Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Islam

Posted Jul 20, '13 at 10:57pm

lukmanismail

lukmanismail

3 posts

Islam to me is the true religion. I was born as a Muslim and I now live as Muslims. I believe that Allah, our God is true and His Messenger, Muhammad ( peace be upon him) is Allah's Massenger. Why I said this?[ http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/ ] this link is an example of the holy Quran, translated. I know Islam is true and the reason I made this forum is to discuss it, not because I order you to become a Muslim, but to just tell what we do. It is up to you if you want to read this or not, to believe this or not. If you have any problems or questions about the thread feel free to ask me. If you do not want this thread, ask the moderator to lock this thread. Thank you for reading.

Wallahua'lam

Posted Jul 20, '13 at 11:25pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

This could be discussed here in T&A instead.

Posted Jul 21, '13 at 11:18pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,676 posts

Knight

Having a more focused thread on the matter might be good.

Islam to me is the true religion. I was born as a Muslim and I now live as Muslims.

Do you think your views would be different if your family were Christian or Jewish, etc.?

I know Islam is true

Based on what evidence? We can't claim knowledge based on faith (belief without proof) as many religions including your own focus on. If you are basing this certainty on faith then you are not operating on knowledge but simple belief. A belief likely based on intuitive feelings and indoctrination rather than any sort of critical analysis and facts.

I made this forum is to discuss it, not because I order you to become a Muslim, but to just tell what we do. It is up to you if you want to read this or not, to believe this or not.

I appreciate that and will bookmark your link for later reading.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 12:22am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Having a more focused thread on the matter might be good.

Isn't that what happened with all the other ones? It generally starts off nice and focused as a discussion/sharing of the specifics within the context of the religion itself (which is fine), but then it gets to the big-picture questions that get met with arguments from ignorance and circular reasoning, at which point it usually gets locked and redirected because it's no longer on the OP topic of "what you believe" but "why you believe". The reason I wanted it redirected is because he included a claim of knowledge, which sparks those big-picture questions.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:23pm

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

Islam believes in Djinn, which aren't dissimilar to Christian and Judaic demons. Islam also believes that Djinn are capable of interacting with the world in very noticable ways and that human can gain some level of control over them. Is all of this correct, so far?

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 3:23am

lukmanismail

lukmanismail

3 posts

Infinight888,

In Islam, we believe that djinn has two categories. The good and the bad. The good djinn spend their time praying to Allah, while the bad tell humans to break Allah's rule. To make things short, the good jin is the angel while the bad jin is the devil. So for your question about jin interaction, this is true, because the bad people who kill and do all bad stuff was influenced by setan (devil).

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 6:22am

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

Wait, weren't angels something else entirely in Islam? Djinn being made from fire with free will and angels being made from light without free will? And on the free will note, if humans have free will, then why do you assume that every single murder commited required Djinn influence? I've seen similar claims from Chirstians, regarding demons, and it seems to me like humans are perfectly capable of killing eachother on their own. And since believers are generally immune to these creatures, it would actually imply that Muslims/Christians (depending on your faith), don't murder people. Something which is just factualy incorrect.

All of this was just an aside though. The point I was leading up to is this: If Islamists are capable of communicating, summoning or otherwise controlling Djinn in this modern era, then they should be capable of presenting clear evidence of the existence of these Djinn. If there are, in fact, good Djinn, then these being should have a desire to prove their existence, to convert humans to Islam. And there is currently a million dollar reward to anyone who can present clear evidence of anything supernatural. So my next question would be, why is their no evidence that these Djinn exist, when proving them sounds relatively easy?

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 8:15am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

[quoteinfinight888]If Islamists are capable of

You'll realize what is commonly called "Islamist" doesn't equal "adherent to Islam"?

As for this thread, I find it a weird starter on a first post, but, maybe that's just me.

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 10:20am

infinight888

infinight888

41 posts

You'll realize what is commonly called "Islamist" doesn't equal "adherent to Islam"?

Huh, just googled it... Well that's confusing...

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 3:25am

lukmanismail

lukmanismail

3 posts

Infinight888,

Who says that there are no evidence of djinn? Ghost are actually djinn, and lots of people had claimed that they had seen ghosts.

Reply to Islam

You must be logged in to post a reply!