ForumsThe TavernI came back to check if it got better.

64 12875
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I am disappointed.

• 64 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know its funny really... he just says that he's disappointed and leaves without an explanation what about he's dissapointed. Then we start this conversation on what exactly he's disappointed about without any answer from him.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

^ Hush R2. Let's just keep talking and keep this thread alive until we DO get an answer from it. xD

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

There were quite a few while you were gone.

Although most of 'em are fix'd, the one where the first post on a new page doesn't appear is back. At least the adbots are mostly gone.

CIRCLES
ALL YOU GUYS DO IS SPIN

I thought that was Fox News and records.

so suck on that.

With pleasure.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

My concern hinges less on whether it got better, and more on whether that bad taste in my mouth has faded away.

Just need a bit more mouthwash.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Disappointed about what? That the admins are working with users to create a better environment for us? That glitches are declining incredibly thanks to new admins? That with the destruction of AP spam is has declined by 80%? You have entirely to high standards.

With Ferret, I will have to say that at least someone is doing work around here.
But you never know how long it is going to last.
We all thought corymn or however you spell his name was gonna last forever and completely change our Community. Which resulted in a sort of revolt, at least from those of us still around from older times, I guess. Sure, he did a lot to try and move AG in a direction, not necessarily a good one, but he did quite a bit while he was here. I guess the new admins/mods learned a bit from that encounter.

I want a list of all the glitches that existed. I keep hearing about how thanks to this new community/era thing has gotten rid of a lot of glitches but from my experience, there weren't a whole lot to begin with. Someone told me that a lot happened while I was gone, but no specifics. So please, give me examples and proof.

Destruction of AP sounds a bit harsh. I happened to love the AP system. I was accused of comment whoring to get AP, but considering I got 2 merits from my game comments and I had dozens of friends I regularly communicated with via comments that just so happened to count for more AP than forum commenting.... Anyways. It hurts to know that if I ever get my MoonFairy acc back I'll never be a gold queen. :'( Eternally stuck at silver. u_u

oh and also
You have entirely to high standards.

too*

Kudos to Emperor for music.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

With Ferret, I will have to say that at least someone is doing work around here.
But you never know how long it is going to last.

It wasn't just Ferret, boppins fixed a lot of the sites glitches and keeps the site very clean of them as we speak.

And personally, I think that Ferret will do a great job at managing the community. And even if he leaves, AGCAI will work to get the forums back and running again. After all, AGCAI does consist of regular users who care about the site enough to refurbish it's activity if it hits a wall. That's a pretty powerful thing. So in a way, AGCAI is a community managing... community. I couldn't think of anything other then community. :P

Destruction of AP sounds a bit harsh. I happened to love the AP system. I was accused of comment whoring to get AP, but considering I got 2 merits from my game comments and I had dozens of friends I regularly communicated with via comments that just so happened to count for more AP than forum commenting.... Anyways. It hurts to know that if I ever get my MoonFairy acc back I'll never be a gold queen. :'( Eternally stuck at silver. u_u

You and I both. But with AP gone, the system is in a way, more fair to everyone. There are no more armatar restrictions, spam declines, and it shows that points don't determine how important you are. Personally, having the title "Gold King", while it's faltering, doesn't refine my experience on the site. I've known about AG ever since I was in the 2nd grade, which was around the time "Armor Games" launched (more like Armor Games found it's title, it was originally called something else). I've played games on this site for almost 6 years, and it was a great childhood memory. Helping the community feels like giving something back.

In a way it does hurt to see the old AG change into something new, but it still has the same appeal! A great, family friendly place to play games with moderate blood shed on occasions. I have to say though, I am proud of the progress that is being made on AG. Which is why I think that everything being done is the momentum needed to put AG back on the map, metaphorically speaking.

too*

Thank you!
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Personally, having the title "Gold King", while it's faltering...

I hate it when I make typo's...

*flattering
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

"There are more members interacting with each other!" Yeah both of you active forum goers are talking enough.

Of course it didn't get better. AG is still basically lame right now. Yes, there was improvement but nothing major. Still in the same tier, you know?

I'm on my phone so I'll be brief, but to be topical: losing the AP system to quests is horrible. I hate quests a lot. They are actually, in a somewhat roundabout fashion, one of the main reasons I've taken to being so cranky and unpleasant. I heard whispers of adding community quests to encourage forum activity. If that happens I'll have to just retire this account for good.

Contributing positively to the community: I'm thinking of going on AMW and proving once again that I'm the only person capable of running a prose contest.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking of going on AMW and proving once again that I'm the only person capable of running a prose contest.

Arrogant yet somehow helpful, the definition of Xzeno!

Minotaur.....

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know who you are talking about besides Ferret. I see how the AP thing is good that it is gone, but it also took away a lot of people. There are just a lot of quests and I don't feel like paying much attention to them... I would like to achieve all of the quests, but some of them are just not up my alley.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

losing the AP system to quests is horrible.

