even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

I believe that @Ivanxxxxxxx has found another reason for possible black-out that's related to Flash player version.

If you are unable to go to YouTube.com and play a video however, you can be certain that's likely the issue. Now, not all of our ads are YouTube videos, so my belief would be that if you refreshed the page enough you may get a non-YouTube ad and it should work?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yes I know, there are even more problems with ads from Youtube,but to cut down a long story, the fact is that you cant accesses Youtube and because of it you are experiencing the ,,Black screen,,

But the fact is also that this is happening to you on your work. Be fair. Your manager certainly does not want you to play games and to watch videos instead of working the job for which you are paid.

You said also that back at home everything is working properly. So do not blame AG administrators, or AG in general.

Advice: If your LAN administrators wants to check everything you do on the computer,they certainly can.

ShadowWolf_72
ShadowWolf_72
3 posts
Nomad

@ivanxxxxxxx i can access youtube normaly im useing internet explorer i only play Dead Zone so i dont know if it happens on other games and i dont have any other web browser

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

@ShadowWolf_72 Could you please answer all my questions on Page #10.

ShadowWolf_72
ShadowWolf_72
3 posts
Nomad

-If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times,- it's the same result.
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school?- home
-Which browsers have you tried?- internet explorer
-Is this for all games, or some games?- not sure all i play is dead zone
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed?- microsoft security essentials
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?- yes
-What region are you located in?- east coast usa
-When did these problems start happening?- few days ago
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent?- i hear the game but there is a black box blocking the screen
-Can you play MMOs on our website?- i used to till the black screen kept happening
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?- router never had any problums till a few days ago
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software?- no

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

You do just gotta love this though: ;-P

[quote=LightWarriorK]-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school? Work. Home works fine, but have other priorities then.[/quote]

Seriously, if I were ArmorGames, I'd be looking into a way of not forcing this YouTube issue upon people. Since obviously it is causing trouble to quite a few. However, thankfully I'm not, and so have nothing to say on or about the matter Something along the lines of this does sound sensible:

[quote=LightWarriorK]I appreciate your looking for a solution. I can't imagine what GoogleAds is making you do, but I can't believe it's entirely out of your control. At the very least, you need a bypass timer that is equivalent to the length of the video that is being blocked (or the max of what videos are in the queue). That should provide enough incentive (or punishment) to those who voluntarily block YouTube ads hopefully to undo it so they can see it (or rather, access the skip button), while still providing an eventual (if annoying) bypass for those who have no choice in the matter.[/quote]

I'd still call that pretty annoying, and so would look into a more handsome solution, indeed.

[quote=ivanxxxxxxx]Can you please do this:

1) Uninstall the current version of Adobe Flash Player [/quote]

Sorry and with all due respect, but the solution to downgrade your software I never find a solution.

nb I suppose it goes without saying that

[quote=Ferret]-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?[/quote]

A modern cable or (if I do recall) DSL modem is already technically a router of its own.

My only other remark would indeed be that if you're on some network not your own that blocks whatever for you, you'll really need to speak to your sysadmins about it. Chances are they have it set up that way on purpose, but, just see how far it gets you.

(And, come to think of it, that does remind me again of how this forum, too, is typically low-traffic during off-office hours. C'mon, folks, you don't really seriously expect to ever-so petulanty pass the blame to some website you happen to want to access for whatever measures your work & school etc. bosses take to, well, keep you on the job, do you? In that sense, it would indeed be interesting to know if all those running into this issue are on set-ups beyond their control. I take it ShadowWolf above is playing at home -- does it follow you have control over that machine and know how to adjust its settings, or is it under someone else's control, e.g. your parents? --, but the issue described doesn't necessarily have to be related. Try these thoughts of mine, and others, here & onwards, on possible blocking and unblocking issues, & see if that helps you.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then ps

Sorry and with all due respect, but the solution to downgrade your software I never find a solution.

Nor then does my using the latest FlashPlayer version, in Firefox and IE, give me any trouble. (Well, in IE not the last time I checked. Which can't have been long ago, over the course of some query here.) So I don't think downgrading should even be necessary.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then pps

[quote=ShadowWolf_72]-Which browsers have you tried?- internet explorer
-Is this for all games, or some games?- not sure all i play is dead zone[/quote]

Right, that pretty much nails it on your particular issue, to me: Internet Explorer and MMO's (massive multiplayer online games; Last Stand Dead Zone is one) don't mix well, if at all, or not without generally a whole lotta ado, in my experience (maybe they do if you leave your machine entirely unguarded and out-of-the-box, essentially open to all & everything).

Do try another browser, and do please read that thread I pointed to just above, as well as the ones linked on to from there: Dino Storm not loading up.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

& ppps,

Do try another browser,

Kindly note web browsers don't interfere with one another, so there's no harm at all in installing just as many as you please.
caveman1970
caveman1970
3 posts
Peasant

OK, here is what fixed MY black screen, regardless of why its there...
I am running IE , 1st I tried using chrome (against my will) it DID run the game, however it was very slow, lags and could not use the scroll wheel, this can be fixed by using an older version of adobe flash, i wont go backwards, so i dumped chrome. back to my beloved IE and I reloaded the MOST up to date adobe flash player and wham I AM back in the game. check your flash player is up to date folks.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

I believe that @Ivanxxxxxxx has found another reason for possible black-out that's related to Flash player version.

