to that. With that in mind..things like Time Era are not quite a necessity..as the weapons placed in the arena are dependent on the "game master" and not the weapon norm of the era

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh. I don't know If I'll play this then. I hate the Hunger Games.

It isn't the same as Hunger Games..just has some similar traits
Showing 1-15 of 44