Why? I mean it is good and bad I think. It is much better at telling you how active one is with the games on AG. You can see if they just play a bit of the game (easy quests) or all of the game (hard quests). It is a much better than the AP system of just rating the games, which was easy to take advantage of.
However, quests are horrible for judging how you participate in the community. Now how to judge how good someone is in the community is hard. Do you guy by post amount? Well someone could just spam and get there post count up there. Do you do a democratic voting system? Someone might have good ideas but just get down voted to oblivion because people don't agree with them. It is a tricky situation, especially with a small community.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Well for one thing, all of the quest markers on the profile are a smidge tacky. They are just so big and take up a lot of space.
I don't see a perfect system of juding how active someone is in the community coming any time soon. Normally it's just by post count, but usually if you have a high post count, people in the community recognize you. If they don't, then they'll be reported to a mod for spam. But usually just staying active is enough to prove your worth.
Sure the AP system was thwarted by rating games or commenting a lot, but that could've been fixed by upping the amount of AP you get for participating in the community and lowering the amount of AP you got for commenting. You would have seen a lot more people participating here, but that would've brought a butt load of spam. There is always a downfall to everything. Yin Yang, bro.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Why? I mean it is good and bad I think. It is much better at telling you how active one is with the games on AG. You can see if they just play a bit of the game (easy quests) or all of the game (hard quests). It is a much better than the AP system of just rating the games, which was easy to take advantage of.
However, quests are horrible for judging how you participate in the community. Now how to judge how good someone is in the community is hard. Do you guy by post amount? Well someone could just spam and get there post count up there. Do you do a democratic voting system? Someone might have good ideas but just get down voted to oblivion because people don't agree with them. It is a tricky situation, especially with a small community.

I dislike the current system. Let AP farmers do what they want; AP encouraged posting in the Forums TACE. It might not result in well-thought out posts, but they were enough to get things going.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I don't see a perfect system of juding how active someone is in the community coming any time soon.

Short of a layered chart showing posts over time spent in the community section over time on AG and then scoring that somehow, idk.

You would have seen a lot more people participating here, but that would've brought a butt load of spam.

Spam is quickly discouraged here. Usually a single warning is plenty to end it. With that simple restriction enforced, it's a lot more productive than most sites. Maybe more mods would be needed to quell the torrent, but it could work.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I think we shouldn't set our expectations too high. When the community was going great, it was because we had a good set of people united by a common purpose. The emergence of a fairly robust community on this site was a pretty fortuitous thing to happen, in my opinion. It was great while it lasted.

Still, we shouldn't settle for mediocrity. So I'll tolerate some overdramatic whinging.

I'm on my phone so I'll be brief, but to be topical: losing the AP system to quests is horrible. I hate quests a lot.

I know you hate quests, but could you remind me why you do? :P I personally don't care that much about quests, although I think Kongregate has been doing them better for a long time. Six years already.

And you know very well that state of Kongregate's community. Haa haa.

But I will agree with you that quests for community activity will ruin things immeasurably. It would be horrific.

I don't see a perfect system of juding how active someone is in the community coming any time soon.

Don't think you need a new one. I always felt post count coupled with account longevity filled most of that space. A lot of other things come on a need-to-know basis.

I dislike the current system. Let AP farmers do what they want; AP encouraged posting in the Forums TACE. It might not result in well-thought out posts, but they were enough to get things going.

You might be right, but the people who were more concerned with racking up AP to the point where they posted rubbish, really put me off. Is it worth getting things going if the intention of making discussion is secondary to amassing some currency of imaginary points? I know people are open to changing their minds, but I've always felt that quality should be favored over quantity.

Short of a layered chart showing posts over time spent in the community section over time on AG and then scoring that somehow, idk.

That would just be making incentives out of thin air. People should spend time on here because they want to use the forums, not stroke their own egos by wasting the most time on here.

Making little tidbits and gizmos while neglecting the real point of the experience.. bleh. It's like polishing a turd.

--

On a side note, I am ambivalent about how it feels as if I've missed nothing on here. I kinda hoped more would have happened, but it's good to know most of us who've been hanging around for the past 3-5 years are doing alright. Yay
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well actually I feel it is important to mention why I hate quests. Two main reasons. One, because no one told me it was going to happen so I could spam my way to gold king. Now I can't get those quests. And I'm butthurt. Really butthurt.

Two, the quests erroneously display the ranks as silver, not iron. This makes me really angry. Not so much just the fact, but I find the administration's handling of the matter to be childish and disgusting.

The reason I complained about community quests is I might accidentally get them. When I hated quests when they appeared, I resolved to never get any of them and somehow twist that into proof that I was better than other people. If community quests were a thing, I'd have to make an alt.

That's another problem with quests I feel. They make me feel a bit violated. Like, I didn't want one, the game just sprung it on me and stuck it to my profile while I wasn't looking.

Knight, does your presence here mean CT has finally been given the dignity of death, or is it still limping along?

Showing 16-30 of 64