Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

Posted May 17, '13 at 7:23pm

samiel

samiel

330 posts

I've thought about religion alot lately and beleive I have learned few things
"God didn't create man, man created God" Bonus points if you recognize the quote.Back to my point I do beleive that quote to be true in one sense or another, what I beleive is that god is a fictional character created in the place of the all powerfull hand of fate that guides the way of the universe and It's inhabitants.You see this thing that we invision to be an all powerfull entity is really just a tangible form of something to complex to comprehend so we create this Idol in our heads to put everything together, to explain mystery and excite wonder.To sum up this lesson all things are one and we envision it as such and we call it a god.One last thing about the "everything is one" line.Lock your fingers together and tell me were one hand ends and the other begins.Please feal free to critisize I just wanted to know what people would think about this.

Posted May 17, '13 at 10:36pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

I would consider it lamentations of a lost soul

Posted May 17, '13 at 11:32pm

samiel

samiel

330 posts

I like how sectoidmedic can sum up all that by simply calling me an Atheist great job.
thepunisher93 Is mostly correct in his statements

Posted May 18, '13 at 3:53am

mbbs112

mbbs112

171 posts

you are a atheist thats what i think and that quote isnt true at all . Anyway look at all the religions and how they show pictures of their gods for example...Kali ma,Odin,Thor etc. Unlike these religions Hinduism,Norse.... Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:04am

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

Without any evidence.

Not that the first part of your sentence has anything at all to do with believe or validity of religion.

thats what i think and that quote isnt true at all

How is it not? We have seen a great many religions over the course of human history. We see a great many religions even today. The most obvious, and logical answer, is that people make up whatever they want. None have any proof of their claims.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:15am

mbbs112

mbbs112

171 posts

Islam had been created when the first human beings came(not apes or primates as you guys think) Hazrat Adam was the first human being and first Prophet or messenger of Allah and Islam wasnt the making of any ordinary human being

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:18am

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

I'm responding to your argument in this thread.

Posted May 18, '13 at 6:47am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

That's completely backwards. You eliminate doubt by showing.

Posted May 18, '13 at 7:42am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

Islam had been created when the first human beings came

thats about 1450 year ago.
we have historical records going back further then that. ;)

Posted May 18, '13 at 9:12am

mbbs112

mbbs112

171 posts

when the first first human beings came,Adam and Eve were the first human beings,Muslims and messenger of Allah

Reply to A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

You must be logged in to post a reply!