ForumsForum GamesMech Assault (RPG)

161 39196
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

The year is 1812. Scientists have recently discovered the art of steam, and with it, many inventions have been created. The world was made different, smarter men have come forth to add their inventions to the world. The most recent invention, was the invention of Mechs. Some of them are small, at the height of 3-5 feet. These mechs were made for the sole purpose of hard labor. Why work hard on something when you can have a Mech do it for you!? From there, Mechs grew drastically. Another inventor saw the Mechs for more than there ability to do arduous effort, and he made more Mechs. These Mechs were giants, though. Standing from 7-10 feet tall! They were made for the purpose of war.
With the new invention, war sprang out everywhere. The Mechs, they were on the front lines. Devastating to regular infantry, but every now and then, two Mechs from different origins would battle it out. It was both Amazing and Terrifying. You are a pilot, a specially trained person who operates the Mechs. Your job: Battle, destroy, kill. Otherwise, stay alive.

Char Sheet

Pilot Name:
Origin: See below.
Mech Hull Strength: 100/100
Equipped Weapons:
Equipped Armor: None
Class: See below.
Level: 1 (0/25)
Merits: (Earned in combat)

Classes:

Soldier Class
-Utilizes most weaponry
-Commands other Mechs

Engineer Class
-Can call in air-support
-Can repair other Mechs

Stealth Class
-Best with melee weapons
-Utilizes the EMP gun

Tank Class
-No weapons
-Super strong, super fast

ORIGINS:
There are two different origins.
There is the UC (United Confederation)
Or the Rebels.
Each has there own goals and story.

If anyone has any questions please ask!
If I've forgotten anything I am sorry!
Merits can be used to buy new weapons and armor.
There will be constant updates to add new weaponry, and other stuffs.

• 161 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Pilot Name: Shadow
Origin: Rebels
Mech Hull Strength: 90/100
Equipped Weapons: Great Sword
Equipped Armor: -
Class: Stealth
Level: 1 (10/25)
Merits: 40
--

You tag the Mech. +20 Merits, +5 Exp. You look behind yourself and see a small object. The beeping comes from it, you step closer to examine it. You bend down to look at it when it registers. Its a UC "M-Bomb" Named for "Mutilating" anything within its blast radius.
-------------

Pilot Name: Michael
Equipped Weapons: MI6
Class: Soldier
Level: 2 (10/30)
Merits: 160
--

You manage to move the giant Mech and stand it up without damaging the Mech it had trapped. Steam emanates from the damaged sections like blood from a wound. Having control of just its movements gives you a sense of how powerful the thing is.
------------

Pilot Name: Maxim
Origin: UC
Equipped Weapons: LDC (long distance cannon)
Equipped Armour: -
Merits: 0
--

The rebel pilot in the giant Mech manages to get it stood up. The engineer stands up unharmed, but a little bent and shaken. The giant Mech towers above you.
------------

Pilot Name: Matthias
Equipped Weapons: Buster Sword (Melee)
--

You examine your surroundings. You're hiding behind a clump of dead bushes in the barren wasteland. Rubble is everywhere, bits and pieces here and there. There is a large mound of rubble that looks like it used to be a large building of some type. The large patrol has just passed it. It's hard to find thriving plants in the waste that aren't weeds or dead bushes.
------------

Pilot Name: Sakata Johnson
Equipped Weapons: Blaze Sword
Merits: None
--

You move a few feet to try and hear in on the conversation, but whatever they had been saying has been stopped. They all enter a tent, nearest the exit of the compound. You notice after a few minutes of watching a bright light flicks on inside the tent. You hear a whir of something Mechanical.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I grab my mech and head back to camp. If I can't bring my mech with me, I take its weapon and repeatedly stomp on it.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Well I have a few questions about the bomb... What is the blast radius? How much time till it explodes? Will my mech protect me? Will it destroy my mech? Is there way to stop it from exploding?

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

--

You cant manage to take your Mech with you, but instead of stomping on it you key the remote detonation sequence. The Mech engulfs itself in a ball of fire. You start to head back to camp.
------------

--

The bombs blast radius can vary from 7-10 feet. Sometimes the shrapnel from the bomb can travel a bit farther. It wouldn't destroy your Mech, but there still is a chance that it could. Usually this type of bomb explodes when it's triggered by a proximity. Which means if you step anywhere near it, it would blow up. It could also be rigged to a timer. If you had a Engineer with you, they could probably disable it. The bomb beeps a few more times.
-------------

