Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

bring back the old armour points

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 5:59pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Getting the high ranks took far longer than it takes to get all the quests, currently.

The key word is currently. I actually believe that Quests were prematurely released because we didn't have to many to start off with, and, yes, it was easy to get them all. It still is, despite the fact that there are 70 or 80 more Quests that have been released. In a few months, if the Quests continue to be released at a pace that they are being released now, people will eventually succumb to the massive amount of them and it'll be difficult to get most, if not all.

You had to be careful with how you gathered AP because if you rated an x amount of games or posted x amount of times in a certain time period, that could be marked as spam and it'd get deleted and the user banned.

Agreed.

I wasn't arguing the value of it, I was pointing out that it's silly to brag about.

Agreed, but bragging about AP wasn't justified. Bragging about Quests is. That being said, Quests have more subsistence in terms of bragging validity.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 9:30pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,259 posts

Knight

Umm, no. Thanks to the destruction of AP spamming is useless now and a lot of stupid things can come to an end. I myself am happy its gone. Quests seem interesting.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 10:46pm

yuri26anime

yuri26anime

14 posts

i agree the quest seems interesting =D

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 11:18pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Thanks to the destruction of AP spamming is useless now and a lot of stupid things can come to an end.

It has always been useless. It will always be present.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 12:29pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Umm, no. Thanks to the destruction of AP spamming is useless now and a lot of stupid things can come to an end. I myself am happy its gone. Quests seem interesting.

Perhaps it's up to the mods to have the final say, but I didn't notice a significant drop in spam overall. Spam chats yes, but spam chats have always been in the minority, and let's face it, not much of a problem. It doesn't deter advertisers, chain letter posters, or trolls that spam all over the place with their lovely messages, which are the main problems. It gets rid of some minor farmers, the special breed that pop up once in a while to leave a trail of crumbs over all 2000+ games AG has.

Also, OP gets a cookie for typing it as "Armour".

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 2:00pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,371 posts

Administrator

AP will not be returning. :)

RIP AP spamming.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 4:08pm

Rhodes1013

Rhodes1013

82 posts

I agree with people who want AP back and those who do not I found them fun to have but you just had to work so hard and play the games so much to unlock stuff such as armatars and I also want them back because the chalenge was fun if you saw someone else with say an armatar you thought was better than yours so you accualy had to work at playing on the game website more thus more people will play the games and give either bad or good coment on to the games and have more of a reason for doing instead of just putting comments on games for no reason but to say the games were fun and what they rated them but then with doing this you had the problem of people who spam (which Ive honestly never seen happen but I no it has)game comment boxes and forums so even though Ferret said "AP will not be returning. :)", which i slightly disagree and agree with I just say keep them off the game website so the mods and admins dont have to deal with spammers and people like that or if they never were a really big problem then bring them back because other than spammers getting anoying I dont see the point in getting rid of AP

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 5:09pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

you just had to work so hard and play the games so much to unlock stuff such as armatars

Playing games had nothing to do with armor points or armatars. Armatars are available without requirements now.

keep them off the game website so the mods and admins dont have to deal with spammers and people like that or if they never were a really big problem then bring them back because other than spammers getting anoying I dont see the point in getting rid of AP

Ferret said multiple times that AP won't return, so suggestions for AP are useless.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 11:01am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,473 posts

I agree with people who want AP back and those who do not I found them fun to have but you just had to work so hard and play the games so much to unlock stuff such as armatars and I also want them back because the chalenge was fun if you saw someone else with say an armatar you thought was better than yours so you accualy had to work at playing on the game website more thus more people will play the games and give either bad or good coment on to the games and have more of a reason for doing instead of just putting comments on games for no reason but to say the games were fun and what they rated them but then with doing this you had the problem of people who spam (which Ive honestly never seen happen but I no it has)game comment boxes and forums so even though Ferret said "AP will not be returning. :)", which i slightly disagree and agree with I just say keep them off the game website so the mods and admins dont have to deal with spammers and people like that or if they never were a really big problem then bring them back because other than spammers getting anoying I dont see the point in getting rid of AP

1. I didnt see a single period in that sentence.
2. Its not coming back. It promotes spamming. Also, I have no idea what game you are talking about, you could have plenty of AP and not play a single game, which is why its gone

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 3:59pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,716 posts

Armatars are available without requirements now.

Only some of them. Higher AP armatars are still locked. There is also an apparent AP calculation that was not disabled, which means you could unlock "legacy" armatars.

Reply to bring back the old armour points

You must be logged in to post a reply!