ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37634
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice[Pentagram]: It's all a bit much to take in, and interestingingly, the first thing I have to say is "How many names do you even have?"
I want to sit down somewhere-my head still hurts- but the darkness is boundless. Not even FMB or Unai is here.
This is my dreamland, isn't it? Slowly, I pull up a memory of one of the last good times with my brother, and the world around me begins taking on a clear-blue-sky hue. "Which other worlds?" A few memories -mine, not mine- float across my vision for the barest of seconds. "Where would the ones Vladmir summons from be? And where am I now?"
-
Erdely[Satan]- The reaper's good. He has all the tricks my geamÄn taught me, and a few I haven't seen before. As soon as I kill the second gunman, he has me pinned, magic-glow sword at my throat.
I'm not afraid. I'm never afraid. In fact, this act makes the great cackling laugh I'd practiced since childhood well up and burst out, an explosion of noise. My stomach hurts from the strike, a nice solid one, but jævla if he thinks this is the end of me. Far from it.
With a spell my geamÄn taught me, I touch my sharp nails to his skin -exposed in a small tear by a flying splinter- and disappear inside him, a wraith among his organs, grappling and lashing out, tearing and still bubbling out my mad laughter, a foc diavol on the loose.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I smile for the faintest of seconds "That is my true name, you are the first to hear it except for one other world." I say then begin to walk back and forth "There are infinite amount of dimensions and hundreds of worlds within them or a parallel universe. I come from another world but Ivaya can cross dimensions or open portals. Our dimension's difference is time, sort like time travel. Vladimir will get his monsters from the Sinister Dimension. I was sent there once to see if I could kill them off. I got half-way." I say disappointed then I take on a fearful look "Oh no, He's here." I say almost with fear in my voice as a copy of my myself but scarred and bloody "I didn't expect to see you here again old pal..." He says with a crazed and deranged look, bloodlust present in his wide eyes. I stand between him and Alice "Alice, that is who I truly should be. This is my demon." I say as I prepare to fight but the crazed Void just slides his nail across his collarbone drawing more blood "I will gain control and No one will stop me." He laughs maniaclly before disappearing into the darkness and I remain tense "I will now break the connection but I most show you this first, why I am the way I am and why I suffer this." I say disappearing too but the area behind me turns into a city. People are running and screaming as Monsters Hunt them down "This was my home and ever since I learned of other worlds I made it my mission to save them from the same fate which is why I do this." My body-less voice booms then the scene changes. It is me holding a bloody, still breathing, Alice in my arms as monsters encircle us surronded by Tesla,Satan, Pryo, Serpent, Rose, Spectre and countless others who lay torn apart. It is the first time you see me cry then I dropped Alice's body and shoot a bolt through her head and vanish "That is why I am this way. I have watched my friends die over and over so now I feel nothing and onlh care about what I need to do." My voice booms again before I appear once more "You will awake in awhile but I must leave you." I say finally before walking into darkness

Alyssa[Spectre]: I do as he instructed "Mro Vas!" I say focusing on the farthest point across from me in the room and I feel a little weird as I appear there "That is really something.." I say a little dizzy

Desmond[Pyro]: "Sounds good. Mro Vas." I say focusing and appear in the corner opposite of Lucien with a smile "That is pretty cool." I say casually

Chelsea[Rose]: I stand up and focus, I am not feeling the best with all that is going around us "Mro Vas." I say inna weird way and find myself appearing next to Lucien "It really works." I say softly. I hated seeing people be hurt and suffer, it was the only thing that brought me down and it was all around us as we stayed here

A man in a much-higher grade suit comes down the corridor much like the Reaper but much more dangerous looking. He has the sword, a machine pistol and spiked gloves that hook at the end. He is weaing night-vison looking goggles and a long-coat of some-kind "You have been killing me men, have you?" He chuckles like a rich man "Such a little girl, you shall be fun to kill." He says with a cold voice (You cannot defeat him at this point in the story)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice[Pentagram]- Over and over again? Reminds me of one of the memories I'd just recaptured, being stuck forever in a mansion while all my friends were slain by a lage, hulking gray alien. I'd gone blind, and our dimension-ripper was a traitor, and the time-traveler was dead, and there were bloody numbers on the floor.
But that was not the worst.
"Not the worst, eh, lass?" says a voice too familiar.
I'd had my brother Alfred, yes, and then there was the one I refused to acknowledge. In fact, as far as I knew, he was dead. Kienan should've been dead.
This is my dream, isn't it?
--
Erdely [Satana] - (okay.) As I burst out of the top of the old Reaper's skull, tired but extremely happy, bloodsoaked, the new man shoots at me, the same pulses of purple energy, except these were green. I hated green. Apparently the green hated me, too, because as I lunged forwards, it swung back around me like a boomerang, efficiently tracking my moves. It was an amorphous cloud, following after me,and I knew it would hurt and probably kill me.
Well, poo. That's no fun. So instead of engaging this new character like my blood sang for me to do, my common sense made a rare appearance and I darted away, several loose-hanging tentacles needling my back.
Every time I made a sharp turn, I gained a step, and every straightaway, I lost four. Did I have enough energy to-? 'Mro Vras!' I shouted, and then slid sideways as my energy faltered and flickered, wondering if it would drain out or not. "Dritt!" I cursed as the cloud came upon me. This was not how I planned on going. And then I flickered out as a small crumb of greeness seated itself on my hat and kept reaching.
Back in the basement again.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The tombstone reads 'Valentin Stokonov 1994-2006' with a barely visible inscription on the bottom 'A child born of the Void'

