ForumsThe TavernFriends IRL?

57 13042
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This isn't a thread about your irl friends. This thread is about your internet friends. You might be wondering about the title then. Well, I am getting to that.

We all have many internet friends, well I hope you do. Would you be friends with these people IRL? Now you are thinking, "Of course not Daleks. I don't live near my online friends. I am older or younger than my online friends. I would obviously not be friends with them." And sure, that is all probably true, but throw all that out the window. I just want to know based on the personality of the person if you believe that irl you would get along with them in your friend circle.

TL;DR Version: Well then you suck. Go up and read.

• 57 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Moon and Nilo are in FGA too.

That may be so but I knew them long before the conception of the FGAY

lol
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

All of these abbreviations are confusing.....

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

My post got cut off. I forgot about the greater than / less than signs. You can delete my previous attempt if you want.

-Everybody from FGA except for pangtongshu, Minotaur55, Salvidian, and daleks

D:

-Salvidian

Everyone on that list is my buddy too!

Probably Salvidian

Of the FGA, now that I'm active again I can confidently say that outside Sal the lot of you just creep me out.

Ha, you don't even know. I can be quite the creep given the opportunity. But seriously though, you the same.

Anyways, I would probably be friends with most or all of the people in the FGA. Considering they are all really chill.

Because I'm the pretentious and ironically comedic condescending Salvidianite that you all know me as, I'll bestow the honor upon myself to name some people off that have the awesome opportunity to be known and revered by me, your, heh, "humble" master. And I'll talk about the people who've posted on this thread so far.

Daleks is a pretty chill guy. We'd probably talk about coding and school and stuff. I think I creep him out sometimes, but that's a personality trait of mine he'll have to put up with.

Rip is a really cool dude. He's charismatic and very personable. I can see him bonding with about anyone because he's so warm. He's also helped me a lot with my projects so yeah.

I don't know if I could be friends with Storm. I can't say I know her too well and she's considered a part of the "younger generation" as far as age is concerned. That would put her in the same bin as R2, killersup and a few others and I don't think I connect with them very well. But we talk sometimes and we have some enjoyable conversations, so I wouldn't mind it at any rate.

Mav is like me. He likes the hidden humors and he doesn't like to be very direct (or at least I don't think he does). He seems like he'd be able to click with anyone who isn't completely obnoxious. I don't think I'm completely obnoxious. Maybe I am and I'm just not aware of it.

Like I said with Storm, R2 is a part of the younger crowd. I don't know if I could connect very well. Plus R2 is four or five years younger than me so it'd be pretty awkward. I don't even know if we have any similarities, to be honest.

I don't know Nicho very well compared to how well I know others on here. I don't know how a friendship would go. We're pretty different. Not to mention I don't know anything about AFC or gooners so that is probably an immediate deal breaker. I mean, what the heck is a Wenger? :P

Mino is a definite. We're both lovers of physics, metal and philosophy so that's a no-brainer. We're both going overseas for college which is also a big area where we relate. I don't think we could connect in any other areas.

I'd never pursue a friendship with jeol because he's a dirty hipster. Kidding! Nah, jeol is awesome. I've gone on his forum here and there (which reminds me, I should so so more often) and we have similar tastes in electronics. When I first came to AG he was my first mate and our conversations were always crazy deep and long.

I haven't known Nurv very long, but he seems cool. I'm pretty sure I weird him out sometimes despite his denial of it, but I think he thinks I'm chemically balanced and everything. Or I hope so, at least. But then again, he's an English major and you know how hard math majors feel about that. *Cracks knuckles*

wflag is a beast, and despite his affiliation with the youngsters, I don't see any problem with a friendship there. And I crack up every time he says "Sal has a GF".

I used to talk to Jacen here and there, but over the past few months we've stopped. I don't really know why, but I suppose it's natural. He's called himself my little brother which is freaking adorable, and I wouldn't mind talking to him a bit more often.

Reton is a really smart guy. The guy is so smart he scares me. I'm kidding, but sometimes I do feel a little small in his prescience. His posts are always riddled with details and facts, and he's hard to argue with. The problem is that I'm not close to him at all.

Xeano has no friends. He will never have any. Except me. :P

I don't know gman and I have never talked to him. I don't have much to say there. O_o

Nilo is probably the cutest guy on AG. He's just adorable, and his personable personality matches Rip's. We're going to live in the same city in a few months so we might even have a small chance at actually getting together. I doubt it a little, though. Still seems strange.

I talk to Emily everyday. I'm probably closer to her more than anyone, except maybe pang. Hell, who am I kidding? I couldn't choose. I've known her almost as long as anyone and we've talked so much that she's a no-brainer.

pang needs no explanation. He is my twin. We're equal.

Pick is funny as hell. He's weird, but in the same sense as me. I think we'd make good buddies. Thinking about it, it seems a little impossible. But the personalities match at least.

And, for the grand finale!

Vinny is hawt.

/thread
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't even know if we have any similarities, to be honest.

Weren't you once called a robot a few months ago?

And what about our homosexuality in the chat Sal? You participated with me!
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Uh oh. Here we go.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

R2 ( HOW DID HE GET THERE? ) gamerguy12345. Of course, Trevor Newman. Minotaur55, Clancy12, Xeano, ( HOW DID HE GET THERE? )
and... FGA alliance crap... And Juice-Tin. ( Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful ).

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

There is more.. I don't feel like adding them... * sleeps *

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I still flinch whenever I remember that night in chat >_>
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Every time I see the words "Trevor Newman," I want to sodomize the dead bodies I have hidden in my crawl space.

Ensure you never have that mental image again.

Stop using the words "Trevor Newman."

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I definitely think I'd get on with KingRyan in real life. He's pretty cool to talk to.

And I'd say I'd get along with Nichodemus too. Just because we've been quite close before.

And I know I'd love being friends with Manta irl too, even though we haven't spoken as much as we could have.

Those are probably the only 3 I've properly got to know on AG

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

inb4 Nicho appears at Jess' appearance

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Inb4... Mav beat me to the call.

jezz