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

--

You slash the nearest enemy Mech with the Buster Sword. The large sword rips through the iron. The sword cuts through the iron into the pilot's pit. The Mech falls, loudly. Blood seeps through the broken glass onto the white and yellow sand of the Waste. One of the enemy Mechs turns to see what caused the sound. You picked up some concrete earlier, and you now run up to one of the Mechs. You throw the large piece of concrete right into the protective glass. It shatters, and the pilot is crushed. His Mech falls.
You look towards the remaining convoy. There is a single soldier Mech, and he is looking back now. He aims his gun and fires. Rounds ping off of the iron of your Mech.
-------------

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

As I head back to camp, I try to learn how to use the weapons of the giant mech.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Okay, I stand back from the bomb and request for an engineer to disable the bomb.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

"What are they doing there?" I say to myself.
Anyway, I wait to see what happens.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Pilot Name: Spike Archiac
Origin: Rebel
Mech Hull Strength: 70/100
--

i examine the area to see if anything hostile is left. if not, i assume we win.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

--

You start to head back, leaving the other Mechs at the site. On the way, you start fiddling with the controls again. You eventually assume control of the weapons. The two cannons strapped to the arms are very powerful. You test one out by firing it into a pile of rubble. The rubble is flung everywhere, and it leaves a nice sized crater. You walk for awhile, and you come into sight of the camp. You notice people running around, and you notice how horrifying you must seem to the people.
-----------

--

You tag the two downed Mechs. (+40 Merits. +10Exp)
You grab one of the downed Mechs' rifles. It is unfamiliar in your hands, but hopefully it can make the enemy Mech jump into cover so you can run up to finish it. The enemy Mech continues to fire, making you continue to shelter behind the convoy.
------------

--

You stand back from the bomb, but you cannot request for an Engineer to disable the bomb. There is no Engineer anywhere nearby, and it would take awhile for one to get from the base. The bomb continues to beep normally, and then rapidly.
----------

Mech Hull Strength: --/--
--

You wait to see what happens. After a few minutes, another bright flash is seen in the tent. One of the men comes out of the tent with a strange looking gun. It looks way too big for his small human hands. You smiles to his companion in the tent, points it in your direction, and fires. It feels like you're struck with ten thousand bolts of lightning, and your Mech sizzles, then falls to the ground. The controls aren't working and the lights have gone out.
------------

Pilot Name: Spike Archiac
Origin: Rebel
Mech Hull Strength: 70/100
--

You examine the compound. It looks like you've won. A stealth Mech stands up on the ramparts and calls out "They are completely retreating!"
Men stand up and slap each other on the backs. There is lots of cheering and congratulations. You smile at yourself. It was a win, and a well earned one. You're exhausted. You should find an Engineer to repair your Mech again.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I run away from the bomb as fast as possible!

jcwgames
jcwgames
113 posts
Jester

Pilot Name: Charles
Origin: United Confederation
Equipped Weapons: -
Merits: -

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I try to contact camp and tell them about what happened. If that doesn't work, I get out of the mech and wait for them to approach me.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I look around the place and see if the rebel mech left anything useful. Then, quickly, I aim my LDC at the giant's knee again and fire as many rounds as it takes to remove the leg.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Mech Hull Strength: 40/100
--

You bolt from the bomb, it explodes. You feel the sensation of vertigo, and then you slam into the ground. There is blood on the HUD, and you aren't feeling to well. You were thrown around the pilot bay, literally. Red lights are blinking, indicating your Mech in bad condition. You stand your Mech up, and there in front of you in another bomb.
-----------

Pilot Name: Charles
Equipped Weapons: -
Merits: -
--

*Welcome to the RPG If you have any questions feel free to ask them*
BAM! An explosion jars you from your sleep. Another pilot runs up to you, "Get up! Those ****ed Rebels are attacking again!" You get up. "Follow me!", the Pilot says.
--------------

Equipped Weapons: Buster Sword (Melee), MI6 (Rifle)
--

The convoy is three different metal-protected trucks. The bullets were just pinging off of the metal, not even putting a dent in it. The enemy Mech stops to reload, and then continues to fire, keeping you pinned down. You notice that the bullets have changed direction, which means the Mech is attempting to circle around to catch you unprotected.
---------------

Mech Hull Strength: 95/100
--

*PVP BATTLE*
You contact the camp, and just as you do the first round hits your left leg. The Mech is thrown forward from the power of the shell. You turn around and notice a UC mech that followed you. He is some ways off, firing what looks like an LDC (Long-distance Cannon). One of those rounds would have torn a normal Mech to pieces if it were a direct hit. The UC mech reloads.
-----------

--

*PVP BATTLE*
You follow the giant Mech, who didn't leave anything. You fire your LDC into the back of it's left leg. It takes awhile to reload your LDC, and you almost have it reloaded when the Mech turns around. You notice that in front of the giant Mech is what looks like a base of some sort.
-----------

Showing 121-135 of 161