ForumsThe TavernI came back to check if it got better.

64 12879
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I am disappointed.

• 64 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Totally understandable, Xzeno. You do a good job of keeping the controversy at the forefront... The ranks still being listed as silver discomforts me.

Although I have to admit, some people won't really get Xzeno being Xzeno. Heheh.

Knight, does your presence here mean CT has finally been given the dignity of death, or is it still limping along?

I've been neglecting it for a while, but I believe the others still come on. I usually get all my pressing work done way after most of them go to sleep, so there isn't much point in bothering with the room.

In short, it's still limping along.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Somewhat like AG then?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Kind of.. the chat's only ever been the same dozen or so people coming on.. But they still frequent it.

I suppose most of us there would gladly return to AG, if our interest was actually piqued.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well that's okay. I'm sure it will bleed out soon enough.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Minotaur.....

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm talking about family! .... *cries*

I dislike the current system. Let AP farmers do what they want; AP encouraged posting in the Forums TACE. It might not result in well-thought out posts, but they were enough to get things going.

Well this might be a AGCAI post, but if you dislike the current system you should talk to Ferret and the other admins and see if they would consider the possibility of coming up with a new system. Personally I think that the current system is great. Posts are made by people who know what they are talking about, spam is mostly gone, spending you're time on this website as it is now is a much better way to calculate the amount of peoples expectations and ideas of the website as appose to dealing with "AP Farming". It's a good system if you ask me. Needs a little more excitement, yes, but I like it.

If the threads were about more exciting subjects I'm sure more posts will be made, and people would actually care to make posts.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

If the threads were about more exciting subjects I'm sure more posts will be made, and people would actually care to make posts.

What do you suggest would be an exciting subject for a thread? =P
Is it our lack of creativity to blame for the non-activity? Because, I think it's more like the laziness of newer people to post. Or maybe the forums isn't that pretty to look at?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Posts are made by people who know what they are talking about,

...we must be on different forums.

As a follow-up to my previous comment, I've pretty much decided to not run any sort of prose contest in AMW. I can't think of a good follow-up to the twiction contest that would actually involve merit prizes.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Kind of.. the chat's only ever been the same dozen or so people coming on.. But they still frequent it.

Good to hear that the thing is still getting along.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I was most surprised by the leader board disappearing, that was strange.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

The reason I complained about community quests is I might accidentally get them. When I hated quests when they appeared, I resolved to never get any of them and somehow twist that into proof that I was better than other people

I felt similarly about merits, to be honest. I donated all mine to the Community Merit Fund, which is something that I think only existed in my own mind. Its not like Haiku merits ever even counted, anyway.

I've pretty much decided to not run any sort of prose contest

Well I guess I'll have to figure out something else to do this summer then... Maybe some recreational arson? I've heard good things about arson.

I'd express my opinions on the state of the forum, but I never have really put that much long term thought into it. Its more of a day to day thing. "Is AG interesting today?" "Nope" "oh okay". And then I go about my life until I am compelled to check it again, or post something of my own.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Totally understandable, Xzeno. You do a good job of keeping the controversy at the forefront... The ranks still being listed as silver discomforts me.
What is wrong with them being listed as silver?

Frankly, Wood, Iron, Gold makes just as little sense as Wood, Silver, Gold.

Unfortunately, most of the quests are too easy, even the hard ones, I have easily completed all the quests on every game I have played since they got introduced.

~~~Darth Caedus
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I am very very excited to see some old usernames around now~
skater did you ever even leave or do you just always lurk?

a dozen people visit CT? jigga what? its always pH, urn, and nowadays frank. alt drops by too. oh and our beloved pissums. and xzeno... thats about 6. am i missing the other half dozen?

now everything will be perfect if TC revives itself too woohoo~

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

am i missing the other half dozen?

Voidy, Knight, Alex I think.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

SINCE WHEN HAS VOIDY BEEN BACK????
ah i feel bad i forgot to text him back like a year ago oh shoot forgive me voidy

knight was on one day when i dropped by but i didnt think he stayed.

who is alex

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

s always pH, urn, and nowadays frank. alt drops by too. oh and our beloved pissums. and xzeno

Voidy, Knight, Alex* I think.

and pang

*Alextigerspice, I believe
Showing 31-45 of 64