ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159506
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

At least Nintendo has variety, and it'll sound good no matter what era it is.

Yeah you just needed to add that to the end of the massage right ?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Majora's Mask, FTW. Until they can make a game even as half as dark as that one, or as epic as OoT, I won't but a console for a new Zelda.

Plus, THE MUSIC IS THE BEST GAME MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD IN THE HISTORY OF EVER AND EVER! AND THEN SOME!

In my opinion Skyward Sword is the most epic Zelda game ever. The music was fantastic too. I was really surprised when I picked it up after going through my rage with Twilight Princess. But another dark or epic Zelda title would be awesome regardless.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda as far as I'm concerned. It's dark, it's original, it's artsy and emotional. It's the only 3D Zelda since OoT that didn't feel like a retread of OoT.

And OoT isn't even the best Zelda. Every 3D Zelda since it came out is better than it IMO.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Yeah you just needed to add that to the end of the massage right ?

Uhh...I guess i could've done without it, but you through some random comments supporting your console of choice, and u don't see me saying anything.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I wish this thread had "vs PC" appended to it, because it's totally an option right now.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm going to be a Nintendo fanboy right now so forgive me(although I won't go nuts and insult the other consules like the usual Nintendo fans).

Wii U not a strong consule right now(mostly with its lack of games) but I do believe that it can come back from that deep hole and start building a tower. I also think that the console has the most interesting controller, I mean c'mon, you gotta admit that the controller is pretty unique in its special way.

But I'm mostly voting for the Wii U because of Zelda and Smash Bros.(and maybe the Mario 3D Land) After all, consoles were made for games.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It's unique, but that doesn't necessarily mean good. I've played some games with it and every single time it strikes me as more of a hassle than it's worth. Nintendo is simply trying to fix something that was never broken. I've yet to see games that justify the GamePad.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It's unique, but that doesn't necessarily mean good.

I never said it was good or not, all I said was that it is unique.

I've played some games with it and every single time it strikes me as more of a hassle than it's worth.

Blaming the console for what the games did? Wouldn't that be the game's fault not the console? And tell me what games did you play?

Nintendo is simply trying to fix something that was never broken.

That made no sense. So if they're fixing something that was never broken that would mean that they're either making it better or adjusting something that was cool from the beginning.

And don't forget that was my opinion you were just arguing about so why would you try to change it? If everyone's were the same that would be boring.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

you gotta admit that the controller is pretty unique in its special way.
Sorry to crash your party.

Blaming the console for what the games did?

Um, yes, because they paid the devs to make it an exclusive.

That made no sense. So if they're fixing something that was never broken that would mean that they're either making it better or adjusting something that was cool from the beginning.

The Gamecube was cool, but it all went down hill after that.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The Gamecube was cool, but it all went down hill after that.

On the contrary, not everything went downhill, the motion control on Skyward Sword, for example, actually led to it being given a 10 (with a 9 in music, but 10 in everything else) on ign.

Except for this one 8.8 (see tvtropes), it was highly praised.

Its gameplay is amazing because unless most games, you aren't limited to jabs, horizantal, and vertical slashes, you have left-to-right, right-to-left, topleft-to-bottomright . . .

It is expected that the next game will follow a similar scheme, taking advantage of the wiimote+nunchunk control still availible on the wii u.

Basically, skyward sword=awesome, and if they do as well with the next one, I will probably pick up a wii-u

~~~Darth Caedus
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I never said it was good or not, all I said was that it is unique.

You presented uniqueness as a positive.

Blaming the console for what the games did? Wouldn't that be the game's fault not the console?
Look, a console is only as good as the games it gets. You can't have theoretical amazing capabilities for a console if they never come to fruition. Just look at the Kinect. It's revolutionary stuff, unlike anything we've ever seen before - and the best we've done with it so far are dance games.

If the controls can't be implemented in a way that's interesting, then they were a bad idea to begin with. Simple as. Nintendo keeps making up new features just for the sake of novelty, but then the games just aren't there. Same story as the Wii. This is pointless gimmickry.

No, that means they're needlessly screwing with things. Messing with controllers almost never means an improvement, but creating unneeded complication.

Take apart a TV that's already working and mess around with its components - tell me afterwards if you've "adjusted" it or made it unusable.

And don't forget that was my opinion you were just arguing about so why would you try to change it?

...have you ever heard of this new thing called a forum? Where you discuss things? We're kind of in one right now.

Besides, what good is an opinion if nobody can change it? That's not being opinionated, that's just being stubborn. You can't just hide behind a veil of "that's my opinion and you gotta respect it", that's a cop-out. Difference of opinion is good not for its own sake, but because it means people can convince you of other things, if you're sufficiently open-minded.
Through argument.
Which is what I was doing.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

On the contrary, not everything went downhill, the motion control on Skyward Sword, for example, actually led to it being given a 10 (with a 9 in music, but 10 in everything else) on ign.
I hate to break it to you, son, but mainstream critics' scores aren't worth the pixels they're displayed on. Sites like GameSpot and IGN are as gutless and corporate as they come.

Mainstream videogame journalism is utter **** and you'd do well to ignore it, as well as the Metacritic nonsense that comes with it, and just have your own opinion. And find some niche websites and reliable critics.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I wish this thread had "vs PC" appended to it, because it's totally an option right now.

Consoles have the same parts, while PCs are way too varied. There are 4000 dollar death machines and humble 600 dollar laptops.

Wii U not a strong consule right now(mostly with its lack of games)

Also with its lack of power. The Wii U can contend with the current gen, but it's way behind on the next gen in terms of hardware. Not to mention its lack of third party support.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Consoles have the same parts, while PCs are way too varied. There are 4000 dollar death machines and humble 600 dollar laptops.
But it's still a platform. You can always compare consoles to PCs in terms of price to performance, or game library. They're absolutely viable discussions.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sorry to crash your party.

Ok fine the Wii U has the most unique console based controller.

You presented uniqueness as a positive.

Yes and you also said it was unique, which is what I was basically doing. Like I said before, I never said that the controller was good, I mean c'mon everyone knows that the Wii U controller isn't the best but isn't necessarily the worst.

Besides, what good is an opinion if nobody can change it? That's not being opinionated, that's just being stubborn. You can't just hide behind a veil of "that's my opinion and you gotta respect it", that's a cop-out. Difference of opinion is good not for its own sake, but because it means people can convince you of other things, if you're sufficiently open-minded.
Through argument.
Which is what I was doing.

It was pretty obvious that my opinion wasn't going to change. Because I did throw in this little detail at the beginning:

I'm going to be a Nintendo fanboy right now so forgive me

That pretty much meant that I was going to vote for Nintendo and nothing else, no matter what you're going to bring up or say.

And the use of an opinion is to express about it. Not argue about opinions that will most likely never change. Besides how many times has your opinion changed? I bet its not even over 10.

Unless there was something wrong in my opinion, I don't necessarily see a reason to argue about it.

Not to mention its lack of third party support.

I never actually cared much about 3rd party to tell the truth. 1st party just always seemed so much better for some reason.
Showing 226-240 of 400