ForumsForum GamesApril Will Come [RPG]

183 59945
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

WELCOME TO ARCADIA, THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH.

Arcadia was founded in the late 2015 to cope with the massive immigrant influx arriving in the United States following the enormous economic depression during the so-called Greater Arab War. The population of cities in the East Coast exploded, to the point that the cities' supply systems could no longer cope with the people they had been designed to deal with.

In January 2015, the government passed the Arcadia Act, which specified the construction of a city dedicated to temporarily housing all of the US's immigrant population. The city was to be circular in shape, with taller buildings at the edge of the circle and lower buildings as they approached the central park, so that all had a view of the green area from anywhere in the city. It was planned that Arcadia would be the first truly futuristic city in the planet, a layout that would be tested with immigrants.

Well, at least that's how it was supposed to be.

While the city was welcoming its first inhabitants in 2021, the arab war exploded into the Third World War. The Middle East became a dangerous fallout, large areas of Africa were bombed to pieces, and China was completely put out of the game as a global power, leaving Russia, the European Union, and the US as the three major powers of the world. The United States' East Coast suffered heavy bombing, the brunt of which was concentrated in - you guessed it - Arcadia.

When the bombing began, there were 1.4 million non-US citizens living in the city, the majority of which were of Russian, Italian, or Mexican descent. An estimated 60.000 US citizens lived in the city as well, the majority of which were Policemen, or other government affiliates. The downtown area (the circle) of Arcadia was already finished, and suburbs had sprung all around the city to house more inhabitants.

The city was almost completely burst asunder by the heavy bombing. It was rapidly turned from a modern and powerful city to a pile of burning rubble. An estimated 300.000 were killed by the bombs. Anarchy broke out almost immediately after, as the remaining citizens struggled to find food, water, and the other necessary supplies for life. Gangs and Mafias sprung up, mainly once-raced and discriminating against other racist groups. Efforts by the thinly spread police to calm the chaos were completely futile, and they were pulled out of the city almost immediately after.

This is where you come in. But first of allâ¦who are you?

1. An Unfortunately, Fortunately Mission

You were part of a military task force sent to the Northern suburbs of the city to secure government control, and begin installation of a forward base for government assets to operate from said place. While this was taking place, the Russian gang ambushed you and your fellow soldiers. In the ensuing firefight, all your fellow brothers were killed, and you were wounded and left for dead (character must be 18+).

2. A Matter of Semantics

You and your recently-married spouse have packed most of your belongings and are planning on leaving the city. While you and your wife (or husband) were driving out of the city to escape the growing chaos, you were stuck up by the Italian Mafia and you and your spouse were beaten, thrown out of the vehicle, and forgotten in the sidewalk (character must be 18+).

3. A Nearly-as-Tragic Episode, without the Tragic Part

You were an immigrant sent to live in the city long ago, and have lived as a street urchin since. You must do whatever you can to survive in this hell on Earth.

4. Make-Your-Own

Make your own back story. Only post it on your first post (when you're filling the sheet), you don't need to post it continually. It needs to be interesting and creative, if it is bland and/or not very canon-ish, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to let you use it, and you'll have to pick another instead.

CHARACTER SHEET

In your first post, please include your 1. Filled-out Character Sheet, and 2. Back-story.

Name: (Include first name, any middle names, and last name or names).
Appearance: (Please be as short as you can while getting the point across. Include race).
--
Apparel: (What your character is wearing).
Inventory: (What items you have with your person).
Weapons: (Any weapons you have with your person. Ammunition included here).
--
Health: 100/100 (While I despise the traditional HP system, it is necessary for this RPG).
Abilities: (Notable abilities your character has. One example is the ability to drive a car. I'll let you pick 3 at the beginning, you can think a bit and select the ones you like best. Make them up, and I'll tell you if they're fine).
Perks: (More uncommon abilities your character has. One example is fighting with a sword (note, this doesn't give you a sword to begin with). Make one up, I'll tell you if it's alright).

I reserve the right to either add or detract items from the sheet for an individual player's needs.

OTHER FACTS AND INFORMATION THAT MUST BE PROCURED

Is winning possible?

You can, according to your background story, make a goal for your character. For example, if you pick the first option, your goal could be to construct that military base after all and restore US-Government control to the anarchy now reigning in the city. Of course, you can always play forever.

Companions? Friends? PC interaction?

Yes, you can have companions and friends following you around, helping you out in your quest to be entertained. As far as Player-to-Player interaction, I will allow it if the players involved express written consent to have their respective characters interact. Furthermore, events that a person causes will be felt throughout the city and will affect everyone. Players can also help or obstruct other players. In fact I'd find it quite interesting if a group of players got together to survive, or something like that.

Can my character die?

Yes, your character can die. If your character dies, you will be returned three turns before your death (this can be changed at the OP's discretion). If I feel that you are pestering me by constantly dying on purpose, then I will warn you. If you die pointlessly again (like throwing yourself from a window), I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill your character completely. Please don't make me do this.

What you can/cannot do.

