ForumsThe Tavern

Armor Games Community Activity Initiative

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 3:00am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

without people it isn't going to get very far

Of course, but do you mean raising the number of users on the site, or the number of users in the Community? We already know that only a very small fraction of the thousands of currently active users have any knowledge that the forums even exist. Even if the site itself took off tomorrow, skyrocketing in membership, the amount here would be of the same proportions that it is now; much greater in number, but still very small by comparison. It seems that there are a lot of people already on the site. Obviously, there can always be more, and that can be influenced by a number of things (ads, social media, etc). But where the current users go can also be influenced. There could be something as simple as "Want to help the site improve? Click here [link to NFS]" above the game comments. Granted, that wouldn't directly help things like the AMW, but maybe a small 'news/event banner' on the main page could, like "Win a merit in our Poetry Contest".

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:28am

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

[quote=EmperorPalpatine]Then let's figure out ways to do that instead of wasting time complaining about how crappy it is now and how much better the past was. [not to you in particular] Sure, it was great, and you can be proud/nostalgic/etc of that, but we now have a real opportunity to at least try to bring it back to or go beyond that level.[/quote]

We can do that.. or try to :P

@Emperor Palpatine

I think there are things the admins, or whoever is responsible for the site itself.. today, could do. Raising the profile of the Forums and actually integrating them with the rest of site (i.e. the games) in some form could provide a much needed kick in the gut. Basically, what you said...

But people who treat this place like an elitist enclave would have a bit of work on their hands, definitely..

I'm more pessimistic about what us users can do, aside from continuing to come here ourselves and bringing people we know onto here. And suggesting ideas on threads like these, of course...

[quote=SunPixie]Well you can try to build it up but without people it isn't going to get very far~[/quote]

Without people, it ain't going anywhere~

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:56am

ivanxxxxxxx

ivanxxxxxxx

1,155 posts

Knight

I started to take a part in the forum when quests appeared.
In the beginning it was good,but not good enough.
And now I have noticed how much the community is inactive.
A very small number of users is participating.
Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.

But I still have an optimistic view, it will be better.
I will continue to participate in the forum as much as possible.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:59am

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

That's interesting.

I haven't been around here much for the past two years, so I wouldn't know what happened. It seems this place is about as inactive as I left it, or slightly less inactive. Still, I don't get the feeling that it's dead... just hibernating..and difficult to rouse awake.

Good on ya mate

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 11:08am

xeano321

xeano321

3,136 posts

Knight

I reasonably expect you to be able to scroll down and located the AMW.

You're forgetting that we are dealing with a bunch of 13yo's who are in a big hurry and don't read anything... All they care about is getting to their forum game.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 1:46pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,547 posts

I think you guys are forgetting something, we're actually doing really well right now. Last year around this time when summer break just started many of the subforums would go a day or two without anyone posting anything in them. So in a way we're doing quite well all things considered.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 7:46pm

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

I don't wanna help out in the AMW until my MoonFairy acc is back up... Sigh. I tried to revive Jeol's thread because it has goodness but most others are gone. u_u

Wow, someone actually still cares.

I... I don't know what to say.

So, eh, this again. Personally, I don't find much reason to hang around anymore, as most people either don't know me or won't bother talking to me, and I'm too lazy of a buny to try to spark any conversation. I'm getting old, I guess. That said, and given there wasn't particularly anything exciting going on, I have proceeded to be on hiatus since, well, I don't even know when. I suppose I don't really need to tell you guys what you already know, but, basically, this place is a little boring, as far as I can tell. On a personal note, now that I'm just working, sleeping, and eating, there's not much else to do other than Internet. So sue me.

Based on my own observations, I have concluded that we're a bit dysfunctional and make more assumptions about people than words to them. Talking might help. Just a thought.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 2:59am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,075 posts

You're forgetting that we are dealing with a bunch of 13yo's who are in a big hurry and don't read anything... All they care about is getting to their forum game.

Ahem..I'll have you know xeano..I participate in the Forum Games.

And actually, most members of the Forum Games are not like this. There are some..but the ones I've been keeping tabs on are far from the sorts.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 11:31am

xeano321

xeano321

3,136 posts

Knight

Ahem..I'll have you know xeano..I participate in the Forum Games.

Isn't that funny? So do I!

And actually, most members of the Forum Games are not like this.

Forum games was merely an example and apparently everyone missed the point (it's really not that hard to see if you think about it.)

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 11:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,075 posts

Forum games was merely an example and apparently everyone missed the point (it's really not that hard to see if you think about it.)

No, I understood. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page