ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37865
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - I'm unable to answer for a second as I feel the lessening of tension around my temples. Then, "It's my dimension. Well, not technically a dimension, but more of a little bubble of space. Unai made it for me." Remembering that nobody could see him, I gestured vaguely at the air. My magic was still sdamaged by the arcanite, and I glanced at Alyssa. She didn't look good.
--
Erdely [Satana] - In this world I'd ended up in, there was silver light and hands like withered plants rising out of the blood-splashed dirt. And there was a black dais with something inhuman standing on it.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond[Pyro]: "Very nice Alice and as for Alyssa, I think the collar has stopped whatever it was doing to her as soon as she came here." I say looking down at Alyssa real quick then back to Alice "I'm surprised you have a mythical, they rarely bond with humans any more." I say in slight admiration

Alik'vr hold his blade in front of the entrance to the pyramid and it slowly opens with about 8 other Anubi inside "This way." He say walking into the temple and taking a the first turn right "It is true Lucien, you are our Great Ramesses's Brother ancestor. Here is the sleeping chambers." he says walking into a hallway with 6 different rooms, curtains replaced what would be doors. He turns to face Nick "You were hiding from a Queen Scarab yelling it was going to eat which it could have if I hadn't taking care of it" He says "Here are your rooms. Anything you need, just ask and it shall be served to you. Make yourselves comfortable in the mean time will I inform my pack on what to do." he says walking pass down into another corridor

Chelsea[Rose]: I smile and keep from laughing a little as I hear about Lucien being royalty, sort of. I will be able to tease him about it now as I tap him on the shoulder "Why didn't you tell me you were royalty, your highness?" I say with a small giggle, I was going to get on his nerves in here if it killed me

Void & Omega: His power is too much for me and the apex of the beam hits me and I fly backwards into a wall. Omega wastes no time and slugs me right in face with hysterical laughter and he continues to punch, but he is to arrogant in his punching and I am able to get my two fingers under his chin for a move I save a time like this. I fuse his essence into my own and he disappears screaming bloody murder as I absorb him. My mind throbs and I hold my head in my hands. I am on the brink of losing myself completely. I will need to perform the Ritual at the Stonehenge sooner than expected but for now the imminent threat is eliminated and I have just grown more powerful

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "They're rare?" I said in surprise. "I've got three. I'm just lucky, I suppose..."
---
Erdely [Satana]- I walked towards the dais. Normally, I didn't get creeped out -I was the one doing the creeping- but this place was growing on me, in a bad way. I stared at the ground, placing my feet as to avoid the twisted hand-plants gnarled around the walkway. The black sky offered little light, but the four pillars around the dais glowed faintly.
When I looked back up, the thing on the dais was gone.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: Whose ever spirit was helped him take over the Omega and absorb him but better get back to his body because too long in that form and you won't be able to come back. I know of only one place that could do that to something and that is a conduit, a portal between our dimension and the mythical dimension which housed many creatures but most friendly. [i]"Lucien, I know that's you, get back to your body or you will be dead in a few hours. Where are the others staying? The Stonehenge? Easter Island?"[i] I ask mentally to him, telepathy was one of the many arts of mind alteration I have mastered

Chelsea[Rose]: I enter a random room that they haven't already claimed and walk in. I almost squeaked when I entered as I saw beautiful ancient Egyptian dresses. If I wasn't so tired I would try them on so I will do that in the morning. I hope the Alik'vr wouldn't mind, because he scared me. I lay on the bed and surprised it isn't stone, although the pillow wasn't exactly a cloud but it would have to do as I let myself drift into sleep.

Desmond[Pyro]: My eyes widen "Three?!? That's pretty cool. I read that everyone has at least one but they show up when you're ready or need them." I say remembering a page from my family's etheromicon. "It's really a shame the history between humans and the mythicals. They used to roam our world like normal animals but humanity got greedy and started a war with them over their lands and eventually they had to retreat back through the portals never to be heard from again except for rare occurrences." I say still amazed by where I am and what's around me that I laugh a little in amazement "Still, you say Unai made this for you? She is a very good companion to have it seems." I say smiling

