ForumsForum GamesThe Arena

68 13502
helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

*CRYSTAL SLEEP FADING* a voice speaks as you slowly regain consciousness. You hear a loud *psh* sound as you feel open are in front of you. As you fully regain full awareness you find yourself falling down with nothing to hold you up anymore. Your knees hit the ground as you get into a kneeling position.
You keep yourself up with your hands as you look around you. The end of a coat disappears around a corner of an opening and closing door. More people were falling out of doors some not as lucky as you as the fell down and face planted.
Getting up you walk forwards towards the door and the door opens up automatically. You look around, still unsure of what was going on. You see some light coming from the end of the darker hallway. Thinking it's daylight you head towards it switching to running as you heads towards it, more people running around you. You make it out of the hallway and some kind of invisible barrier which you weren't sure what it was for.
Suddenly a wall of sound hits you and you flinch as your eyes adjust. The light was from the light fixtures above you...high above you. When the bright lights grow dimmer as your eyes adjust you see a man with an even brighter light on him was pointing at us from far below. You're on a balcony with rails and an invisible wall stopping us from moving past the guard rails. The sounds were people on the sides of something like a Colosseum...but underground, they were roaring with delight and anticipation their eyes were watching us, studying us like they were picking their favorite candy from a pile of it.
The sides of the walls were made out of a shiny gold-colored metal, but a touch revealed it was not gold and it felt more rough than it looked.
"May we welcome these new people to the ARENA!" The guy in the middle yelled as the crowd roared even louder.
"ARENA! ARENA!" Some yelled. Others just screamed a jumble of words which were washed away by the people who screamed 'ARENA!'
Suddenly the balcony started dropping downwards and some of the people around you screamed. With a large boom the balcony went under the floor and into a darker room.
This place was made out of metal and armored and armed people patrolled the room, most likely guards. Some broke their patrol to separate us all and bring us somewhere. You are brought to a wing of the underground complex where multiple people glared and yelled at you from behind glass doors which held through battering from the people on the other side of the windows. Your brought into your own cell with one other person. Then your left alone...left to think about what had happened. But one thing kept popping into your mind. I have to survive. This place is an Arena. Meant for people to kill. I will kill if I need to.
(more's coming in a sec some try not to post please :P
oh and sorry for the terrible grammar and everything else that's wrong with this, I'm terrible at talking in second person. ( ^ . ^ )(\\ *embarrassed look* )

• 68 Replies
helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

Welcome to the arena! Where people kill and also are killed for the amusement of the rich and free. You are part of the combatants. Enslaved and tested on to gain your own powers. You will fight in arena battles and make it to the top of the charts to win points. These points can then be used to increase your room, increase the variety and quality of the food. And...influence your guards. No cheating now! WE DON'T LIKE CHEATERS and have fun!

Rules:
No being OP
Be creative
Don't be cliche, have actual innovative battle style and power
Don't go overboard on the violence, romance (which most likely won't happen)
Keep it PG-PG13
Try not to swear too much
If anything offends you or you have some kind of complaint, post it on my profile as a comment
Questions feel free to ask
Arguments should not be posted on this forum and will not be tolerated, please take it to your profiles or wherever you host them (that sounded rude but it wasn't supposed to be...not sure how to say it)
Break a rule you get a strike
3 strikes and your out
Post I love cookies in your side note section if you read the rules

Skele (what I call character sheet
Name:
Age (13-18):
Personality (DETAIL!!):
Biography (optional although well appreciated. For help if your doing this, you were taken from your family and then had painful experiments done on you):
Power (yes you do get a power you were scientifically modified, be creative, no element control!):
Weapon of choice (you'll mostly be fighting in hand-to-hand combat, but not all the time)
Side-Notes (Delete my notes (everything in parentheses like this)):

The way this will work is a half RPG, half RP. I will decide your outcomes when you're fighting someone that is not also another person playing the RPG/RP when fighting against another person you'll say something like:
1st person: I throw a punch
2nd person: I dodge it and then spin around and throw a kick
etc. But please have MUCH more detail than just that. This is more than just fighting, there is a plot and when you're not fighting you'll most likely be in the progression of the plot line. I will be playing as a character as well and I will only post what he looks like, nothing else. (it's part of the thought of "WHO THE HECK IS HE!?&quot If you ever get paired together with my character I'll mostly go OP but that's just because it's part of the plot line, I will rarely put you against me. Try not to progress in the plot line without my permission although you are free to start a riot once in a while (:P).

