Forums

ForumsForum Games

Arcana Academy

Posted Apr 2, '13 at 11:25am

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent  many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2"  with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 11:56pm

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

(Looking through the pages of Forum Games it looks as though the RP has died or becoming a near extinct thing. I know I will still post RP's against the endless tide of RPGs.)

Posted Apr 4, '13 at 12:16am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I'll join your RP, but I must warn you that I don't know much about RPs considering I've never really played in one.

Name: Dancin' Rick Daniels
Male
Bio: Even though he was born long after the disco era ended, Rick has always had an unhealthy obsession with disco culture. This is most likely attributed to his unique ability to magically make an infectious beat play out of nowhere. This useless piece of magic is so far the only power Rick has discovered in himself, but the academy may be just what Rick needs to discover his full potential.
Description: Rick is as outgoing as they come, but he's not popular in any crowd even though he thinks he's the man. He's 6 feet tall with a dyed black afro, even though his skin is naturally about as white as it gets (he has a fake tan all over his body). People see him nothing more than an anachronistic joke and nobody has ever taken him seriously.
Age: 33 (he was homeschooled by his parents through high school, which he ended up dropping out of, and he had to repeat just about every year at least once because of his severe learning disability and lack of interest).

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 1:44am

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

(Cool, well in short, A rp is a rpg but you have free will to do what you wish within reason and work with others creating a amazing story)

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 5:31pm

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

Vladimir was sitting at his desk in his office going through new enlisted sutdents that would soon arrive to his academy. He was reading the last entries on the paper "...Desmond Smythe, England...Dancin Rick Daniels?, United States." He thought he had read that wrong at first "A little old for a student, I may have to keep eyes on this one." He thought. It was the end of the weekend and the new students would be arriving for orientation.

Desmond Smythe sat in a wooden chair in his family's home with a few younger friends but mostly family. His parents tried to make him enjoy his 18th birthday but he knew the next day he would be shipped off to the harshest school in history, the one for 'gifted' people like his family. He wanted to leave the sealed town in which all people with magic are forced to live.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 6:54pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,827 posts

Okay I'll join. The thing with me and RPs, though, is I eventually fall out of them....if I don't appear for a while, you have permission to kill my character.
Ooh, I just thought of the perfect character >w< If you get the reference then hugs for you.
Anyway.

Name: Alice Kirkland
Bio: Alice has always seen the world of magic, even before it was unveiled. She'd seen a few denizens; a flying mint-colored bunny, a unicorn, what appeared to be Captain Hook. She's enjoyed rubbing the fact that the magcial world DOES exsist in Alfred's [her younger brother] face. Alice can't cook anything edible for her life, but her magical skill is very strong. She excells at summoning things. Once, she accidentally summoned her terrifying neighbor, Ivan, and his head got stuck in the floor.
Description: She's medium height, with two long blond pigtails and she always wears a green dress. She has green eyes, but her most distinguishing feature are her eyebrows, which are perfectly straight stacks of five lines each. If you mention the eyebrows, she'll murder you.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 9:32pm

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

(I don't get the reference exactly but a good character none the less. Welcome aboard!)

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 9:59pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

(This game really, REALLY reminds of Harry Potter...)
Name: Nicholas Archer
Bio: He grew up like any normal boy, (Alright, well, he didn't exactly have the finest living quarters; He had to sleep in a large cupboard until his 11th birthday...) When he hit around his 14th birthday, he began seeing the Dark and Light sides of magic; He began to see Wraiths, and Ghost, as well as Griffins and Chimeras. This was before the world of magic was revealed to all the world, so he was sent to a psychiatrist by his parents. After it dawned upon his parents, Thomas Archer, and Diana Archer, that he was a... different sort of child, unlike his sister, Mia. His 3 other brothers, Fred, John, and Tanner, were also magic. He got along with Fred and Tanner, although they tended to tease each other. He had a type of rivalry with John though. He became able to use magic, although with quite negative effects, at 17. His brothers had began to use it one year earlier, except Fred, who only could use it when he became 17 as well.
Description: Messy Jet Black hair, Slight Tan, Curved Rectangular Glasses, Quite Skinny, Many small scars, Quite Tall as well.
Country: Britain, though his family and him moved to America on his 15th Birthday.

(Don't expect my character to use British phrases, he's adapted to American talk in 3 years.)

I hope that my Bio isn't too long. By the way, my character's three brothers are in the same school.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 10:47pm

Mordex

Mordex

166 posts

(It's sort of like harry potter but it involves more dark magic and a wider range of spells. Also the head-master is a russian drill-sergeant)

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 11:02pm

S_man98

S_man98

218 posts

Character Info
Name: Tarlac Anderson
Male
Bio:Tarlac was born into a family of five other children, 3 half-sisters on  his  mother's (Katarina Anderson) side, and 2 half-sisters on his father's (Charon Dale) side. When he was 14 his father attempted to murder him with a katana. Tarlac was so consumed with fear, that something just took over him. An electrical forcefield developed around him, and electricuted his father. His mother rushed to his side, and Tarlac said some thug had struck him with a tazer. He has never told the true story to anyone.
Description: Tall, Long Brown Hair, Pale Skin, Always Wears Jeans and a T-shirt.

Reply to Arcana Academy

You must be logged in to post a reply!