A Anubis appoarches Nicholas and kneel in a bow "Nicholas, Descendant of Ramesses, it is good to see again. Word has it you were taken to the Academy, I am glad you are still alive." He says. Ancient cultures built structures so Mystical creatures could come to this world but many have been closed. This is a exception and the Anubis, Alik'vr safe guard it

Desmond[Pyro]: I watch them leave then say "Mro Vas." And I am teleportrd back to my house where my family greets me with surprise and relief and I smile being able to see them again
Alysssa[Spectre]: I wait for them to go "Mro Vas." I say and am transported to a empty lot where the burn marks still scorched the earth. It was my childhood home and ashes that have long since blown away. I sit down at stare at the black earth wrapped in thought

Chelsea[Rose]: I am the last to go as each one leaves "Mro Vas." I finally say as I appear in Athens, my home. I walk the streets again in the normal- part of the city which was so nice it made me forget about evrything else. I picked a beautifu red rose and tucked it in my hair. I rembered that I only had a few minutes but it was more than enough

Valentin[Void]: My mind goes back into the real world but I gave Alice sole company before I left. Spirits could now visit her and anyone who died that she knew could see her once more. I watch as Erdely appears in the basement "Did you have fun? I know what you were doing and that was good work, taking down a reaper." I say blankly then take a seat on my chair as a little bit of my energy was drained from what I just did.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice[Pentagram]: "Why are you here, Kieran? Wasn't once enough?" My voice is stone cold.
He laughed in that infuriating way. "Lass, if you think burning me once would be enough to keep me from knifing your younger brother, you're mistaken."
"You did what to Alfred?!"
He laughed again. "Not yet, but soon. Something's coming." He leaned close, and I backed away. "Silly Alicey, you cannae escape from me."
And then with a nearly audible impact, I broke out of nightmareland like a mirror shattering.
Did I do that? Or did Kieran kick me?
--
Erdely [Satana] (I've decided that Satana sounds better than Satan, can I change that?) I'm too busy clawing at the green goo on my favorite hat to hear Void -or Zane, or whatever he felt like calling himself- at first. When I pull at it, it sticks to my fingers with a burning sensation.
"Hmm? Oh, yes, it was so much fun~" I pulled my clean hand through my bloody hair and find a bone fragment, and toss it into my mouth idly. Then I present my green-gooped hand at him. The burning has grown into an intense pain, and it looks like the goo is melting through my skin. "Get this off, dear sir, or your lovely Satana will drop dead." I give him my most sardonic grin.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I place my hand in front of her, a tiny vortex sucks all of the green jell off of her and it disappears, then I place my hand on her arm and heal her then let go as Lucien appears and speaks "In this world I am dead, but there are other worlds Lucien. What you saw was merely a version of me, because before I turn 13, Vladimir tried to infused me with the most powerful magical substance in existence, Arcanite. He injected it into me to create a unstoppable force that he could use to conquer. It created a split-personality within. One called Chaos and one called Control but each is me. Right now I am control because Chaos will kill everything that ever existed. " I say casually in a cold tone "You are my nehpew Lucien, don't think you're not. If I had came sooner to this world I may have been able to save your mother but such disappointments happen." I say looking directy at him with a cold stare

Desmond[Pyro]: After a lot of hugs from my younger siblings and Mom and a even on from my dad, we have a family dinner and talk about everything that is going on but I leave out the parts of our rebellion

Chelsea[Rose]: People say 'hi' to me as I walk past them and I return it. I was gone for a day and I had missed the smells already.

