Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Steubenville

Posted Mar 31, '13 at 8:04pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Well hug on to them rights as tight as you can just like the right to bear arms.
Choose the liberty over Safety if you want to.

you know how much i hate guns, right?

but this is a complete different story. you can remove expression from a person.
where the usa go's way extreme whit their gun rights. that far, if not even further into the extreme do you go whit the opposite, prevention.
taking it to the extreme is never good.

=========
on a side note.
do you believe, that the way that your country you live in now act whit rape victims, is the right way?

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 2:07am

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

I don't sy its victim's fault but if she dresses inappropiatley that is an open invitation to sick ppl(at least in their heads)
So women should dress properly.

Can you show one case in which a woman choosing to wear more clothing saved her from being raped?

The argument that why women should be afraid or hide as they are equal is just some feminist BS.

What does feminism have to do with this?

Take this as your car, if some one steals it blames on them but yo lock you car nevertheless.

A better comparison would be carjacking, not theft.

(never an invitation) Not in the rapists head.

How would you know?

If I know that a certain part of town has a sizeable proportion of Neo Nazis, who will beat me to death on sight, I will avoid it, same as I will avoid passing through a dark alley at night or walk feeble infront of a group of hoodlums, these are al pecautions to prevent some thing bad from happening to me, just like wearing modest clothes and carrying mace etc can be precautions against rape.
Use of common sense and some caution can save one from many perils.
And no its not victim's fault she got ravaged although she should have taken precautions.

The majority of rape is not random and is not performed by strangers.

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 8:27am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

All I say is that prevention is better than cure.

I'm sorry punisher, but your argument is basically the same as blaming a homeowner for having a rock thrown into his window because he decided he wanted windows with his house. that makes no sense whatsoever.

if you wanted prevention, look at the culprits, not the victims, for preventative measures. if anything, the best course of action in this case would be to legalize prostitution (which I'm sure would be a lot more troublesome in the long run). you could also look at better education in the matter. sure it won't have an immediate yield, but overtime it will provide way better results that dressing like a repressed nun.

-Blade

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 11:01am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

I'm sorry punisher, but your argument is basically the same as blaming a homeowner for having a rock thrown into his window because he decided he wanted windows with his house. that makes no sense whatsoever.

if you wanted prevention, look at the culprits, not the victims, for preventative measures. if anything, the best course of action in this case would be to legalize prostitution (which I'm sure would be a lot more troublesome in the long run). you could also look at better education in the matter. sure it won't have an immediate yield, but overtime it will provide way better results that dressing like a repressed nun.

-Blade

No, my argument is that prevention is better than cure.
Eliminate the opportunity and temptation .

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 11:05am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

on a side note.
do you believe, that the way that your country you live in now act whit rape victims, is the right way?

And how If I may ask do they deal with victims in your opinion?
#

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 12:21pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Maybe not in pakistan (well, atleast the urban sides) but in many places in your area wonens get stoned, get ex-communicated for "destroying a man mind into a sin".

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 2:13pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Eliminate the opportunity and temptation .

Then this would mean you would want to eliminate women from society :\\ because how women dress has nothing to do with rape. You really need to start understanding that.

Posted Apr 1, '13 at 3:34pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

At least it is the wrong way to think. It may be possible that the way women dress could tempt some men, but even if it is so, it is the woman's choice to risk it or not. Telling women how to dress means you punish them for the crimes of others, and justify said crimes.
In a just society, a woman is supposed to be able to dress how she likes without fearing rape. This is what we should aim for, not a society where women have to bear the consequences of some men's disorders.

Posted Apr 2, '13 at 12:09am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

I don't sy its victim's fault but if she dresses inappropiatley that is an open invitation to sick ppl(at least in their heads)
So women should dress properly.

It doesn't mean a **** thing. Overall this is just saying a woman shouldn't be allowed to wear what they want.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgu401pdX1qc0hba.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpw3xwZq4V1qbdn1zo1_500.jpg

Take this as your car, if some one steals it blames on them but yo lock you car nevertheless.

Yes let's take it as our car. Having a fancy car is just an open invitation for some car jackers. So you shouldn't own a fancy car.

I hope you see how ridiculous that sounds.

Posted Apr 2, '13 at 12:42am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

It is PATHETIC that some of you people are primitive enough to even suggest that a women is even partly to blame for being r@ped. You should be ashamed. I don't even know how to deal with that.

Reply to Steubenville

You must be logged in to post a reply!