Your character can do realistic actions within the power of a normal human being to execute, plus any abilities/perks that you have chosen. Just think about the action a bit, and you'll realize almost immediately if your character can or cannot do it.

Proper Grammar and Spelling.

You must use english to the best of your ability. If you are purposely writing with bad grammar and/or spelling, you will first be warned, and then kicked from the RPG.

A SHORT, POINTLESS, YET NECESSARY WARNING

Due to the very obvious tense conditions in the place where this RPG will take place, the Non-playable characters will be somewhat racist. Especially among different gangs, racism will be widespread. I of course am not going to use words such as the 'n' word in said occasions, but different ethnic groups will be fighting against each other - and against you - mostly based upon race. And, to a somewhat lesser extent, gender. Unless you're Storm, of course, because Storm is⦠special. *shudder*

I reserve all OP and GM rights, including that to kick you if necessary.

If you have any questions, please ask them now. Unless you're MattEmAngel. If you are him, please ask questions in my profile, haha.

• 183 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Name: Nirvana.
Appearance: Six feet. One eighty pounds. Long, curly brown hair. Wiry. White boy.
--
Apparel: Oversized woolen pullover and khakis. Red converse.
Inventory: Walkie Talkie
Weapons: My fists!
--
Health: 100/100
Abilities: The ability to calm an aggravated character down, mild yet useful strength, and good hands.
Perks: Just being so darn attractive

Taking Charlemagne (win) in my hand, I reach up and place him on an overhanging ledge about ten feet off the ground.

"There. You can mope here; I'm going to check out what's going on out there."

Charlemagne just snorted. "Up here? Really? My ***TOUGH EXOSKELETON*** will protect me!

"Perhaps." I reply. "But I know you're afraid of heights."

Charlemagne simply glared at me with his eight beady eyes, and I turned and snuck around the corner into the alleyway.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: David Abercroft
Appearance: 6'4", Caucasian, blue eyes, black hair.
--
Apparel: Torn black suit.
Inventory: Lighter, cigarettes, wristwatch.
Weapons: None.
--
Abilities: can drive, use firearms relatively well, and has good vision.
Perks: Ability to fight hand-to-hand.

"some place to die if we dont get out of here," i say.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I can't copy and paste on my phone (pues, puedo, pero no sé cómo) so please bear with me.
---
I valiantly open the door and let the boy in. I decide to press the button to shut and lock that thing right as he comes in to avoid unwanted intruders.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Appearance: Six feet. One eighty pounds. Long, curly brown hair. Wiry. White boy.
--
--
Abilities: The ability to calm an aggravated character down, mild yet useful strength, and good hands.

"DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME, YOU B**TARD!" cries the Tarantula as you peer into the alleyway. "AND BE CAREFUL!! BE VERY, VERY-"

Charlemagne (what an appropriate name for the tarantula) suddenly shuts up. At that same instant, a peculiar woman dressed in black and with a black half-mask walked out of a building, and passed right next to you rapidly walking away from the alley. After the strange individual passes, the Tarantula begins his screaming and ranting once more, to your great annoyance.

Doing your best to ignore him, you peep out of the alleyway and into the larger road, and see several empty pick-up trucks with about a dozen individuals next to them, several others are beaten and bloody in the ground. You recognise the winning party as the Mexican gang, the losers as the Italians.

-------------------------

Name: Sal Vidian
Appearance: 5'5", bearded, Russian
--
Apparel: Dirty white T-shirt, old jeans, pair of tennis shoes.
Inventory: An old cigar, a letter, a card, 29 caps.
Weapons: (Nothing)
--
Abilities: Sal has a strong background in maths and sciences. Before the bombing, he was an engineer in charge of an unknown military weapon development group. He knows his way around most technical equipment and weaponry.
Perks: Knows 3 languages: English, Russian and Spanish

Avoiding the various traps you had placed in the entrance earlier, you open the door to see a young Canadian child, no more than 10, peep his head through the door. He stares at you with some interest, and then asks in a young, high-pitched voice:

"Have you seen my sister? She should've passed by some time ago, I'm looking for her."

--
--

"Unh? To..die?" she has obviously not realised the nature of the terrible situation you're in. Not surprisingly, she appears to still be in mental shock for the whole affair. A few moments later, she tries to stand up, but fails with a grunt.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

--
--

I wait until she gains the strength to stand

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

--
--

(Could you please be a bit more descriptive in your answers? So that I get interested by your answers as well, haha).

After some time, you give her your hand and help her up, by which time she can stand by her own power. After this happens, few words are exchanged, as you both are far too tired to speak. However, she asks:

"What now?"