If you are unable to go to YouTube.com and play a video however, you can be certain that's likely the issue. Now, not all of our ads are YouTube videos, so my belief would be that if you refreshed the page enough you may get a non-YouTube ad and it should work?

Flash player is up to date. I checked my version against the most recently available version. The Admins do nightly updates to the computers. I have refreshed sometimes over a dozen times. If there are ads out there that can load, they're not showing up.

But the fact is also that this is happening to you on your work. Be fair. Your manager certainly does not want you to play games and to watch videos instead of working the job for which you are paid.

You said also that back at home everything is working properly. So do not blame AG administrators, or AG in general.

Advice: If your LAN administrators wants to check everything you do on the computer,they certainly can.

I don't believe how I spend my significant downtime at work, nor breaks, nor lunches, is any business of yours or ArmorGames. In fact I believe ArmorGames should be thankful for people that choose to spend work time on this site. I suggest you not bring up that argument again.

I most certainly can blame ArmorGames for essentially making their site a paid gaming site, and I will continue to do so as long as there is no eventual bypass to the YouTube ads. If the Admins cared about employees spending free time on flash sites, they'd block the sites, just as the block YouTube, Pandora, and others.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Flash player is up to date.

Incidentally, I think Ivanx here was suggesting to downgrade your FlashPlayer to a previous version. I spoke against it, but it is, I think, what he suggested.

If the Admins cared about employees spending free time on flash sites, they'd block the sites, just as the block YouTube, Pandora, and others.

That'd be a whole lot of pretty random sites for them to check on and block, wouldn't it.

I still think you have some stuff mistaken:

It is indeed none of our business how you spend your free time at work. However, if you then can't access some online material that you wish to, you should really be speaking to your system and network keepers/administrators about it, not us.

You seem to assume that because they don't block something, it follows they are OK with it. So, just tell them their blocking YouTube is interfering with your gaming at work, and if they can please resolve it. From the let sleeping dogs lie dept., there is of course the odd chance they may then take measures to block your gaming more permanently, instead, but that really is up to you.

I most certainly can blame ArmorGames for essentially making their site a paid gaming site

All I can tell you is I still haven't spent a penny on my goofing around here (sorry, AG).
LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Incidentally, I think Ivanx here was suggesting to downgrade your FlashPlayer to a previous version. I spoke against it, but it is, I think, what he suggested.

And I also have said that I don't have the authority to modify things on my computer. If it was a simple matter of a downgrade, I would have done it. And if a downgrade is truly the answer, then AG has some work to do, not me.

It is indeed none of our business how you spend your free time at work.

Then none of what you said below that should have been uttered.

All I can tell you is I still haven't spent a penny on my goofing around here (sorry, AG).

Well I HAVE. I spent money on GemCraft Labyrinth Premium, which I can no longer play here, and I know for a FACT that AG made some profit off of that. Yes, there are other sites to play it on now, but this USED to be my go-to site.

And besides, just because you haven't spent a penny here doesn't mean AG hasn't made money off your visits. That's what this is all about: Ads. Let me put it another way: You CAN'T play games here unless AG makes money off your ad views, now. That, to me, is a &quotaid gaming site."

I don't even use ad-blockers at home. I have the option, of course, but I CHOOSE to support sites, knowing their ad revenue is important. But when that choice is removed, and when I am forced to watch an ad, and BLOCKED from the game unless I do...that's where I draw the line.

MacII and ivanxxxx I'm sorry, but you're not helping. You are naturally free to post, but I'm telling you right now, I am at the point where bickering with other players is just a waste of my time. I need Admins providing solutions, or THEM stating plainly what the situation is:

If I and everyone else with this issue need to suck it up that there will be NO bypass to the YouTube ads, I need them to say so, not you, so I can leave ArmorGames permanently.

If there will be an eventual resolution to this problem, then it needs to be found. If Ferret isn't just giving lip service, and they are actually working on it, then I'm fine with it, for now. But this has been going on since September, so my hope that will be the case is minimal.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm... so since AG isn't coming up with a solution to having you access content that would earn them revenue, that's because all they care about is having you access content that would earn them revenue, right? I see... I think :|

(In other words, I reckon it's an unintended side-effect to them as much as to anyone else, and I'm sure they'd like to see it resolved just as well.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

nb On this YouTube business, with all this fuss I am now reminded how I think over the course of the past few months or so, there was some change over at YT that caused me trouble to access it, and I think it did involve me making some changes to my various security or privacy software to resolve it.

If that memory isn't spurious, it's easy to see how indeed it's once again a case of (in this case) Google (today the owners of YouTube, right) bumbling up in no minor way, by making some "minor" changes that indeed do have unforeseen or ill-thought-out repercussions to all and sundry. In this case, websites relying on their ad content that now suddenly causes issues with part of their visitors then, apparently, and perhaps not so easily resolved for all users, by those websites. As far as I know, Google ads is pretty much a take-it-or-leave-it kind of scheme, i don't think websites have all that much say in tweaking what's in there or not, or hence its finer behavior.

As usual, I'll gladly hear it if I'm talking out of my nether regions. What I have grown out of is thinking the world revolves around my navel, and so any adversity having been designed specifically to make my life miserable.

Showing 106-120 of 221