ForumsThe TavernI came back to check if it got better.

64 12877
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I am disappointed.

• 64 Replies
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

So, the question here is this: has it gotten better, Bluydee, or are you still disappointed?

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

alexis does nooooooooot get on. no way. she would've told me :'(

pang you're new hush

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I sort of left TC again and the "tiffandjorge"thing. I dunno I just feel like it's just them two together and its awkward and i'm ignored so yeah. I already left before that but I came back to it and I didn't bother to go back again.
JP is having some personal ish right now so I don't think he'll go without persuading. Urn is on CT always so he'd probs be at TC too.
Xzeno and pang are butt buddies.
GRATS TO TIFF TIFF DOE

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I don't know? You never visit or text anyways :'( CT is having a semi party, come join us. TC wasn't really. We got back on during the year but idk what went down after I left again and then they stayed on for the remainder of the year I guess.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

what number are you?? I HAVE TWO OF YOUR NAME IN MY PHONE WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait, pang's at CT now? lolwut

Blame Xzeno

Xzeno and pang are butt buddies.

Don't tell Xzeno =p
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Sorry jeol sorry sorry T_T

pang xzeno knows. he knoooooows

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

pang xzeno knows. he knoooooows

http://cdn.themonolith.com/wp-content/uploads/Queen-so-it-begins.jpg

*runs towards Xzeno*
Xzeeeeennnnnnnooooooooooooo =3
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

What is wrong with them being listed as silver?

Frankly, Wood, Iron, Gold makes just as little sense as Wood, Silver, Gold.

The issue is that the ranks were iron. They were at no point silver. The ranks were iron and the quests do not accurately reflect that. It's arbitrary, but it was one way and not the other. Why change it? No one has ever answered that. The administration failed utterly to address the question when I raised it, despite posting a few times on the thread. I just asked a question and it became like pulling teeth, and I still don't have an answer.

People wonder why the community is in such a sorry state, but with that level of incompetence and anti-consumer activity in the area of support, how could you expect it to be otherwise?

Pang's on CT? I summoned him there once because I did have something he wanted me to explain. Then our schedules matched so we talked a bit. I didn't know he stayed for general CT. I haven't been on much I guess.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Xzeno, even the help page listed them as silver, they were listed as iron only on the badges themselves, iirc.

What is CT anyway? (or is it confidential outside pms)

~~~Darth Caedus

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Pang's on CT? I summoned him there once because I did have something he wanted me to explain. Then our schedules matched so we talked a bit. I didn't know he stayed for general CT. I haven't been on much I guess.

He's been around a little bit. He was on yesterday for a little while.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well actually I feel it is important to mention why I hate quests. Two main reasons. One, because no one told me it was going to happen so I could spam my way to gold king. Now I can't get those quests. And I'm butthurt. Really butthurt.

Two, the quests erroneously display the ranks as silver, not iron. This makes me really angry.

First I saw Xzeno's mentioning of the, albeit slight, boost in community activity as a paraphrased "trifling". Then I saw this. I have to admit I chuckled.

So it's not because of the elements of the quests, how they are presented, the classes of quests, hell, even the blunt fact that it's inspired from Kongregate, but because of how a difficulty of quest is named and you couldn't break a fundamental gear grinder in Internet policy to grab threshold quests? It hilariously conveys the imagery of a Civil War veteran in the 21-first century ranting about the upgrade from horse-and-buggy to automobile with headlights and about how the Good ol' Days were better (psychologically, the Good ol' Days seem better to those who reminisce about it, though they forget most parts of said eras that they either didn't witness or force upon themselves to stamp it out of their minds).

That's another problem with quests I feel. They make me feel a bit violated. Like, I didn't want one, the game just sprung it on me and stuck it to my profile while I wasn't looking.

Just like other features!

As a follow-up to my previous comment, I've pretty much decided to not run any sort of prose contest in AMW. I can't think of a good follow-up to the twiction contest that would actually involve merit prizes.

You don't have to lead, but you can always follow. Stimulate forum activity--Participate in an AMW thread today! Man, I'm good with propaganda slogans.

...or any other thread for that matter.

SINCE WHEN HAS VOIDY BEEN BACK?

You must have forgotten that Voidy is a less-romantic Patrick Swayze and drifts along in the twilight to fight spam in a ghostly fashion.

The issue is that the ranks were iron. They were at no point silver. The ranks were iron and the quests do not accurately reflect that. It's arbitrary, but it was one way and not the other. Why change it? No one has ever answered that. The administration failed utterly to address the question when I raised it, despite posting a few times on the thread. I just asked a question and it became like pulling teeth, and I still don't have an answer.

I hear in the cybernetic world of ArmorGames, the names of Iron and Silver on badges users receive when passing through a threshold held such controversial stances (even in the faces of moderators who placed such opinions of their own on their profile wall) that the administration has taken a major foot forward in their system updates, since 2007, the names magically has no discernible effects on anything users obtain :O

People wonder why the community is in such a sorry state, but with that level of incompetence and anti-consumer activity in the area of support, how could you expect it to be otherwise?

Because names and obscure trifles have an instrumental impact on the apathy and ability of several hundred community members, right?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

So it's not because of the elements of the quests [...]

...huh. I feel like you, uh, missed something. You should, uh, well, I don't know what to tell you man. I like, explain what I don't like about quests and then...

It's just weird when you post something, and then someone responds by going "No, what you just said!"

You don't have to lead, but you can always follow.
So the question becomes: can anyone else run a good prose contest? Was mine even good (it was categorically not meant to be)? I'd be thrilled if someone was willing to take up the mantle of competence. But it just isn't there. AG has always had a few smatterings of poetry contests, but nothing has really solidified in the area of prose. Not to say that the poetry contests were always ideal in their implementation (if anyone cares to read my really long rant against the haiku contest, just look at the twiction contest), but those have always sort of existed. The main poetry contest is not without problems, which I think are the causal factors preventing good prose contests from existing. But maybe I'll talk about that some other time.

By the way, I'm speaking frankly about these matters because that's the entire purpose of this thread.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It's just weird when you post something, and then someone responds by going "No, what you just said!"

It's kind of important to actually state these instead of pouting about the name and spam fest, considering none of which was mentioned in your posts on this thread. I'm no mind reader, but I'm sure good at spotting trivial matters that do not elevate a thing. However, if you did state something aside from these two things, be sure to point them out, because these contacts do not do their jobs correctly.

If the return of some older-registered users is geniune, quite a few could run a decent Prose contest. The judge needs: enlistees, good judgmental skills, actual experience with Prose and Prose elements. Even if one were a great judge, one still needs people to participate, which is a glaring problem, part of which is the people who leave indefinitely, though a shift of blame won't solve the source.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I got kicked from CT when I cleared my cookies. Haven't bothered going back.

Showing 46-60 of 64