Alyssa[Spectre]: I can barely feel my muscles but it's a start. I slowly curl my fingers digging into a strange substance that felt odd. The pain had subsided but I was drained of both physical and magical energy.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "Thanks," I say with a smile. "Unai's a he, though." A twitch of movement catches my eye. "Did Alyssa just move?" I swear her fingers curled up.
"How long should we stay here?" I said absently, watching Alyssa for signs of other movements. "We can't stay forever."
--
Erdely [Satana] -When I spin around at a clacking sound, there it is. A girl-ish thing with long orange pigtails and black spots marring her white skin, and one eye is red. But of course, the most important thing is the giant skeleton hand emerging from her grotesquely malformed mouth, and the enormous bones of arms that hung at her sides, and the way the malformed torso twisted back behind her, and the giant sow bugs crawling from her skin. She reaches a hand to me, a bloody scorpion's tail snapping forwards.
So I muster my energy and run.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I nod, it was no new news to me but I figured I should join them. I remeber the place and teleport to it, I am able to the spell without speaking becuase of a Techinque I have developed over the years. I appear right in front of the entrance, even I couldn't enter a magical place like this by teleporting. To my comfort Alik'vr greets me "I expected a visit from you eventually Master Void." He says holding his fist to his chest "Your room has been prepped since you entered this world." He says and I nod "Thank you Alik'vr, your hospitality is most welcoming." I say sincerely as he walks with me into the pyramid "Tell them I am here but are not to be disturbed. I must find the stonehenge, for I know it here. I can sense it's presence in this world." I say taking the oppostie direction of the dorm corridor to the 7th dormitory "Of course." He says then disappering the wrong hall, he would tell them eventually. Pharohs were once a powerful but corrupt mage family which is why the egyptian people thought of them as gods until they were killed off and replaced by a normal human through revolution.

Chelsea[Rose]: I wake up and stretch with a smile as I finally get to try on one of royal dresses. I use the mirror to check how they would look on me and I choose the best one. It was a white silk dress with gold at the edges and blue-red design along the bottom that came a little above my knees with the strap going around my neck. I look in the mirror and comb my blonde hair straight. I also put on a small golden tiara and golden necklace with Ankh as the charm. Happy with my look I grab what looks to be perfume and upon testing It smells I am proven right. This may be a lot but I didn't really have much back home being the oldest with just my dad and 6 siblings. I smile then walk out into the corridor where I see a sweaty Lucien that looks like he saw a zombie "Is evrything all right Lucien?" I ask

Desmond[Pyro]: I smile embarassed at my mistake but shrug "Sorry Unai. Maybe just day or so. We stirred up something awful down there" I notice Alyssa eyes open slowly and I look at alice then move over Alyssa and help her sit up "We're safe here." I say softly

Alyssa[Spectre]: I can hear their voice clearer and I'm happy it's Alice and Desmond. I slowly open my eyes and one of them helps me up. My vison is a little blurry "Where are we?" I ask in a very low voice as it is all I manage

"You shouldn't be here." A shadowy figure says suddenly then moves into the light, it is another Void but he is in black open-leather jacket and jeans, blue sneakers. He seems human compared to the other Void as he carries emotion into his words "I never thought I would see you again. Things must of gotten hectic already. Now you're trapped like me, the real Void. That Void you have in your world is merely my twin. He took my nickname when I left to come here, to fight the threat head on but never came back. This is The End. What me and Valentin fought to save the world from. A invasion. My name is Alexei." He said with a bow "Now come with me, it is too dangerous to remain in the open." He says. His hair was neatly combed but a little long and his eyes were a little paler than Valentin's. He began to walk motioning with his hand to follow.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Forgot to specify, by Erdely

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I enter my room and it is everything I hoped it to be. There is a large bookcase and several aritifacts of the arcane nature which can amplify my search. I sit in the middle of them room and cast a meditation circle around me then sit and meditate. I need to shift through the world's energy to find the stonehenge. I can stop the fighting inside my own mind and even perhaps with the help of the others bring back Alexei. We would definitely succed then because when he left and never returned is when things got near impossible

Alik'vr pauses for a moment before giving a nod "I will see what I can do, she might listen if she knew Master Void was here." He says heading off to the room with the sphinx

Chelsea[Rose]: My eyes widen a little with concern "Well I'm glad you're not hurt or ... dead." I say in reponse then watch Alik'vr walk away after Nick's question "This is place grows more amazing each hour. You take me on tour Nicholas, this place is so fascinating." I suggest with pleading eyes. I wanted to see everything this tomb had to offer

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

*You should take me

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "We're in my personal dimension." I answer Alyssa. "But we can't stay forever... the more Vladmir searches for us, the more his magic eats away at here. Look." I help Alyssa to her feet and guide both of them to the edge of my dimension, which was just a black nothing streaked with a few auras. The ground near the edges bubbled and seethed unhealthily. "That's him. We can't stay for long. He's probably out and looking already. Where are the others, do you know?" I directed the question at Desmond. I really did not want my dimension destroyed.
---
Erdely [Satana] - I squinted suspiciously at this new Void -Alexei, was it? There were too many peolple. There probably would've been other me's, too, except I was a fiction. Completely unique, and the universe I hailed from I had gotten my geamÄn to help me destroy. If any of the rest of us had escaped, we'd be worse than Alexei and the other Void said Valentin would be.
As it was, I could destroy universes on my own, thanks. GeamÄn gave me his soul, and I took it as I burned him. Two people in me now. His voice scrabbling at the back of my skull.
I looked back at the creature behind us, still lurching closer, and when it reached to touch me again, snapped its hand off at the skeletal wrist. Maybe I could keep it. Pulling the bones apart idly, I followed Alexei to wherever he felt like leading me.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

^Oh, and just to add something so it doesn't seem like I'm making Erdely too much of a power-hoarder, she can't destroy universes yet. Hasn't got everything.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

'Alexei' takes you to stone circle surronding by different color flames "You and me are one of a kind you know. I took the name Alexei when I came to their dimension because I saw Valentin in so much pain so I helped him. He became my soul brother and when I left to come here he was devastated. There is not a more tormented creature, but I have used him to do my work. My true name Erdely is Zexo and I come from the dimesion of the Ether." He says sitting on the cleanest rock

Chelsea[Rose]: My mouth is a opened with amazement "This is more than I ever could of imagined. You're lucky have soo much time here and all to yourself. It must've been great." I say smiling because I never really had a quiet moment to myself.

