ForumsGamesColony Leaderboard

170 35564
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

Ok I would like to make a colony leaderboard. This will of course be highly disputed that is why i am making it. I want to settle the matter. I am going to put out a list that is very wrong you all will change it however you like using any active ( last month or 2) people you think are better. The finished product will end up on my account and will change when certain people beat other people.
1st question 10 people or 25 people.
forgive any typos this is from memory.
1. MiamiBigAL
2. zachh
3. peterpandasaevang
4. FascistCorps
5. hezdog
6-25 you decide.

• 170 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Wait or spot four for fission haha

royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

sorry Soccer that was an error. Thank you for pointing that out.

zachh
zachh
15 posts
Nomad

rappy123 is better than desertfang

rappy123
rappy123
11 posts
Nomad

Lol royal 1 v 1??? I do believe, you've never 1 v1'd me and REFUSED to 1 v 1 when I challenged you and 2 v 2 never except that time you were my partner and did nothing.So i'm calling summo bs right there. But anyways Fission definitely has gotten better, used to never beat my monarchy(I realized I played monarchy too much) but now most of the time he beats it. My capi and fasci are ehh definitely better than three years ago lol.. I never payed as much attention to micro as I do now but getting better at micro, commi I barely play with but I guess its alright. My monarchy is definitely the best out of all the govs but, I wont be playing monarchy unless i'm really lazy, learning to counter monarchy, I could at least beat kilean and almost cont's mon with my capi
-Rap, peace won't be on for a while

SwampertDestiny
SwampertDestiny
47 posts
Nomad

what about me
i feel left out

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Lol Really? What about the Old Pros that come online from time to time? Come on Guys this Top 20 is Fake except for the first few people. 1v1s dont determine the best overall player, It all comes down to the 2v2 and how the person syncs with their partners. 1v1s just show who is faster at Pinning the Opponent thats all. 2v2 is all about where its at, it doesnt matter if someone rapes a guy at 1v1s

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

If a person is very skilled a 1v1, they are most likely a very good player. Skill level does not equal good teamwork skills with a single player.

I would find it very hard to gauge a single player's skill by just watching them in 2v2 matches. There are too many added factors with the extra players on each side at hand.

Likewise, zing said his list was based off of many things, not just skill in 1v1, and it's mostly the same as royalguy's now I think.

zachh
zachh
15 posts
Nomad

this list only has active players on it.
the list for top players all time would be very different, lol

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Yep with like TDH, peggster, pacman, draco, the sauce guys, the FYCN people and oh i don't remember anymore....

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

In 2v2, you make fewere decisions than 1v1, plus you can stretch your build less, as you have a partner. Say it is a 1v1, you are post and they are monarchy post. If they get a mod phantom + a tank, it is pretty hard to counter, so you either go dual build or do your best. However, in 2v2 you probably will have a forging team. Therefore, it is no threat.

Spec ops is less strong in 2v2, as you have 2 people to coordinate. Due to this balance, 2v2 is easier than 1v1.

-fiss

guesty9999
guesty9999
23 posts
Nomad

POS where are you. I consider you inactive. You don't qualify.

So far he isn't on the list. I don't see the problem. Though tbh, I think he deserves a spot, at least somewhere in the middle.

-Why did you move chess behind me....? I mean he's good but I would say I'm better..

From what I've seen i agree with soccer on this, he most likely is better, at least from the little I've seen since coming back.

what about me
i feel left out

This could be caused by two things:
a) you aren't considered good enough
b) you are inactive

'b' is pretty easy to fix. However, if you aren't good enough (and I don't personally remember you), tough luck; train more. this is meant to be the list of the best active players, so you must be both active, and good.

Lol Really? What about the Old Pros that come online from time to time?

Umm... names? Saying a statement like that is fine, if you back it up with facts.

Come on Guys this Top 20 is Fake except for the first few people.

Again, saying things like this is fine, IF you at least add some constructive criticism. Don't say 'this list sux'; say 'I think you should move/add/remove this and that guy'.

1v1s dont determine the best overall player, It all comes down to the 2v2 and how the person syncs with their partners. 1v1s just show who is faster at Pinning the Opponent thats all. 2v2 is all about where its at, it doesnt matter if someone rapes a guy at 1v1s

Now, I disagree. If a person is very good in 1v1, he will also be good at 2v2. However, a person that considers himself to be good at 2v2 wil not necessarily be good at 1v1, or any other mode.

1v1s aren't about who can pin faster. that is the starting point, but not the main point. While it is true that just about every successful 1v1 strategy requires pinning and 'rushing', 1v1 is about much more than that. Once it is assumed we both 'rush', then all the interesting things like micro and macro come out. I agree that 2v2 is fun and challenging, but 1v1 isn't boring either.

or like soccer said:
If a person is very skilled a 1v1, they are most likely a very good player. Skill level does not equal good teamwork skills with a single player.

I would find it very hard to gauge a single player's skill by just watching them in 2v2 matches. There are too many added factors with the extra players on each side at hand.

Likewise, zing said his list was based off of many things, not just skill in 1v1, and it's mostly the same as royalguy's now I think.

------------------

In 2v2, you make fewere decisions than 1v1, plus you can stretch your build less, as you have a partner. Say it is a 1v1, you are post and they are monarchy post. If they get a mod phantom + a tank, it is pretty hard to counter, so you either go dual build or do your best. However, in 2v2 you probably will have a forging team. Therefore, it is no threat.

This is partially true, in my opinion. While it is true that 2v2 can be less active than 1v1, when all participants are pro's, the games get quite intense. You have to adapt in pro 2v2 almost as much as in 1v1, and more so against non-conventional strategies.

Spec ops is less strong in 2v2, as you have 2 people to coordinate.

I don't really agree with this, since in 2v2 there are twice as many units on the field on each side. therefore, each missile will kill an average of twice as many units (duh). also, each side can theoretically get twice as many missiles, adding even more to the carnage. infact, almost every pro 2v2 game will have missiles on AT LEAST on side, more often both. Whereas in 1v1, you can have games where not even a single missile is fired (rare, but happens).

Due to this balance, 2v2 is easier than 1v1.

I don't think 2v2 is any easier than 1v1, if all participants are pro's. As i said, 2v2s get pretty intense, as the battle for the center has over twice as many units, many of which you can't directly control. There is also more room for comebacks, and the games in general are much longer. However, to each his own.

cheers,
Guesty.
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

Guesty I want to thank you for that very well thought out post. I stand here yall can all argue it out I am still listening and paying attention. Rappy123 is where we really kinda are because sme say he is unworthy of the list others say about where soccerdude2 is. Where should he be I have left him alone for now.

1. MiamiBigAl
2. zachh
3. zing13
4. rummel
5. trying
6. Pillola
7. FascistCorps AKA Fission12
8. soccerdude2
9. chessmaster102
10. DesertFang
11. hezdog
12. Kilean
13. SoymasterYos
14. peterpandasaevang
15. NullOfPower
16. clausse
17. royalguy
18. dashman123
19. dext200
20. rappy123

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I have no say. I haven't seen rappy on here at all.

Don't take me off the list. I am going to be very inactive for the next 2 weeks. College Finals.

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

[quote]POS where are you. I consider you inactive. You don't qualify.

So far he isn't on the list. I don't see the problem. Though tbh, I think he deserves a spot, at least somewhere in the middle.[/quote]

You would put your god in the middle?

oh silly you

no wheat crops for you this year
trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Then you won't have any SAUCE!

Showing 121-135 of 170