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Name: Xiao Mei
Age: Under 24, but nobody can pinpoint it and I don't feel like telling.
Appearance: 5'6, long black braid, brown eyes, rather plain. Taiwanese-American.
--
Apparel: Old leather jacket, dark pants, mask with a flower on it, a key on a string that I wear as a necklace.
Inventory: Knife, a handful of caps, a piece of paper with words on it I leave up to you.
Weapons: My precious knifey knife that I clean religiously, as well as some choice pieces of shattered glass. The key is sharp enough to stab people with if all else fails.
--
Abilities: agile, sneaky, good at blending in/hiding
Perks: STNB.
---
Whenever there's death involved, I normally am the cause. Death that isn't caused by me is hardly ever a good thing. Curiosity wars with the instinctive push for safety, and safety wins. I can always watch from a taller building.
Looking out into the road (which is relatively empty, strangely enough), I slunk around the corner and into the next alleyway over, ducking through an open door and climbing the stairs.
The only room with a window facing the commotion is on the top floor, and I approach it, not knowing what I'll find.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

--
--

(Could you please be a bit more descriptive in your answers? So that I get interested by your answers as well, haha).

im in an allyway with my wife and we both just got beaten terribly. how do I be descriptive. honestly, I can try, but it wont get any better.

"I don't know...nothing has been taken out of my wallet so I suppose we could try looking for some place to eat. but this town is wrecked...I think we should try getting out of here," I say. I take my wallet, if I hadn't done so already.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Appearance: Six feet. One eighty pounds. Long, curly brown hair. Wiry. (no).
--
--

I'm not reading the other character's narratives, so that if I were to meet one during the RPG it would be more spontaneous and realistic. My character knows no one so he files away the woman in his memory.

I step quickly back out of the alley, and peer around the corner at the gang.

"What? WHAT IS IT?" Charlemagne nearly screams in his puny arachnoid voice.

"Hush." I say curtly as I continue to study them. There are quite a few; much more than I could take myself. Then again, are Mexicans afraid of spiders? "Hey." I say, turning back to Charlemagne. "It looks like a roaming Mexican gang. Are Mexicans afraid of spiders?"

"No. Mexicans eat spiders, you dolt." The tarantula said with a glare.

"Oh. Well I never." Turning away from Charlemagne, heart throbbing, I take one more look at the gang, then decide to study my immediate surroundings and search for a way to pass undetected.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Name: Xiao Mei
Age: Under 24, but nobody can pinpoint it and I don't feel like telling.
Appearance: 5'6, long black braid, brown eyes, rather plain. Taiwanese-American.
--
Apparel: Old leather jacket, dark pants, mask with a flower on it, a key on a string that I wear as a necklace.
Inventory: Knife, a handful of caps, a piece of paper with words on it I leave up to you.
Weapons: My precious knifey knife that I clean religiously, as well as some choice pieces of shattered glass. The key is sharp enough to stab people with if all else fails.
--
Abilities: agile, sneaky, good at blending in/hiding
Perks: STNB.
---

In the nearby distance, you see a dozen or so members of the Mexican gang smoking over several corpses. Straining your eyes, you see that the members of the losing party are the Italians, who appear to have taken an extremely effective surprise attack by the three Mexican pickups. After a while, and with certain reluctance, one of the taller Mexicans opened a manhole cover, and the bodies were quickly put inside and forgotten.

You recognise the taller Mexican as Román, one of the lieutenants of the Mexican gang, a man the Russians want dead, your latest contract.

--
--
--

After walking a few steps, you decide that you both are too weak to continue walking, and, laying down your jacket in the grass next to the highway, you both let yourselves down and fall asleep.

You are woken by some noise. Peeping up, you see several trucks approaching. You cannot see them very well due to their bright headlights being on, but they are approaching from outside the city.

--
--
--

You look around but cannot see a short way through the street without being in the Mexicans' field of view. However, some 200 meters away is Central Park, where you think you could pass without being disturbed by third parties. Excluding Charlemagne, who was in another of his annoying rants about safety.

Interesting items nearby are trash cans, garbage bags, several boxes, and a bottle with dirty water.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

--
--
--

I give them a thumbs up sign, meaning I want a ride. if im to weak to do that I just lay there.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

--
--
--

Just as you pop up and signal the trucks, they stop with a screech. Immediately after, a headlight is pointed at you, making it near impossible to view the vehicles, and a loudspeaker booms:

"Put your hands above your head!"

Just as the sentence is being finished, you suddenly find yourself on the ground with several armed men aiming at you. They study you for a moment, and then one of them says "Clear."

They immediately seem friendlier, and the headlight is lowered. They seem to be a part of the US military forces, patrolling the highway for some unknown reason. After a moment, a medic rushes forward and, without your consent, lowers you to the ground again and begins bandaging your wounds.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

--
--
--

"can someone explain what us going on here? me and my wife were beaten by some gang," I say.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

--
--

I pick up the water bottle and give it a shake before deciding it'd be rather useless in this situation. Times like these really make me wish I had a backpack.

Turning to Charlemagne, I put a finger menacingly to his furry face.

"Listen you, I'm heading across the alley to get a better view. You better stay here and keep quiet or [i]I'm
going to eat you. Got it?"

Charlemagne just glares.

Ignoring the hole he was burning in my back, I sneak quickly across the alley and head for the park.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Curse you Armor Games forum and your complete inadequacy.

Showing 31-45 of 183