ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241813
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

tommorowland! just... wow. pros and cons!

CONS!!!
disney self advertised "it's a Small World"
Of course, giant explosion.
in the teleporting parts... MY EYES WERE BLEEDING!!!
Robots! (wait... that should be a pro...)

PROS!!!
GIANT EXPLOSIONS!!! (wait, wasn't this on cons...?)
2 hours, 10 minutes, and 3 seconds long.
And also, IT IS A DISNEY MOVIE!!!

100/10.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Rush

Really enjoyable, faithful to the true story and interesting as well.
8/10

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Just came back from seeing 'The martian'
One of the best films i've seen this year, funny in the right places with really exciting action set pieces. Great performance by Matt Damon.
9/10

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Watched the two Dark Knight movies this weekend. Good stuff. I can see why they're in the top 100 movies of all time. Also saw Idiocracy again (it's what plants crave). I'm interested in The Martian...I'll see it eventually.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

I recently saw The Martian. It was a very good sci-fi movie, I don't know if it is worth all of the hype, but it is an entertaining, funny movie. I saw it in 3D and one complaint about it is that I would sometimes take off my glasses because it is really dim with 3D glasses on. Everything was really dark and it strained my eyes a little. Matt Damon was really good in it, taking a turn from his usually serious roles to being sort of a know-it-all, in a way. Seeing this movie was kind of weird for me because I always remember Matt Damon as Jason Bourne from the Bourne Trilogy. But also, I saw Interstellar in IMAX and both Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain were in that, too, so it's funny seeing them in another space movie right after doing one the previous year. I had a good time watching it and I definitely recommend it, but probably not in 3D, even though you'll get some nice visuals in 3D.
The Martian in 3D: A-

Another movie that came out the same week as The Martian was Sicario, but I saw it more recently. I liked Sicario more than The Martian. It was a really good action thriller movie that I loved, amazing. It had a really good cast, but Benicio del Toro really stands out and I was suprised to see Victor Garber, who plays Dr. Martin Stein in The Flash, in this. Another funny thing about the cast is that Jon Bernthal is in this, as a corrupt cop, and he plays Shane in The Walking Dead, who is also a cop. He also looked exactly like Shane. Lamson, from season 5 of The Walking Dead, was also in this, too, and he also plays a cop in this. A lot of Walking Dead cast members and coincidences. I really liked the plot, a very interesting story, and the way it was made was really good. There was this sub-plot that was seemingly put in the movie randomly at first and I kept wondering, "What's the point of this?", but it's revealed to be related to what the police were doing. I really liked the last act, probably the last 20 minutes. It really paid off in the end and it was a really satisfying ending. I loved every moment from this movie and extra points to Benicio del Toro, plus the night vision scenes. A very solid, incredibly tense movie and worth seeing in theaters, especially the tunnel scene.
Sicario: A

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Saw an amazing movie called "Youth". It was brilliant. It played with my emotions and made me rethink my philosophies on life. Michael Caine, what an amazing actor.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

I want to see both Youth and Macbeth, especially Macbeth, but I don't have either available in theaters until December 4. I saw the trailers for both and I was very impressed. I am likely going to see Macbeth before I see Youth, but both are very good looking and both performed exceptionally well at Cannes, so I am very excited. I actually thought Michael Fassbender looked promising as Macbeth.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Relatos Salvajes a famous movie here in Argentina , but its actually known almsot everywhere by now

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Unbroken

T'was better than Lone Survivor but not as good as American Sniper. It was obvious to me that it was not as intellectual as the book was even though I haven't read the book. Additionally, I already knew the story so I didn't learn anything new from the movie.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I got to see Sicario. This is an excellent film. The tension is kept extremely high throughout, and I never once felt relaxed from the opening scene onwards. The oppressive atmosphere is greatly helped by the magnificent score. All the leads give good performances, with Josh Brolin's mysterious Department of Defence advisor being a standout. Violent, morally dubious, and thoroughly gripping, Sicario is great bit of suspense cinema.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

My latest movie, Single White Female, was a fun film. It was a little drawn out, but whatever. Good performances by everyone and nicely suspenseful.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Just finished watching The Martian. It was a fantastic film with a brilliant story and extremely good effects. It also held a good balance of humour and drama. The music, albeit out of place, helped capture the humorous personality of Matt Damon's character. I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't watched it yet.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Seen a few movies lately, so I'll try to keep them short

The Martian - Basically, it's IFLS: The movie, and I do not mean that in a good way. Don't get me wrong, it was a very well made movie, but the wasted potential is heartbreaking. Matt Damon did a great job playing Matt Damon, though.

Sicario - Watch this movie. WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW. This movie is definitely up there in top movies of the year, and for good reason. The cinematography is amazing, the way they have different viewpoints against the same enemy is extremely well done, the tension is palpable..everything is done masterfully.

Bridge of Spies - I'm going to start this off by saying this was a really well done movie. This movie was also complete Oscar-bait. The entire time I couldn't get it out of my head "yep, these guys are trying to win an oscar." To be fair, it probably will. Should it? Probably not. A good movie nonetheless, just wish it didn't let its aspirations for an oscar get in its way.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Just finished watching The Martian. It was a fantastic film with a brilliant story and extremely good effects. It also held a good balance of humour and drama. The music, albeit out of place, helped capture the humorous personality of Matt Damon's character. I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't watched it yet.

My exact thoughts. I just saw it this evening. The only bad part though is that I had to go and see it at the Digiplex Cinemas near my house which is arguably the worst theater in San Diego county, but it's also the only theater within a 30 minute drive of where I live, so. Overlooking that facts that I had to see it on a mere 5 ft long choppy screen with several stains on it and that a ingeniously placed guardrail continually blocked the bottom quater of the screen, I enjoyed it.

In other words, if you live where I do, wait for a movie to come out on DVD instead of going to see it right away at the Digiplex Cinema where the glamour of Hollywood gets trashed nightly.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Finished watching Kingsman: The Secret Service and man is it such a fun and silly movie. Minus the plot, which is pretty much a typical spy movie plot but with some added silliness, the characters and the camerawork are what made this film. Although most of them were jerks, the one who weren't had quite distinct personalities. The camerawork for the action scenes were quite dynamic which surprised me but didn't stop my enjoyment of the film. It might not be for everyone since it's so ridiculously silly but don't let that stop you from enjoying it.

Showing 436-450 of 587