ForumsThe TavernFriends IRL?

57 13043
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This isn't a thread about your irl friends. This thread is about your internet friends. You might be wondering about the title then. Well, I am getting to that.

We all have many internet friends, well I hope you do. Would you be friends with these people IRL? Now you are thinking, "Of course not Daleks. I don't live near my online friends. I am older or younger than my online friends. I would obviously not be friends with them." And sure, that is all probably true, but throw all that out the window. I just want to know based on the personality of the person if you believe that irl you would get along with them in your friend circle.

TL;DR Version: Well then you suck. Go up and read.

• 57 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Haha well then. Interesting. This thread will truly test the bonds of friendship between people! >

Anyways, I guess I'll just list them off.

-Everybody from FGA except for pangtongshu, Minotaur55, Salvidian, and daleks
-pangtongshu
-Minotaur55
-Salvidian
-daleks

Mah friends!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

*eyebrow raise*
Well then probably everybody from FGA except pang because pang's too old. XD No pang you're fine, I was kidding.
Also I'd probably kick either Waffle or Pickerick or one of the other people who think it's fun to annoy me in the balls before deciding to become friends. Maybe I'd kick them all in the balls. It'd be fun.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Probably Nurv, since he is the Gentleman's Gentleman. Also bowties. Also CFB.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Manly, Clancy, Sophie, and Storm I can definitely see becoming friends with. Those children from FGA... maybe.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Probably Rip. Vince when he was on here. Wflag maybe.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe Emily.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

My best friend is daleks.His real name is Greigur. He's really sweet! His favorite color is clear, his favorite food is water, and his favorite thing to do is hide behind windows. He makes good burgers as well.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]Haha well then. Interesting. This thread will truly test the bonds of friendship between people! >

Anyways, I guess I'll just list them off.

-Everybody from FGA except for pangtongshu, Minotaur55, Salvidian, and daleks
-pangtongshu
-Minotaur55
-Salvidian
-daleks

Mah friends!
[quote]

That's right. I'm rips friend. Eat your heart out. Everyone on that list is my buddy too!

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Well, I'm friends irl with Cow, and that works out pretty well.

But other than that, I think it'd be cool to meet Mav and rabbit boy up there. Also, Moon and Nilo. Of the FGA, now that I'm active again I can confidently say that outside Sal the lot of you just creep me out.

[quote]being that we share the same genus and all

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Of the FGA, now that I'm active again I can confidently say that outside Sal the lot of you just creep me out.

That's just hurtful man >_>

Anyways, I would probably be friends with most or all of the people in the FGA. Considering they are all really chill.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I am not social, I annoy the crap out of everyone (literally, I am so annoying they crap, jk)

But if I did miraculously develop social skills, probably my fellow whovians/browncoats and others who share interests.

two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue
two by two hands of blue

~~~Darth Caedus

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Of the FGA, now that I'm active again I can confidently say that outside Sal the lot of you just creep me out.

Huehuehuehuehuehue. We creep you out, huh? >

No, I jest. We're all actually pretty sane and intelligent people. Rather, I think, it's because our quirky facets of our personality emerge when we're around each other due to the simple fact that we're so comfortable around each other. Like, I suppose we don't need to keep a false pretense of being completely perfect and sane human beings (because obviously, everybody has an aberration about them that differs from the social norm). I mean, would you not act like yourself around close family and friends?

Basically, it's because we're such a tight knit "family" that we can seem really weird to outsiders. ^_^
Come join teh family, bro.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Idk, I wouldn't be able to answer the question posed by the original post. It's hard to figure out what someone is like only through text. You can get a strong idea of what someone is like, but it's easy to miss a lot of personality cues by going only through text.

A study showed that 93% of communication was from non-verbal cues and paralinguistic clues. Although there is some sort of misunderstanding the those findings there.

Albert Mehrabian found "that the verbal component of a face-to-face conversation is less than 35% and that over 65% of communication is done non-verbally"

So, you can think you know someone just by text, by you are missing a lot.

I was sort of hoping this thread would be, what friends are Armor Games actually know each other in real life, but nonetheless a very interesting question posed in the OP.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

My best friend is daleks.His real name is Greigur. He's really sweet! His favorite color is clear, his favorite food is water, and his favorite thing to do is hide behind windows. He makes good burgers as well.

I am scared.

O ****. Forgot about jeol. Sorry mate.

I creep you out? Uhhh, ok. Moon and Nilo are in FGA too.

@Reton8 Well if it was about who you knew irl who is also on AG I bet it would be a lot of no one or just people that are not in the community.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I creep you out?

Not you Daleks. Me and you are pretty much the only people who are normal in the FGA.

Huehuehuehuehuehue

Is that supposed to be a laugh?
Showing 1-15 of 57