Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Favorite Valve Game

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 3:57pm

gabef

gabef

8 posts

Half-Life 2, what's yours? what's your favorite character?, not all valve games were originally come up with  by valve, some of them were mods from people, and valve just happened to like the mod and hire them, and made a full game from it.. also their probably already is a thread on this but, whatever.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 5:06pm

CorporalNob

CorporalNob

64 posts

Oh hey, Half-Life 2 is my favorite game as well. Although I didn't finish the entire story, I actually had a fun time playing it. (Even though I had to look at walkthroughs for a few parts)

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 5:41pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I liked that one game of theirs with the 3 in the name

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 7:25pm

gabef

gabef

8 posts

I liked that one game of theirs with the 3 in the name

so you don't like any of them?

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 11:54pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

so you don't like any of them?

Not sure if understood joke but doesn't know how to add on to it

Or if joke went way over head

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 12:42am

primemaneesh

primemaneesh

13 posts

I like counter strike

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 4:04am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Valve is more famous for their CyberStore "Steam" their games themselves aren't much compared to anything now.

They seems to be getting kind of lazy making games with little or no storyline like left 4 dead. That game is just a random set of variables every time with only a few campaigns that are exactly the same with no new maps. Your always going to know where your going to get ambushed and they have about the same variables so you should always know when the next tank or whatever will be around the corner.

Half-life series and Portal was probably their last great games and they were great. Awesome storyline on both, great characters and good graphics and gameplay.

I was going to say that this new counterstrike (CS:Go) was pretty awesome but it sounds like they only made it to get their games out on the Xbox and PlayStation , meaning that once again they are just cutting corners to try and make profit. Like left 4 Dead 2 literally the same game. Throw in a couple new maps and reskin the characters add some melee weapons and new zombies and there you have it, another 60 dollar game that they can sell.
And these mods they are buying from people and reselling. I dont want to play someone else's game I want a true valve game

Don't get me wrong I like what valve does in other areas like their good games and their anti cheat services. But really how long does it take to make another Half-life .

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 7:35am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

of course portal. what els? the rest of their games aint that good.

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 3:54pm

gabef

gabef

8 posts

Not sure if understood joke but doesn't know how to add on to it

I did get it though.

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 10:21pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Don't get me wrong I like what valve does in other areas like their good games and their anti cheat services. But really how long does it take to make another Half-life .

I think that right now, they're working on building the Source Engine 2 as well as working on the SteamBox and probably a few secretly secret projects they're secretly working on in secret.

Reply to Favorite Valve Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!