Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 12:56pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

The PS3 was more expensive. And it had like zero games when it came out. It wasn't always so much better than the 360.

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 3:44pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,962 posts

The PS3 was more expensive. And it had like zero games when it came out. It wasn't always so much better than the 360.

Except the 360 is better IMO.

Also, the PS4 doesn't have nearly as many promising exclusives and yet it's a crap ton more popular.

Posted Jul 25, '13 at 1:46am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

The PS4 is more popular because

A. It's cheaper
B. Microsoft screwed up the whole DRM thing way more than their little backtracking can fix

And I don't think this

PS4 doesn't have nearly as many promising exclusives

Is true at all. Did you see their E3 presentation where they had a ton of indie games playing at the same time? The PS4 is far and away the more popular console for indies. Besides, none of the Xbone exclusives really excited me. Halo is a big pile of meh, Titanfall doesn't have single-player, Dead Rising seems to have had all the fun drained out of it.

Posted Jul 25, '13 at 7:16pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,769 posts

Titanfall

I'll be playing this on PC. Not actually an exclusive.

Posted Jul 25, '13 at 8:54pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

It's not an exclusive, but it's a distinction. A lot of people won't be PC gaming if they have a console already. Many of the PS4 indie "exclusives" might be on PC too.

Posted Jul 28, '13 at 3:01am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

With the way Steam and PS is going, PC users and PS users might end up being able to play the same games cross platform. They almost did it with CS:GO but they had a few problems. Steam can already connect to the PS3 if you have Portal 2 so I don't doubt that Steam and Sony will be collaborating in the near future.

Microsoft has always been restricted its like Ipod vs Mp3 player
An Mp3 player can easily share music on different computers and download what you want and manage playlists
An Ipod can do the same thing except you have to jump through hoops to do it and you are very limited.

I prefer not having limits

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 3:39pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Yeah, but did they act like absolute jerks to their fans ("What if we don't have constant internet access?" "Yeah, we got a great console for that, it's called an Xbox 360") until they had no choice but to change? Did they make it more expensive just because they felt a need for a mandatory camera that adds almost nothing (considering the PS4 has gyroscopes in the controller). When Sony's biggest exclusive got wanted to try something new and quit that franchise (speaking as an "if" now) did they trust one of their biggest prizes to a game company that had never made a single game?

Microsoft doesn't act like jerks to their fans, I like change, why are the PS4's gyroscopes even relevant, and, by the way, 343 Industries did great with Halo 4. Besides, have you even SEEN the Xbox One exclusive, Project Spark? Now that's a great game.

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 5:07pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Microsoft doesn't act like jerks to their fans

Sorry, this is demonstrably false. Their policies were the equivalent of telling everyone without internet access and/or in unsupported countries to go **** themselves, and with an XBox 360 while they were at it.

why are the PS4's gyroscopes even relevant

No argument there. I'd say the touch pad thingy is just as irrelevant since we're at it.

343 Industries did great with Halo 4.

They pumped out a formulaic episode for a generic franchise past its own relevance. If that's your standard for "doing great", your life must be a freaking roller coaster of excitement.

Project Spark? Now that's a great game.

We don't know that yet. I'd have said the same thing about Spore before it turned out to be a dumbed-down piece of crap.

Though from what I've seen of Project Spark, it looks more like a set of tools than a game. It's certainly a remarkable job, to make a good set of tools that inspires player-driven content, but it's also real easy to just sit back and do nothing while your game's content is made by the community at no expense of your own, isn't it?
Call me old-fashioned, but I kind of like my games to be made with some sort of purpose, and by professional game designers.

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 7:55pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,962 posts

Well, I have mixed feelings in saying that I'm going for Xbox One. At first I was pretty upset about it but now I'm satisfied. Why? Exclusives, Titanfall mostly (yes it's on PC but it wouldn't look as good [for us], we couldn't play it when we wanted to and I much prefer it to be on a console to a keyboard being an FPS), also Forza and (for my brother MUCH more so than me) Halo (at least they [I'm talking to you CoD] actually came out and said that they made mistakes and they'll do better next time) and I could have sworn another game or two.

Other reasons? Servers, Respawn Studios (I.E. creators of Titanfall) said that the PS4 couldn't handle it because of inferior cloud capabilities. There's  also them setting up a giant server for games (except [presumably] for games that want dedicated servers), which (quoting someone from Respawn) "gives us more time to work on the game since we don't have to worry about setting up servers". And there's also the highly convenient matchmaking tool which sets you up with people of similar skill/experience in said game and allows you to switch to youtube or whatever whilst it looks and gives you a notification when it's found (an) appropriate server(s).

Project Spark? Now that's a great game.

They could have done allot better, there aren't enough options (from what can be told), so far it's the same gametype, no setting up story lines or even changing the genre, it's just setting up the battlefield for battles against the same enemies using the same weapons at an annoying camera view of a few hundred feet in the air.

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 12:04am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I much prefer it to be on a console to a keyboard being an FPS

Using a console controller with your PC is easy as pie. I do it all the time.

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!