ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 510303
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

God cured my grandma of cancer, but why won't he give my uncle Joe his leg back that he lost in Vietnam?

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

If there is a God, the world doesn't revolve around you. And if it did, it'd be a t.v. show, Truman. Anyways, he wouldn't go around fixing everyone's problems now would he? Then we would never learn if God did everything for us. Zootsuit, if you truly believe that, than do so. But the road you're on now, try alchemy. Maybe I can sell you some lead for half the price of gold so you can make a profit huh? Then you could buy your Uncle a prosthetic leg.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If there is a God, the world doesn't revolve around you

God is meant to be omnipresent. If he can be everywhere at once and see everything and know everything and pretty much do everything, then why wouldnt he be more personal?
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I was just joking around, Masquerade. Unless you knew me, it would be hard to tell though. :P

It's an argument that I still haven't heard anyone argue around...If you're interested, read this:

It's long, but it's well worth it.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

God is meant to be omnipresent. If he can be everywhere at once and see everything and know everything and pretty much do everything, then why wouldnt he be more personal?

God can see the future - If he cured let's say that guys Uncles Leg what would happen? Would he go back to war later in life and then maybe he would get killed?

You see God has plans for us.
oooh And you know how you said the DNA came from Planets?

Where did those Planets come from eh?
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

The Big Bang.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

This sarcastic argument can be repelled with the belief that when a part of a body dies, the soul is lost with it and goes to heaven which completely cooperates with Christian belief of Heaven and the afterlife and all that mumbo jumbo so no need for reading.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

@The_Masquerade:

I didn't realize that Christians believed that individual body parts had souls. I've never heard of that before.

Either way, God curing cancer would be removing the tumors, which are a part of the body, no?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

God can see the future - If he cured let's say that guys Uncles Leg what would happen? Would he go back to war later in life and then maybe he would get killed?

If you read the link pretty much every argument that a religious user has ever come up with on AG is countered.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Okay then How did the "Big Bang" Start?

Tell me that please.

And all the people who say : I don't believe in god.
You spelled it WRONG
god starts with a Capital letter!

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

god starts with a Capital letter!

Lol.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I don't think its funny laughing at some body's religion Zootsuit.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Blkasp, re-read what I quoted a couple of times. Maybe you'll catch on.

I don't laugh at religion; it is a person's choice if he or she wishes to worship a deity. I respect that.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

No but you laughed at my Quote where we spell god with a Capital G.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

we spell god with a Capital G.

Once again, lol.
Showing 106-120 of 3094