ForumsWEPRWhy do so many hate Muslims

185 65045
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

People can't seem to understand that one group does not define a religion. I know several Muslims and studied Islam and it is a noble religion if you ask me.

• 185 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

as they still share commonalities

There isn't even a fine definition of commonality. Let's say there is a Jewish doctor who lives on Jefferson Street in Dallas, Texas, who is a male human. I am a male human. We both share the commonality of being male humans, despite the fact that there isn't many other ways that we could be different from each other. It all depends on how define the commonalities in question.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

It all depends on how define the commonalities in question.

Which is why I added the clarification of:
that would classify them under the general label of Muslim
Meaning followers of Islam meaning "the religious faith of Muslims, based on the words and religious system founded by the prophet Muhammad and taught by the Koran, the basic principle of which is absolute submission to a unique and personal god, Allah." - Dictionary.com
If they've got those things, they're part of the same main group.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That depends on the definition of Muslim, as Hui Muslim refers more to the ethnicity than the religion. But for the practicing groups, I'm not saying they aren't different, but I wouldn't call them different groups altogether, as they still share commonalities, such as belief in God and Muhammad as a prophet and his revelations from Gabriel, that would classify them under the general label of Muslim.

Yes, but there are sufficient grounds to make them vastly different from one another. The harsh Arabic desert battlefields that have been constantly swamped by colonists, Turks, and Western influences have produced a strain of Islam far more discordant and puritanical than the majority of Muslims in China, who have largely absorbed Chinese cultural influences, leading them to be much more slacked in their practices, such as the Islamic practice of alcohol restriction and ritual washing; Friday prayers are not usually followed too. Chinese practices like incense burning at ancestral tablets and honoring Confucius were taken up; however, the one practice that is observed most stringently is the banning of pork consumption. This makes the Hui Muslims overall as a group much more ''rogressive''.

Which is why I added the clarification of:
that would classify them under the general label of Muslim
Meaning followers of Islam meaning "the religious faith of Muslims, based on the words and religious system founded by the prophet Muhammad and taught by the Koran, the basic principle of which is absolute submission to a unique and personal god, Allah." - Dictionary.com
If they've got those things, they're part of the same main group.

Yes, sure, but quoting from of all things, a dictionary, without making a proper argument is brainless. All governments are technically, 'the form or system of rule by which a state, community, etc., is governed'., yet no one in their right minds would say that Hitler's Nazi government shares many commonalities with the Swiss democracy that would make meaningful discussion worthy.

In sum, yes, they are all Muslims, but does it even add to the discussion, when we delve deeper into the issue with real world case studies?
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks]

Not all Muslims are radical but I think there is something much darker beneath the surface.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Not all Muslims are radical but I think there is something much darker beneath the surface.

Same can be said about many religions
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

So what? I didnât say all others are perfectly innocent.
Iâm saying Islam has always had a history of brutality.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Iâm saying Islam has always had a history of brutality.

And I'm just saying that I don't see why that is a reason to solely hate them.

Now..if you "hate" the other groups with a history of brutality (i.e. Catholicism) as well..then I'll leave the matter alone
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks]

Most of those attacks are against Israel, India or USA.
They can be justified as as a reaction to the atrocities of these countries.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

You aren't helping your case by saying that there's justification in acts of terror, murder and destruction.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

And I'm just saying that I don't see why that is a reason to solely hate them.

Well, again, if you've been a victim of Islamic terrorism, war, or crime, you're not going to see Islam in a positive light. For example:

A Muslim attempting to blame the atrocities of his countrymen on their victims is not going to garner much sympathy for Islam.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well, again, if you've been a victim of Islamic terrorism, war, or crime, you're not going to see Islam in a positive light

But for toemas, he provided a list of radical terrorist attacks, and then stated how even though he knows not all are like that "there is something much darker beneath the surface". He wasn't stating his reasons as him being a victim of these acts, but because of the history Islam has with them.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

But for toemas, he provided a list of radical terrorist attacks, and then stated how even though he knows not all are like that "there is something much darker beneath the surface". He wasn't stating his reasons as him being a victim of these acts, but because of the history Islam has with them.

Right. Well, in this case, those actions might have led him to judge Islam, or it might have been something else.

Toemas, if you're reading this, please explain your position.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

A Muslim attempting to blame the atrocities of his countrymen on their victims is not going to garner much sympathy for Islam.

Victims? Sorry, you've been fed half-lies. In many cases they are perpetrators, but to call them simply as the sole cause, or source of tension and violence is to stamp on truth. The war on Iraq was caused by? Saddam was the perpetrator? No go.

As for Toemas, I'm not going to mince my words. Your assertions are as clueless as the person that typed them.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You aren't helping your case by saying that there's justification in acts of terror, murder and destruction.

When another country occupies your's or when your own country men constantly ravage you on base of religion I'll ask what way you choose son?
Ever heard of gujrat riots?
You know what's going on in burma?
or What happened in timur?
or What happened in kashmir?
Of course this does not mean im with TTP or al qaida
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

When another country occupies your's or when your own country men constantly ravage you on base of religion I'll ask what way you choose son?

That doesn't justify killing people in acts of mass terror.

You're a hypocrite punisher. You're condemning others for hating Muslims for the crimes of a few, and then justifying indiscriminate murder and acts of terror because of the crimes of a few.
Showing 91-105 of 185