Alyssa[Spectre]: I sit there for awhile as I think of my family. It had made me strong because I had to live without them. It only reminded me not to grow close to the other memebers because I will not suffer that sadness again

The anubis nods once "Lucien Thomas is a descenat of Ramesses's brother so you too are related but very distantly." He says in a deep voice "When you need me, I shall come to you aid sire." He says bravely "I will bring my finest warriors with me. I fear war is upon you."

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice[Pentagram] - It seems to take ages for me to wake up completely. I lie there for a while, letting muted voices break over me like water, and then I'm awake. A nasty, nasty headache, and a sharp pain in my neck, but hey, better than standing in the dark with Kieran. I groaned and sat up, head throbbing, smoothing my hands down the dried bloodstains on my clothes. "What's going on? What did I miss?"
---
Erdely [Satana] - I nod my thanks to Void and look at the greenish mark on my skin. It doesn't burn anymore, but it tingles unpleasantly, and I spit out the bone fragment and start gnawing on my skin to make it stop. Receiving a strange look from someone, I sigh, bat a few patches of clotted blood out of my face, and find a nice spot to sleep and replenish my energy.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I sigh a little "I did not know you were even alive so I didn't bother. I would of told you when I first saw you but there is a time and place for everything." I say "I do not feel emotion, only reason and logic drive me. All my emotion lies with Chaos. Luckily, Chaos must have full control to take over." I say looking to him as Alice wakes "My only wish is too die, to be free of this curse but before I can be released from torment I must save all of you." I say looking over at Alice "I hope you are okay Alice. The side-effects will be completely gone in a day or so." I say, forgetting about my previous conversation
Chelsea[Rose]: I decide it is time to go back so I say "Mro Vas" and I'm back in the room and notice Alice has woken up. I smiled again like my usually self, everything seemed to be getting better.
Alyssa[Spectre]: I get up and wave goodbye to my parents resting ground and saying "Mro Vas" as I turn away to appear in the basement with people filling it up again and I walk next to Nicholas "How'd yout trip go?" I ask softly
Desmond[Pyro]: I hugged all of my family goodbye and say "Mro Vas" as I exit out of the door, I can only imagine their faces and appear in front of the basement exit as see everyone is here and take my seat

Vladimir: The grandmaster appoarches me "Sir, most of the students have been captured or disabled and one my men is working on a report for you." He says and I notice the word 'most' out of all that and it infuriates but also interests me "What do you mean 'most'?" I try not to yell and he doesn't budge "A girl managed to kill a few grunts and even a reaper before I intervened, a boy student teleported in and out to rescue a few students, and lastly a student that does not appear on the records with blonde, anime sort of hair and blue eyes with pale skin managed to incapacitate several grunts." He says. I clench my fists and my mind wonders about this mystery student but there were several students who just got a pass into advanced classs and extreme surveilance

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The Grandmaster walks away and disappears into a wall. He comes up at the abandoned section of the school "Oh Ivaya, he is finally here. Long since I have waited for this moment which will soon be upon us. I don't know what he has called himself but he believes Vladimir is the real threat here and he would be but I am the true beast. For I am Omega. He is control and I am chaos." I say laughing as I take off my mask and goggles to reveal buzz cut blonde hair and sinsister dark blue eyes.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "I really hope so." Suddenly, the one called Lucian winced. "They're coming." He says, and he goes on, but the words come garbled to my ears for a minute. Is this one of those side effects? I really hoped it would go away.
I snapped back into crisp time. My magic seems squelched and bruised, and I'm afraid to use it. As people who appeared in the room just now begin preparing to hide, I sit up, reach out to Unai and what I told him to hide, and let him take me to the dimension i have desired as 'safe'. Once I tried to take someone else here, and the consequences were disasterous.
---
Erdely[Satana]- I wake up again just as someone says, "They're coming!" My short nap didn't restore a single squick of energy, and I'm all out. This irritates me.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Chelsea[Rose]: Just when I thought things were getting better, they're only getting worse. There was no where to really hide and as look over to Void, he is as still as a Statue, his eyes not blinking like he was having a staring contest and he finally spoke "I must leave.". This scares me even more, he was supposed to be our ace in this. Whatever it is can not be good.

Alyssa: I am not worried so much about what Lucien says but more so what Void just said. What he says next is like he just heard what Lucien said "They are going to give you advanced training but you will be watched religiously. I do need to go, but I might not come back." he says and vanishes. I look at Nicholas for what we should do

Desmond: I listen to everything Void says, it must be important or else he wouldn't be acting all weird. It reminded me of a man who knew he was going to die but didn't know what to do with himself "Out of all of us, Alyssa the most in danger. They already have her marked and..." I stop just as I see Alyssa fall on the floor, grabbing her collar just like we arrived. I didn't know how to get it off and forgot about it but we had to get it off of her somehow as I rush over and try to pull it apart but it barely budges.

