Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 12:24pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,351 posts

Administrator

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One.  Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion. :)

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 12:30pm

Loptice

Loptice

215 posts

Shouldnt the Wi U be included? By date of release its 8th gen console after all.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:11pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,351 posts

Administrator

I have added the Wii U. :)

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:22pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

After hearing about the price of the Xbox1, I'm not buying it.  $500 bucks for a system?! Then there's online, kinect, controllers, games.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:44pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,351 posts

Administrator

Isn't the Kinect included with the Xbox One? Overall I feel that PS4 just punched  the Xbox One in the gut.  Not just because of its $399 price tag, but also the ability to share/sell used copies of games, their independent game support, and the fact you don't have to be always connected to the internet.

I realize it's early to judge how things will play out, but PS4 looks like the console for me.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:59pm

joeybetz

joeybetz

107 posts

Knight

So I heard on the radio this morning an interesting talk about all this.

When the PS2 was king of the consoles, Sony thought they could get away with a $600 console. They were too confident and gamers went for the cheaper Xbox 360.

So when the 360 was king of consoles, Microsoft was also too confident and thought they could get away with DRM. It's slowly showing that it was a bad move on their part.

Gamers are smart though. Especially hardcore gamers. They're not against turning their back on a console this quickly.

That said, Microsoft showed off some better games. It will be hard to tell what does better this holiday season.

With the Wii though, Nintendo went after casual gamers. Big time. Problem is, they're "casual" gamers. They don't follow your brand or the new consoles. Only hardcore gamers do that. So with the Wii U, they're having trouble getting their footing with both the hardcore and casual gamers.

I made the choice to pre-order my PS4 and just wait on the Xbone. I prefer the stance Sony has on Indie games over Microsoft, plus it's $100 cheaper. I also like lending my games to friends and family.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 3:04pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,756 posts

PS4 is 100 dollars cheaper than the Xbone, and has more dedicated RAM to video games than both of the other consoles. PS4 is winning this generation for sure.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 3:36pm

Powmonkey

Powmonkey

1 post

Wii U!

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 4:05pm

Andrewlolman

Andrewlolman

82 posts

ummm I have all of them and I barely use them I only play them sometimes I going with the ps4

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 4:58pm

Loptice

Loptice

215 posts

ummm I have all of them and I barely use them I only play them sometimes I going with the ps4

Are you game developer or something ?

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!