Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Heavy Metal

Posted Nov 21, '13 at 2:21am

NontroppO

NontroppO

367 posts

Im not very much into extreme music (aka death - black) but i am trying from time to time and i enjoy listening to these albums.

Demilich (1993) Nespithe [technical death metal]

Pig Destroyer (2001) Prowler In The Yard [grindcore]

Psycroptic (2003) The Scepter of the Ancients [technical death metal]

I need to check Decapitated and Hate Eternal, give Amon Amarth and Cynic another try and i think i heard some Dying Fetus before not sure. Next time maybe some avant-garde or more melodics bands.

Posted Nov 21, '13 at 8:09am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,296 posts

Knight

How is this word allowed to be said on Armor Games...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Gothic metal/rock anyone?

Posted Nov 21, '13 at 4:03pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

Gothic metal/rock anyone?

Does Symphonic Metal count? I find some of the same elements tie into one another. For this, I point to the God-tier band Nightwish.

Posted Nov 22, '13 at 9:57am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,296 posts

Knight

Does Symphonic Metal count? I find some of the same elements tie into one another. For this, I point to the God-tier band Nightwish.

I would say they both have a close history together! Lots of Symphonic Metal bands incorporate Gothic elements, the fusion is rich.

Nightwish is beyond God-like after their last album. Pity they got rid of the last two female singers.

Posted Nov 22, '13 at 3:08pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,303 posts

Knight

But then you get the group that tries TOO HARD to be Death Metal: Grindcore.

Grindcore has one difference to Death Metal: it tries to be less dark. Some have described it as the result from taking the 'heavy' out of Death Metal and the 'fun' out of Punk music, blended into very short songs. Aaand yes, they're more extreme in the 'heavy' part, also.

Nightwish is beyond God-like after their last album. Pity they got rid of the last two female singers.

I've been to a concert very recently with ReVamp as pre-band; their singer, Floor Jansen, being Nightwishs new singer (and, as I learned right now by googling her, ex- After Forever). She is good, I'm eager to hear Nightwishs next album. She sounds a bit like Epica, except when she was growling of course... (interestingly enough, Simone Simons from Epica was inspired by Tarja... weird loop :P)

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 11:55pm

NontroppO

NontroppO

367 posts

Paradise Lost (1991) Gothic [doom metal & death metal]

Tristania (1999) Beyond the Veil [symphonic metal & gothic metal]

Carach Angren (2012) Where the Corpses Sink Forever [symphonic black metal]

Well not in the same vein as Nightwish but interesting stuff.

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 10:48pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

467 posts

Time to dabble into some necromancy, and resurrect this thread.

I have found a couple bands that you guys might enjoy.

The first is Iwrestledabearonce. Before you criticize me, I would like to say that most of their songs have very heavy parts in them. Unfortunately, they take experimental metal and rapes it over and over again. You'll find bits of polka, rap, etc., in random parts of their songs. Sometimes I question why they ended a giant slam fest in order to dance to polka instead... Give em' a try, but don't expect much.

The other is Devourment. A very heavy Death Metal band. When I say heavy, I mean some of the heaviest riffs you'll ever hear. The vocals are phenomenal, which is hard to find. Overall, they are a great band and I highly recommend them.

Posted Dec 3, '13 at 12:21am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

Time to dabble into some necromancy, and resurrect this thread.

Last post was only 5 days ago..

The first is Iwrestledabearonce.

One of DWF's favorite bands. I personally didn't like them. The drummer was pretty good, and the singer had some talent, but they wasted it trying to be flashy.

Posted Dec 3, '13 at 12:56am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Every so often I listen to Chelsea Grin when I'm doing housework or something. Like folding laundry. While the neighbors/people at the laundromat cast me sidelong glances.

Last House On The Left is another good one. Same application as Chelsea Grin.

Posted Dec 3, '13 at 4:12am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,345 posts

My... my... my... is the Metal community inside ArmorGames' realms awakening again and digging it's way back too the surface once more?! =)

If only there was some more activity on the Forums (like in the good old days) and this revival wasn't with such a crappy timing... I would seriously be considering to whip out the "M.B.W.C." from the freezer, carefully thaw it and serve it's third course! =D

As for my personal taste... I haven't been listening to music that much during the past year for several reasons, but every now and then I like to enjoy some Bullet for my Valentine or put on a good old Megadeth disk! Just to blow of some steam during the ironing. Double pun, allthough both lame, intended... =P

Reply to Heavy Metal

You must be logged in to post a reply!