ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37635
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond whispered to him very softly "Do you not feel it, our magic is being blocked and drained, they would not let this go." I say then change my tone of voice "Alright, well we should head to our dorm room and settle in, maybe we'll meet Alice and Alyssa on the way." He says normally then starts walking away but slow enough for you to catch up. He thinksNo one has escaped here, but it can't hurt to try

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Alyssa begins to walk away from alice, heading down the dorm corridor. She gets lost in thought [/i]I am never leaving this place. They won't let me. They'll do experiments or something. They already showed they don't care for my life..[i] and before she knew she walked right into Nicholas, not watching where she was going "Oh..Hi." She said of shyly and softly "Me a-and Alice were just looking for you." She says kind of softly, having to look up. She had managed to clean the blood and dirt off of her face while in her dorm.

Desmond waited for a minute or so then began to walk in another direction, he would come later to the dorm. For now, He wanted to get a quick scope of the area. The sun was on its way down and surely there would be a curfew.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Character Info
Name: Zach Lowery
Bio: Growing up In a broken family, Zach was âheld backâ by his regular school. But in 2018, at the age of just 15. He was almost immediately sent to learn at the Arcane school. After 2018, Zach was able to make things move by concentrating on them. He perfected the talent in his room, moving his things from one wall to the next.
Description: On the smaller side height-wise, with Brown hair and Hazel eyes flaked with green and gold. His hair always curls to the left and is longer than most, almost dangling over the eyes.

(Hope this is good enough)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(It's good, just remember that you can't use powers unless you are in a zone where there is no nexus conduit which inhibits your powers.)

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

(Ok thanks for the info. Cant wait to start.)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Always nice to see enthusiasm)
Your instructor had been training you all day with little breaks in between. There are a few bruises on your legs, arms, and back from where he struck you with his wooden staff when you would get something wrong. You are practicing on one of the several training fields where so magic is able to be done "One last thing and we'll be done for the day. Create a vortex of lighting and count to three then make it slowly fall into a line of electricity, moving it carefully however you please then finally let it dissipate." He told you in a commanding voice. He was Dr. Arnold Van Richten, your personal mentor for the past two weeks as he saw potential in you

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I concentrate and close my eyes for a few seconds, taking deep breaths. I open my eyes and look like I am looking at something beyond the field around me. Suddenly a small bit of blue appears and quickly grows into a small vortex of lightning.
"One... Two..."
I seem to be losing concentration, and I attempt to regain it by pushing more energy into the vortex.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

"They seem...interesting." I said to Alyssa before she walked away. Then I turned to Bunny and Uni hovering behind me. 'What do you think of her?' I asked them.
'She seems nice, and a little creepy.' piped up Bunny. Uni said nothing, but rested his head on my shoulder. 'I like her.' said Tink. 'And the troll is weird. He needs to brush his teeth.'
I laughed.
Then a loud siren went off, and I jumped. A student I didn't know was dragged out of a room. Probably to be 'terminated'.
One of the people making sure he didn't escape shouted, "It's dinner, haul your lazy butts down to the mess hall."
Great. I exhaled. 'Bunny, know where this mess hall is?'
Bunny leading the way, I went for dinner.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond finishes scouting and hearing the annoucement over the radio headed towards the mess hall as he saw Alice and her pets as he called them and caught up with her and smiled "Hey, you headed to dinner too?" He said friendly "Great, At least we can sit together seeing that we don't really know each other." He suggests walking next to you. He then sees what looks like Alyssa just staring at Vladimir's Central Command Building with a dead-like stare. Desmond taps her shoulder as the both of you get close to her. "Alyssa. Alyssa! Hey, are you feeling alright?" He asks concerned and she shakes out of it almost as if she were in a trance "What? Sorry, it's just there is bad energy radiating from that place..." She turns around to meet us "It's probably nothing so let's go eat, shall we?" She asks meekly, wanting to change the subject

Dr. Richten walks around you watching your form and control and even though he sees you losing concentration he stands still "Do it now!" He commands firmly "Think of the flow of a river, your mother cooking your favorite dish." He says "Lighting is about feeling loose and calm and just let the energy flow through your body.." He instructs by demonstrating the propet form

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

@blk Alright. On a side note, I really like your Shade Rpg. It's pretty good

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

@blk- XD
@Mordex- My pets are invisible to everyone but me, I suppose I get that degree of privacy?

I sat at the table with Desmond and Alyssa and poked at the food. It's actually surprisingly good for a prison like this, with many choices. I suppose I was expecting gruel and bread, but still. Scones and tea, my favorite.
"So," I said eventually around a mouthful of scone, "What're we going to do?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

@StormWalker= i'll give you that, but there is a realm of magic where all the mystical creatures dwell and come from and will play a part later.

Desmond swallows a mouthful of food he just chewed "Well, if you feel up to it, me and Nicholas are going into the sub-level basement here. I did some exploring before I came here so I know where we can enter undetected. We are going to discuss our situation and decided if we should escape or investigate." he says keeping a low voice, not looking directly at you.

Alyssa listens to Desmond and knows they have to investigate. Something seems so very wrong here other than being treated like this. She was not leaving here until she found out Nexus Academy's secrets "What do you think Alice?" she asked meaning two things, can they be trusted to have the gift Alyssa can give them and what she thinks they should do.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Rick wanders into the dining room, takes off his headphones, and sits down at the table. Without a moment of hesitation, he stuffs an entire scone into his mouth and then follows it with some tea straight from the teapot. After swallowing what would most likely choke a normal human being, he looks around the table and notices Alyssa sitting directly across from him. He then picks up what he thinks is a cloth napkin and wipes his mouth embarrassedly. His eyes don't leave Alyssa for the rest of the meal.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

*laughs at Terry's thingy* Good job, amusement bonus.
---
"I think," I said carefully, "that we should wait and see." I think about the words on the ceiling that I saw -Ivaya, Vladmir's daughter- but decide not to mention it. Well, not for the first meeting, anyway. Maybe, after we trust him more, or less, warranting the circumstances...
Anyway. "But I definitely want to explore. Maybe we'll find something."
---
I think I'll make another character at some point in the future.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I start to loosen up and concentrate better.
"... Three."
The vortex then starts to form a line of pure electricity.
Sweat rolling down my face, I attempt to try and move it in circular movements, then experiment with moving it across the field.

Showing 46-60 of 181