ForumsGamesTeam Fortress 2 Not Loading Right

9 4571
28 posts
Peasant

I just got steam so I downloaded TF2. I did not have internet connection at the time so it asked me if I wanted to start out in offline mode. I said yes but now when ever I want to play the game it always says offline mode not ready yet. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it because I just want to play my new game.

• 9 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

How did you download the game with no internet connection?

Restart steam.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

How did you download the game with no internet connection?

Thats what I was thinking

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRio_00HkGnLp3O2Zb6UbbaXEnIViBScLqFGcmF1vfU8annZz9jYw
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

You need to connect to online mode before going offline then it should work but there is no point playing TF2 by yourself because the bots are horrible and there is no storyline

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I didn't even know it was possible to play TF2 offline.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

TF2 is playable offline but you can only play with bots and can't play most maps.

28 posts
Peasant

Ok it started loading and It took three days to get to 25 percent and now it has stopped loading but it is still there. It doesn't say how many Kb's its loading anymore. I just got a new computer its the HP 2000 and is about a week old. why is this happening? how do I fix this?

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Any screenshots, Make sure you are connected to the internet.
Make sure you don't have a firewall for steam
Make sure your internet is going to always be on.
If worst comes to worst then download the game on someone elses computer to a flash drive and transfer it over to your computer. Team Fortress 2 is about 13-14 gbs so make sure you have enough space.
Just let it load and make sure steam is always on

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Doesn't Valve have tech support that might be better equipped to answer this?

blackcat1602
blackcat1602
38 posts
Shepherd

I think he is talking about the updating of the game, in this case, it was probably slow connection. But seriously though, i can't tell what he's saying because his grammar is kinda bad...

Showing 1-9 of 9