Desmond[Pyro]: I shake my head "I wasn't there long enough to find out, but I'm sure we could find them." I say hopefully

Alyssa[Spectre]: My will is broken and I sit back down on the ground "I just want this all to stop.." I say glumly

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - I reach over and impulsively give Alyssa a hug. "It'll come out okay," I said. "We'll think of something." I turned to Desmond again. "Since my magic is kind of squashed right now, can you do kind of a finding-spell?"
-----
Erdely [Satana] - I pulled at the bones some more. There's a lot of bones in the giant hand. None of them seem to have marrow, just a blistering contamination that's black and puts spots on my fingers when I touch it.
Everyone seems to have fake names now. "Where's Ether?" I asked. The word Ether sounds kind of pure and ghostly, a far cry from Focul Ladului, my dimension of demons. "And why did you come here?" I looked over my shoulder. The now-handless creature is being devoured by the garden of pale tangled white things, sprawled sideways and screeching.
"And how can I get out?" I sit forwards, staring intently at...Zexo. Alexei sounds better. I think I'll call him that. I think to myself. Just to irritate him. "Because that thing's a bit creepy, and I hope there aren't more." The black spots on my fingers look like they're spreading, and I try to wipe them on my pants.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Alyssa[Spectre]: I nod, not really feeling any better "Yeah, I hope so." I say softly

Desmond[Pyro]: I nod and take a short look around the take a sear on the ground and create a ball of pure magic, it takes on the forms of different places as it searches for the specific essenence of our other friends

Chelsea[Rose]:I go to my room and pretend to sleep and wait for awhile then I walk out to explore the tomb more on my own but Alik'vr intercepts me before I go anywhere new "Where do you think you're going?" He asks and I hesitate but respond "I just wanted to get some fresh air.." I try my best to lie but he sees right through it and oddly smiles "Do not try to fool a Anubis. This tomb is much too dangerous for you. If you wish to know something, ask me directly. You're more likely to live that way." He warns and I think "What happened to the you? I mean, why aren't mythicals roaming the world anymore?"
I ask hoping it wasn't too much but He growls a little "We used to live in harmony, there was the few that harmed humans but most tried to help and they built statues and shrines to honor us but then humanity grew too greedy and began to take land from us so we had to defend it however they had indiviuals we called Tul'Sur or mages to you. We had no real defense against them and we slowly but steadily lost until we retreated finally through the portals where we came. There a few of us who stay at locations such as these but there are very little havens left." He says

Zexo stretches "Well Ether is World of made of magic and the mind however it was lost to this very dimension, every world overran. The last of us created barriers so that they couldn't spread but they found a way around it, corrupting someone and using them to open a portal for them. I am here to protect everyone from the fate we endured. They are parasite and with each dimension absorbed they grow stronger. It is possible to leave but I must have another to help. Which is why I am happy you are here." I say getting up and taking your hand, pulling you on top of the cirlcle and take both of your hands, placing a curved knife her hands "It requires a blood sacrifice of a willing subject. So stab me, I know it won't bother you." He says looking into your eyes

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - Something tingles, and I sat up straight. "You feel that? Maybe they're working to find us." By 'they', I mean the rest of us, not Vladmir and his cronies. With a painful twitch of nearly-gone magic, I pull up the spells image. It's small, and there's a faint picture of Tesla peering at a picture of my dimension, with Serpent in the background. "Now that we see them, can we go there?" Unai could lend me energy to get there, the inside of a pyramid. And then I could sleep off the arcanite and find out what we were missing.
Without waiting for an answer, I concentrated on the wavy image, at the last second grabbing Desmond and Alyssa, and sucking energy from Unai and Mint Bunny, whispered "Mro Vras."
---
Erdely [Satana]- I looked at the knife appreciatively. A good one, with a worn but sure grip that would dance in my hands. I very nearly reached out and slit the pulsing julgar in Alexei's throat- too close, too easy- but it'd be the end of my escape. And I wanted out. This was boring.
The black spots on my fingers itched as I carefully bent the blade away from any major damage and pulled a beautiful red line through Alexei's pale skin, from the back of his palm to his elbow. Blood dripped out, and I stared at it. Was it my imagination, or did the drops grow clusters of black spores?
I blinked and shook it away. No time for tired. "Let's go."

Showing 136-150 of 181