Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Are your posts getting cut off?

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 2:19pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

Looking around some of the forum threads, I noticed in the WEPR topic (avoid page 2 on) evolution had a series in 3 posts by wflag because his post got cut off.

The reason for this phenomena, to the best of my knowledge, stems from the site's blocking of html code, so when a person includes greater than and less than signs, the block interprets this as html, and subsequently, deletes it.

Below this is a sentence with some random signs on each end, saying, in effect, that it is an example.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 2:29pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I just use the codes for them. That's what you're supposed to use on websites, anyways.

Just use '& l t ;' and '& g t ;' without spaces or quotation marks.
< >

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 2:59pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

The cause are the symbols Jeol has at the bottom of his post...which I suspect was cut off. Just don't use them and you're fine.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 3:02pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

._.
>.>
.-.

Nope. I used the codes.

Which is why the symbols showed.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 5:36pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

Which makes sense, since I'm assuming they just have a regex running over every new post to check for html tags.

Still, the thing doesn't seem very well thought out in general, which is why posts keep getting cut off.

>_>

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 6:36pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

what does < even do?

I am talking about when you enclose a post in greater than and lesser than signs, because it erases everything between the pair.

An example is some people put emoticons that utilize these signs on each side of their post, greater first, then lesser.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 7:45pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

what does < even do?

That is a beginning tag in HTML, just like []'s are beginning tags in BBCode.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 7:48pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

That is a beginning tag in HTML, just like []'s are beginning tags in BBCode.

That is actually & l t.

I know about html, I use it on my profile.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 1:01am

wflag10

wflag10

1,242 posts

Actaully, I don't know why my second post in that thread got cut off, their were no greater or less signs in it after I fixed my post.

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 1:27am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

Actaully, I don't know why my second post in that thread got cut off, their were no greater or less signs in it after I fixed my post.

Interesting, another thing is causing this problem.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to Are your posts getting cut off?

You must be logged in to post a reply!