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

(*add points to the skele put 0 in it)

Store:
Increased room quality:
None: 0 points Regular room, lumpy bed no blanket, bunk bed. Dirty toilet.)
1st: 100 points
2nd: 300 points
3rd: 500 points
Highest: 800 points
Increased Food Quality:
None: 0 points Everything is old and uncooked.
1st: 50 points
2nd: 200 points
3rd: 500 points
Highest: 600 points
Food Variety:
None: 0 points 1/2 gallon per day of water (1/4 gallon used for washing up the other 1/4 gallon is for drinking) Stale bread. Grapes in the morning. Corn in the afternoon. Potato in the evening.
All costs are equivalent to the Food Quality.
Influence:
None: 0 (effects unknown this will be important later on. But if you can, spend some extra points into it when you can)
1st: 100
2nd: 200
3rd: 300
etc.
Cap is 10.

You gain points based off of your performance in battle. You have to buy all of the lower stages of the thing you're buying you cannot jump from 1 - 5. You can only upgrade one thing in each choice. You cannot buy Food Quality 1 and then buy Food Quality 2 per visit. You get a visit to the store right before you fight.

After your fight you can go back to your room or watch. If you bought an upgrade you cannot go back to the room until everyone is done fighting. Most of the time I'd like you to stay anyways (:P). Open conversation is allowed in between and during fights although no fighting is allowed unless you're on the fighting field. Heading anywhere without a guard is prohibited. (giving you a list of In-game rules for you to break them when you riot :P) Losing a fight causes you to lose points based on how well you did in the battle. You do not lose any points if you fight against my character though. And you can get another fight afterwards. I will decide when someone passes out and you can decide when you want to give in. Most of the time though I'll just give you a hint that it's time to end the fight and whoever is losing can write themselves passing out. If no one does I'll do it for you (:P).

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

(You may post!)
If at any point someone controlled by me accuses you of cheating, unless you literally were cheating it's part of the plot. You can cheat if you want it to be part of a riot though. To cause a riot just plan it with the people around you between fights.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

WOW ALOT OF INFO!!! I am still deciding if I should join.

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

Pls? @.@ (puppy eyes)

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

I would say, try not to post TOO MUCH, you see, some people are easily put off, people enjoy basic rpgs.

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

@bazz1
Thanks, while I was typing it out I was wondering how people would react to this much stuff. This is the longest RP/RPG that I've ever created and I just randomly thought of this and made it.

@BlazingZelda
Thanks! Shame though...but still. Yeah it would be pretty good as a book. Just a little hard to mainly just fight yourself. Fun to do a fight scene with someone else though. A lot of this is to test your writing and creativity. *Hint Hint* Your fighting and how many points you gain per fight is based off of your creativity.

Thanks, both of you ^.^

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: William Dairy
Appearance : Sleight and baby faced with the temperament to beat up anyone who mentions the later. He is fair haired with pale skin and hazel irises he is also usually clean shaven.
Personality: William has a short temper and is often proud to a fault.
Biography: William was training to join the police before he was (abducted?), although he never actually saw time he had some experience with small fire-arms and the like.
Power: He was altered to have enhanced marrow which produced blood cells faster, a side effect of this is that his blood now appears a strange watery pink.
Weapon of choice: Colt M1911
Side-Notes: I love cookies.

May I join stranger?

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Name: Bruno Devil
Appearance : About 5'10" 170 pounds and is thin but lightning quick.
Personality: He loves messing with people and is very smart
Biography: He was training in the style of kung Fu before he was (abducted, is that right or no?)
Power: For some strange reason when he was born his hand could turn into anything he wanted it to unless it was something that involved throwing. Ex he could use a spear up close but he could not take it off and throw it.
Weapon of choice: bazooka
Side-Notes: I LOVE PIE

question, I saw a pg 13 movie that had s3x.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I HATE COOKIES, PIE IS THE BEST. I don't want to put I like cookies, WAHHHHHHHH

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

That's why I said PG - PG-13. PG in romance and that stuff and PG-13 in fighting and the occasional language... ^.^

Could I have a little more in appearance and personality? I forgot to give an example of how long these things are, 3 sentence is enough :P. Yeah your bio's correct.

Do you like Pi?

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Name: Bruno Devil
Appearance : About 5'10" 170 pounds and is thin but lightning quick. Also is usually dirty from disguising himself so he can follow people. When he was born he had a small problem and one of his eye balls turned red while the other is green. Most think his hair is dirty to but it is actually a rusty brown color.
Personality: He loves messing with people and is very smart. Most of his time is spent pickpocketing people for their money when he was not traing hard for Kung Fu. His biggest weakness is he loves good food. He usually can not resist a good apple pie!!!
Biography: He was training in the style of kung Fu before he was (abducted, is that right or no?)
Power: For some strange reason when he was born his hand could turn into anything he wanted it to unless it was something that involved throwing. Ex he could use a spear up close but he could not take it off and throw it.
Weapon of choice: bazooka
Side-Notes: I LOVE PIE

Now I see why you did that, darn, I was gonna take a girl to bed with me!

Yeah, pi is good to.

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

Your in! :P

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

When do we start?

helper08