ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 52466
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
strike
strike
1 posts
Nomad

i hate soccer... and i live in the netherlands!

Vanguard_ITC
Vanguard_ITC
6 posts
Nomad

Soccer is not a girly sport at all i play soccer and belive me soccer is not a easy game it is hard and needs a strong body

MaLfuNCtiOn
MaLfuNCtiOn
18 posts
Nomad

soccer is DEFINITELY NOT a girly sport. The truth is, I've seen bunches of people get sent to the hospital by playing soccer. How is that so girly now?

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

The idea of girly to me is totally sterotypical and unfair. Girls are equal but different but in sports we are the SAME!
Girls lacross is an insult, but that is a predjudice issue. I think that lacross should be split into two types, both for both genders.

More on-topic, you should read my previous post. Soccer is much rougher than most sports and much more physically demanding. I think that the only people who think soccer is "girly"(the term is only used for the sake of argument) are those who never tried it at full intensity.

Alewar
Alewar
14 posts
Nomad

SOCCER ITS THE MOST PLAYED SPORT IN THE WORLD
how could it be a girly sport?

yo619
yo619
130 posts
Nomad

I think it's weird how they wear t-shirts and shorts all year round that's crazy!Who wears t-shirts in winter?I can wear shorts but I would die without a coat.And to all you people who say getting hit with a soccer ball in the leg hurts try getting hit by a 60 MPH baseball in the face lol or a football helmet facemask to the gut that hurts.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

On second thought... YES, soccer is a girly sport! Because girls are TOUGH!!! *Flexes arms*

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Hey, yo619, I only wear t-shirs and shorts, year round. Does that answer your question. And, your legs are the most powerful muscles in your body. If a baseball can hurt being thrown by arm, imagine getting one kicked at you, and you being there willingly to headbutt or chest the ball. Plus, soccer is just as physical as any sport. As I said earlier, I take more damage playing soccer than fencing.

yo619
yo619
130 posts
Nomad

Wow,I just got owned lol.Well I can't argue with that.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

kicking people in the shin
the Zidane headbutt
slide tackles

o yea definately a giry sport!

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I think the reason that people call soocer "girly" is because it looks bad being only able to use your feet, and basketball (a sport where no physical contact is legal) is favored. I will admit I do get hurt a lot in basketball, but not as badly.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I have broken anywhere from 20-25 bones, received my 6th concussion my sophomore year in college soccer, and have permanent scars all over me.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
376 posts
Nomad

I dare you to say that at a stadium.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yea, the british kill people for less than that...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Screw down hill mountain biking. That's suicide!

Showing 31-45 of 346