ForumsGamesAbout that new Halo trailer...

8 2449
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Does anyone have any ideas or clue/hints as to what is up with that new Halo trailer? I really wanted to know what that weird bird/angel-like Forerunner thing is. And I also wanted to know why Master Chief has on a cloak, why his visor is cracked, and why when some giant Forerunner robot looks like it's about to kill him, he just looks at it like it's nothing. Does he have another ability that he unlocked, or is there an incineration cannon under that cloak of his? I have no idea, and a few clues/hints would be appreciated.

• 8 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I have no idea what happened in halo reach or halo 4 so I have no idea what the plot is in halo 5 but it looks weird to say the least.

Link here for those who haven't seen it.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I was going to link to the Halo sticky...but it's gone. RIP Halo thread 2013.

As for the trailer, he's holding what looks like the storage unit thing that he usually puts in his helmet for Cortana. So it's basically Halo 3 all over again: Let's go save Cortana! Except this will be way worse than Halo 3.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I was thinking that it was going to be like Halo 3 where we have to save Cortana again, but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. But if 343 wants to try and remake the plot of Halo 3 and call it Halo 5, let them. Destiny looks more interesting to me at this point. And 343 still hasn't explained why the Covenant are evil again.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

And 343 still hasn't explained why the Covenant are evil again.

They are extremists. They still worship the Forerunners as gods and trust in The Great Journey.

But if 343 wants to try and remake the plot of Halo 3 and call it Halo 5, let them.

That's certainly not it, given the whole giant Forerunner.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

someone at my school said stuff to make it be cooler but...
1. it ain't that go of a trailer (my opinion)
2. it's on the xbox 1.

i guess that hes trying get cortana by walking thought a desert with a clock on with no wepons... sounds like a good game to me (not really)

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

i guess that hes trying get cortana by walking thought a desert with a clock

First, that's not a clock, it's Cortana's AI chip. Second, you make a good point, and I agree. But please, next time, use better grammar.
ControllerX
ControllerX
4 posts
Nomad

Was he holding dog tags? did anyone see what the said? If so please telli have sort of bad eyesight

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Was he holding dog tags? did anyone see what the said? If so please telli have sort of bad eyesight

...Read the post above yours.

First, that's not a clock, it's Cortana's AI chip.

not a clock, it's Cortana's AI chip

it's Cortana's AI chip

Cortana's AI chip
Showing 1-8 of 8