Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Supreme Court's 5-4 Decision to Strike DoMA Provision

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 8:26pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

However, those of us who are single and forever alone are still being discriminated against.

Luls. I agree with you though. I wouldn't argue against benefits for people with kids, single, homosexual, or heterosexual, but providing benefits to two people simply because they're together? That's dumb.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 8:32pm

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

I don't think the government should be involved in marriage AT ALL

I don't think the government should be involved in a lot of things, marriage included
#GoSnowden

Luls. I agree with you though. I wouldn't argue against benefits for people with kids, single, homosexual, or heterosexual, but providing benefits to two people simply because they're together? That's dumb.

I think its a tax break or something?

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 9:23pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

If I wanted to marry my dog, I'm sure they'd allow it, and allow marriage benefits.

Your dog can't give informed consent like a human.

They want to degrade mankind.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1014075_588523291192886_1514711145_n.jpg

Who the heck wants to marry someone of their same gender?!

People attracted to the same sex obviously.

So many people fall into it just because they want special treatment.

It's not special treatment, it's equal treatment. The treatment to marry the person they love and who loves them in return. The treatment to not have to fear prosecution for being who they are.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UOgK5bitaEo/UVby6l2VCdI/AAAAAAAAAFc/_A4FtZAJyG0/s1600/582181_203757856402295_156138117830936_344968_1298721002_n.jpg

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 6:42am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

148 posts

Its fantastic news.  Almost good enough to make you forget that the day before, the supreme court struck down the voting rights act.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 7:51am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

sensible news from the usa. =0 thats been a while.. good to see it's still a possibility. 

I'm glad gay couples are obtaining the same rights as straight couples - because equality is good and all. However, those of us who are single and forever alone are still being discriminated against.

ive been thinking the same thing for a long while.
the only reason i got married was for those benefits. at 1st we didn't want to.

#GoSnowden

i heard from a reliable source that when they get him. allot more files will be leaked by his 9 still unknown companions.
i hope we wont see them and that snowden will be free to show the usa's real face for a longer time.
the best thing about him is that he wont leak private information of people. only how they have gotten this information.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 11:26am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

One step forward....

And down in Texas hur..StandWithWendy....

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 5:04pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I'm happy to see this law is repealed. I'm sad that there is still a social stigma.

on a semi-related matter, I live next to two different homosexual couples in texas. they are nice people, and the children of both couples are just as messed up as children of any straight couple ('bout the normal level). they are nice neighbors, and I loved spending time with them.

the people who are still opposed to gay marriage (radical fundamentalist christians) should watch these 2 videos(some offensive language):

video 1

and 2

-Blade

Posted Jun 28, '13 at 11:13am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

This is wrong; this won't happen.

I wonder how many people made that same statement concerning Homosexuals...

It's not special treatment, it's equal treatment. The treatment to marry the person they love and who loves them in return.

I'm all for getting rid of discrimination, but... Am I alone in this thinking, or is a man marrying a man just kind of weird? I mean, really really think about it... It's just weird, unnatural.

Posted Jun 28, '13 at 12:23pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

Am I alone in this thinking, or is a man marrying a man just kind of weird? I mean, really really think about it... It's just weird, unnatural.

Marriage itself is unnatural, a manmade ritual done for cultural and legal purposes.

Posted Jun 28, '13 at 2:05pm

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

I'm all for getting rid of discrimination, but... Am I alone in this thinking, or is a man marrying a man just kind of weird? I mean, really really think about it... It's just weird, unnatural.

I don't mind homosexuals marrying, but yeah. Its kinda weird, I don't care who you are we've all had that thought run though our mind. Society's labeled it that way

Marriage itself is unnatural, a manmade ritual done for cultural and legal purposes.

Not really, if that's what you call unnatural we could make a long list

Reply to Supreme Court's 5-4 Decision to Strike DoMA Provision

You must be logged in to post a reply!