Valentin[Void]: My mind is invaded by a unknown presence but it is familiar "Hello Valentin, I have been watching move across worlds for some time and knew you'd come here next. Meet me in the old stadium in the abandoned wing. Come alone, for their safey" A bodiless voice says in my head "I need to leave" I say worried that my worst nightmare has come true. I finally hear what Lucien says "They are going to give you advanced training but will watch you religiously. I do need to go, but I might not come back." I say then vanish saying "Mro Vas" in the barely audible arcais language. I appear in the courtyard and to my horror stands The Grandmaster or Me but he has that wicked look that indicates Chaos has taken over. It would explain the Inquisitors, his agents or henchman. This what going to be bloody

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] -Floating in the world of pale luminescence, I feel guilty for the others and wonder if I could possibly place an image in their heads of how to get here. That way, I wouldn't have to shred them by dragging them here, and then I could lock the rest out. This is my dimension, I made it. Nobody gets in without my permission.
I stretched back to the one everyone was in -ah, good old heachache, how I haven't missed you- and said "If I tell you a safer place, will you come, or at least try?"
---
Erdely [Satana] - "Do I really have a choice?" I gestured at the door, and as if punctuating my statement, faint strands of voices filtered down. They were coming.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Alyssa[Spectre]: The pain is so excruciating I can't scream as my body spasms. I barely hear what Nick says. They're going to to leave me, this can't come offf I think as I watch Desmond stop trying. I can feel the collar draining my energy away. They want me alive but powerless.

Desmond[Pyro]: I stop trying to pull it apart and stand up. If we trying any magic we risk severely hurting her "I don't think there is a way, Maybe if Void was here but he's off gods knows where." I say in defeat. I hear Alice's Voice "Sure, we won't be safe anywhere here anyway." I say

Chelsea[Rose]: I take a seat on a chair and put my face into my hands "It's all falling apart, isn't it?" I say sadly. I didn't really want to be part of this rebellion but they could use my healing skills. I heard Alice and waited for the others to respond, too worried to make a decision about it

Valentin[Void] & Chaos[Omega]: I dreaded this day from the first agonizing moment I was infused with arcanite except this was a physical fight and it wasn't in my head. This was what I was most afraid of, another me but run by Chaos. I see him drawing his blade and I draw my two short blades after him. He charges and swings his sword and it barely misses as I move to the side and managed a small cut across his back and he laughs "I underestimated you." He says

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "Okay, so, I haven't done this before, but if anything feels off, go back immediately. Last time..." my voice wavered, and I scowled inwardly. "Last time was not good. So..."
I floated out an image, forming it into a sphere and poking it into their heads. A soft place, a hollow in a bamboo forest wreathed with effervescent auras against a black sky. My place.
---
Erdely [Satana] - I snatch hold of the image that just comes into my head and squint at it from every perspective. I don't have much energy left for teleporting, but I can always hitch a ride on the way out.
The voices outside come closer. "I'm dead if I stay," I muttered. "Mro Vras."
Going there hurts. Alice said to pull back, but I don't want to, and I end up twisting sideways. The world I end up in is black and white and red, and is nowhere near safe at all.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Chelsea[Rose]: I smile in shock and awe as I stand before the pyramid, I didn't know Nicholas was royalty and I was even more shocked to see a Anubis, I didn't know they were real and so scary looking "Wow Tesla, This is pretty amazing! It sounds like you got leadership in your blood." I say with a smirk

Alyssa[Spectre]: I hear them arguing but can no longer understand the words. My mind slips into unconsicouness

Desmond[Pyro]: I focus on the image and a strange feeling rushes over me and I feel like I'm going to puke. I look up to see Alice and I turn around once studying my surroundings "Where are we?" I ask

Void & Omega: He goes to sweep my leg, fire covering his leg as he kicks but I flip over it and move a good distance away as I land. He grunts in anger and we meet each other halfway. He swings his sword down and I use my one short swords to block it and side step, get a good slice into his side as blood spills out but he just laughs again "No more games." he yells and drops his sword and holds his hands as me and I do the same. A beam made of every elements unleashes from our palms and collide. I try my hardest but he is gaining more ground

Alik'vr put his right fist to his chest and nods "Yes, my lord. Any friends of Nicholas is a friends of the Anubi. You shall be safe until you wish to leave. Me and my pack will guard the tomb." He says in his raspy, deep voice

Showing 121-135 of 181