ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 509800
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It really doesn't matter a whole lot unless you are scientific or religious. I guess you are under the "other," category, LOL. But I respect what you believe in, or don't believe in.

IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

Thanks, that really does mean alot to me. Everyone I know says "you can't do that, you have to pick one." And I'm like "NO, to me its all BS."

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

I'd have to look it up because I am new to the beliefs (or non-beliefs) of Agnostics.

Agnosticism can widely vary. It is basically a belief that states God and everything to do with God is unknown/unknowable. Of course, it can be taken to various degrees of "unknowable" and you can extend or limit the scope of what is unknowable.
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

One could almost call it a form of Post-Modern philosophy, it happened a long time ago, it doesn't affect me, why should I care? But a "carpe diem" philosophy makes good practical sense, I respect your beliefs IPwnU2Day.

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

how do u lock a thread, i have seen it, but dont know how

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

what is agnosticism

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@kiddslayer12-
Only mods can lock threads.
Agnosticism is uncertainty about religion, there may or may not be a god, agnostics don't think there is enough proof either way.

What do you get when you cross an agnostic, a dyslexic, and an insomniac?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there is a Dog.

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

thanks u, found that out this morning when i say a moderator say i am locking this. so yeah, thanks tho.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Dear âopen-minded atheistâ,

You ask me how I could possibly believe in a Creator given that certain high-profile scientists1 say that no Creator was necessary? Well, letâs take a simple example. Do you see (in the photo at the bottom) the bird boxâ"where did it come from?

Of course you would say that somebody must have made it, but how do you know that? After all, you didnât see anyone making it, so how do you know the birdbox had a maker?

(Iâm being quite seriousâ"like you, I also realize the birdbox must have been made by someoneâ"but I would like you to ponder how it was that you came to that conclusion.)

Hereâs how I would answer. Even though I didnât see anybody making it, I can see that it has a degree of organization and complexity which, though limited, is never seen to come about by natural processes. Someone must have made it, and attached it to the treeâ"probably for the purpose of attracting birds so that the maker/owner of the birdbox could enjoy their singing and admire them at close range.

And now, three questions:

1. Can that birdbox capture the sunâs energy and convert it into useful fuel? Answer: No.
2. Can that birdbox repair itself if part of it is broken off, e.g. by strong winds in a storm? Answer: No.
3. Can that birdbox generate copies of itself, which in turn can produce further copies, which in turn can reproduce themselves, and so on? Answer: No!

âFor his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been madeâ (Romans 1:20a)

And yet, the tree, to which the birdbox is attached, can do all of those thingsâ"yet you say that the tree had no Creator, that itâs simply the product of time and chance? Whereâs the logic in that? When you consider just the ordered complexity of photosynthesis (capturing of the sunâs energy),2 man hasnât even yet fully described all thatâs going on in photosynthesis, let alone been able to duplicate it!3â"5 If the birdbox had a designer (and it obviously did, as we both acknowledge) then so too did the treeâ"and whoever designed the tree is obviously one super-Intelligent Designer!

Just as it is written in the Bible:

âFor his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been madeâ Romans 1:20a (English Standard Version).

Regards,

A Christian friend

http://static.guim.co.uk/Guardian/environment/gallery/2008/feb/12/wildlife1/GD6225326@Nestbox-on-tree-2-8345.jpg

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Since that didn't work I will try Once more or else I will have to write it out.

You ask me how I could possibly believe in a Creator given that certain high-profile scientists1 say that no Creator was necessary? Well, letâs take a simple example. Do you see (in the photo at right) the birdboxâ"where did it come from?

Of course you would say that somebody must have made it, but how do you know that? After all, you didnât see anyone making it, so how do you know the birdbox had a maker?

(Iâm being quite seriousâ"like you, I also realize the birdbox must have been made by someoneâ"but I would like you to ponder how it was that you came to that conclusion.)

Hereâs how I would answer. Even though I didnât see anybody making it, I can see that it has a degree of organization and complexity which, though limited, is never seen to come about by natural processes. Someone must have made it, and attached it to the treeâ"probably for the purpose of attracting birds so that the maker/owner of the birdbox could enjoy their singing and admire them at close range.

And now, three questions:

1. Can that birdbox capture the sunâs energy and convert it into useful fuel? Answer: No.
2. Can that birdbox repair itself if part of it is broken off, e.g. by strong winds in a storm? Answer: No.
3. Can that birdbox generate copies of itself, which in turn can produce further copies, which in turn can reproduce themselves, and so on? Answer: No!

And yet, the tree, to which the birdbox is attached, can do all of those thingsâ"yet you say that the tree had no Creator, that itâs simply the product of time and chance? Whereâs the logic in that? When you consider just the ordered complexity of photosynthesis (capturing of the sunâs energy),2 man hasnât even yet fully described all thatâs going on in photosynthesis, let alone been able to duplicate it!3â"5 If the birdbox had a designer (and it obviously did, as we both acknowledge) then so too did the treeâ"and whoever designed the tree is obviously one super-Intelligent Designer!

Just as it is written in the Bible:

âFor his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been madeâ Romans 1:20a (English Standard Version).

Regards,

A Christian friend

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Never mind I will just re-direct to the site where you can read it first hand.

Click here to find out that there is really a Creator

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Linking a metaphor to a passage in the bible neither proves God's existence nor disproves the theories of science.

Atheism's answer to this so called designer is the theory of evolution.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

No Woody you must read the whole thing and THINK IT OVER

Did you read what he said about what the bird box can do? Nothing really, it can't heal itself, Unlike the Tree which is like us. Some one must have been really intelligent to create that.

Oh and by the way.

What made the apes - you say it was made up of what ever it was. But then where did that come out of? Then you say something else. Where did that come out of? Then you are left speechless.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

He chooses to not. And if he doesn't believe you he doesn't have to. Neither do I. Its fun to believe in an all mighty being that watches over you but does nothing but so was a fat man falling down your non existent Chimney, eating your food and dropping boxes full of stuff made by pointy eared midgets too.

What made the apes - you say it was made up of what ever it was. But then where did that come out of? Then you say something else. Where did that come out of? Then you are left speechless.

Short version:

DNA from other planets > DNA found good living conditions > Evolved into plants > Water creatures > Amphibians > Reptiles > Mammals > Apes > Humans.

There. Where the DNA came from is the where the doubt is. Explaining it with a divine being is great but where did the divine being come from? You could say it created itself right? So did DNA. See, loophole in logic. You, sir, are left speechless.

Also, there is not proving or disproving God. It's called faith. You can believe in him, but I'm sure an almighty being with such grace and morality wouldn't want you to be forced into belief now would this God? I believe in Deities but not a specific one. Just Guardian Angels and all that generic stuff.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Then you are left speechless.

Not exactly, scientists belive that everything comes out of a singularity. But i cannot be bothered to explain it right now.

In any case the beauty of science is that it isnt fixed. scientists are discovering more and more all the time about how life came to be.

Also if you are going to say to me, an atheist where is the proof, then ask yourself that question. Relgion is based on faith not facts and so is science to a certain extent. Just because science hasnt answered every single question doesnt mean that it will not in the future, or that religion has.
Showing 91-105 of 3094